.three

The Odd Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.three

Kyungsoo returns half-past seven, a new book in hand while he walks inside with his seemingly-permanent frown. That Jongin kid Baekhyun told me about follows him, though, and for a second there he seems really irritated. They keep quiet until the teacher arrives, and we all stand up to greet him.

“I’m Jung Yunho,” he says, eyes scanning the ground. “And I’ll be your homeroom teacher.”

Luhan disappeared a few minutes ago, turns out this isn’t his class, after all. He was just hanging out with Minseok. Baekhyun looked extremely pleased the moment Yi Fan left the room, and I couldn’t help but crack a smile at it.

“Since it’s the first day, why don’t we get to know our seatmates, okay?” Yunho kept spouting basic stuff about the school—how everything is going to be different, how we should act, what are the school rules and all that bull jazz—and then suddenly left us alone to ‘communicate with each other’.

Honestly, I think he’s just really lazy to teach.
I can’t blame him, though, almost half of the class looks like zombies.

“What a load of horse crap, huh?” I hear Jongin whisper beside me. He sends me a lopsided grin, and I merely nod in response. “I’m Kim Jongin, you are?”

“Nam Yoonmi.”

“Nice to meet you.” We shake hands, although I notice that his palms are a bit sweaty. After he pulls away, I wipe them on my skirt. “Did you know he used to be a dancer? Mister Jung, I mean.”

I jerk my head up with a raised brow. “Really?”

“Yeah. My parents know him. They said he used to be an underground dancer—a good one, even. He created awesome choreographies and won lots of competitions, but when dancing couldn’t support him anymore, he had to quit and study in college. I pity the guy, though, he seems nice.”

“Yeah, nice enough to half-heartedly encourage everyone about school—Yipee.”

Jongin snickers. “You’re funny.”

“…I am?”

“Yeah.” Then he places his arms on my desk and leans closer, grinning. “D’you think Miss Im has the hots for Mister Lee? She’s been staring at him since, like, freshman year with a creepy blush.”

“I think so, too.” I nod. “She’s putting on makeup, lately.”

“I know, right? It would be a good thing if she looked pretty damn fine but god—have you seen her face lately? She looks like a failed Barbie doll, to be honest.”

“Finally, someone who agrees with me! And did you see Miss Seung do that hair flip in front of the janitor? Oh m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter