.ten

The Odd Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.ten

Mornings were never my thing. I’m sure Jongin already knows that by experience (the poor boy suffered a black eye when he tried to surprise me once, it was gross, honestly). So it surprised me quite much when I felt a hand whirl me around, only to find the said teenager looking suspiciously at me.

“What?” I asked, leaning back a little. Our faces were merely inches apart, and it didn’t help the fact that he was scowling, either.

“You didn’t tell me you were dating Luhan,” he said. “Heck, you didn’t tell me you like him in the first place!” Then Jongin flashed a pout that almost got me cringing. “I thought we’re friends, Yoonmi. Don’t friends tell each other about their love life?”

I roll my eyes, inwardly gagging. “First of all, please don’t try to ruin my morning unless you want me to ruin your own face. I only got five hours of sleep last night. Second, you didn’t ask. And third, I am not obligated to tell you about my relationships, and you don’t need to tell me yours.”

I wasn’t really sure whether to spill Jongin the beans or not. Luhan told me not to share it to anyone else for now, but I figured that I could make a small exception since Jongin doesn’t really care about anything other than food and sleep.

Nonetheless I still kept quiet and ignored him.

“Hey, I’m talking to you here,” I felt a small tap on my shoulder. “Forgive me for being nosy but I think it’s kind of weird how you’re suddenly interested in Luhan when you hated him in the first place. Plus you’ve only met him for a few days.”

Remind me to be extra careful around Jongin.
This guy could be a clever fox sometimes.

I brush his hand away, faking a smile. “Well I changed my mind. Luhan in fact, is a very nice guy and he’s really romantic and cute.” I can’t believe I’m saying these words. I feel like puking. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to head to class now. You should probably follow, too.”

“Wait, wha—Oh , you’re right!”

Goodness, if lying could be a job, I would probably be a millionaire by now.

I could only sigh in relief while trying to hurry to the classroom. Good thing he forgot about it.

XXX

The sounds of chairs shuffling and scraping the floor were what filled my classroom for the past few minutes.  Murmuring, low voices were exchanged, alongside sneaky eye contact, a couple of frustrated sighs, and exaggerated eye rolls.

Of course, except for the , Byun Baekhyun.

The said bastard’s sitting beside me right now, looking pretty much like a rebellious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter