.twelve

The Odd Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.twelve

It’s dawn right now (no, I’m just kidding, it’s five-thirty in the bloody morning), and I’m standing in the middle of a stupid grassy field, cursing everyone inside my head as I wait for Luhan to get me coffee—not that I really give a dime about it, I just wanted him to disappear before I chew his eyes out.

Honestly, I could list down a hundred more horrible things to do than this, and you’re wondering why and what the hell I’m doing here.

You see, today is Luhan’s game—again, not that I really give a dime about it, and he’s invited me countless times to watch because one, he needs someone to cheer for him; two, I seriously need to give a damn about my school life and three, I need fresh air.

Hah. Really funny.

And naturally, being the goodhearted and kind “girlfriend” I am, of course I refused. But the damn brat just pulled the aegyo card and I seriously regret agreeing in the first place.

Just what kind of black magic is that bastard doing?!
I demand to know the meaning behind all this sorcery!

Okay. Maybe I’m being a bit y. But I’m sure you’ll get my point when you find yourself being dragged away from your house at 4am and forced to stand in the middle of the grass where it’s about 7 degrees Celsius.

Just where is the heater when you need one?

“Sorry for waiting, here you go,” Luhan suddenly appears beside me, handing a cup of cheap coffee. “I couldn’t find a café, so I just went to McDonald’s. I hope you don’t mind.”

“No, it’s okay.” Coffee is still coffee after all.

“I don’t usually allow my friends to watch my game, since they’re loud and seriously idiotic, but today’s a really important day.” Luhan rambles. “It’s the final match for the nationals, and if we lose, I think it’s going to bring bad reputation to our school.”

I turn to him with a perfectly arched eyebrow. “And why is that?”

“Because we’re facing Seirin High.”

“Oh.” Was the only thing I could say, followed by a nod.

Seirin High is our school’s rival. I don’t know why, but I guess it’s because they’re always head to head in everything—from academics, sports, and even to competitions. I didn’t really care much since they didn’t bother me anyway.

“The game starts at 7, you can just roam wherever you want for now. But, um, Yoonmi, can you promise me one thing?”

I give Luhan a glance. “Shoot.”

“Please cheer for me in the game. I really need it.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter