.eleven

The Odd Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

.eleven

At 8 AM sharp in our house I awoke to the sound of Minhyun calling for me. Normally one would’ve simply ignored him, staying back to their sleep and drooling to their hearts out, but the fact that he yelled Luhan’s name, exclaiming that said guy was here, I immediately sprinted down with a speed that could probably put Usain Bolt to shame.

“Luhan,” I breathe, barely awake with saliva filled cheeks. I crane my head a little to see him, spotting his lean figure standing silently in front of the door. “It’s 8 in the freaking morning and a Saturday, what the heck are you doing here?”

“Yoonmi,” he said with small smile, “good morning!”

Hesitantly, I pull the door open. Luhan wore a grayish blazer, narrow lapels and collar raised, over a printed white shirt and matching skinny jeans. But what caught my attention was the single rose clamped inside his hands, palms slightly twitching while he looks at me bashfully.

We stayed silent for a while, the both of us not knowing what to say. I didn’t know whether to compliment him, or to let him inside, but a simple fake cough from my mother indicated that Luhan was definitely up to something, and I most certainly did not know what it was.

“Good morning, dear.” She greets with a smile. “What brings you here?”

“O-oh, I…um…I-I don’t know how to say this b-but-”

Her eyes shone with a familiar glint of mischievousness. “Is it perhaps…for a date?”

That got everyone silent, including Minhyun who, for some reason, looked extremely disturbed. I immediately flail my arms around them, swatting the two away before they could even say something.

“Alright, you two, let’s just go back to sleep and-”

“She’ll be ready in five! Wait, no, make that thirty! Yes, thirty. God, you look so horrible.”

I roll my eyes, “Geez, thanks for the compliment, mom. It really made me feel good. But on another note, what the heck are you talking abou-”

The sight of mom’s make-up kit and layers of old, vintage dresses being taken out were enough to cut me off midsentence. Unfortunately, I had no time to protest as I was immediately shoved in the inside my room, courtesy of el-demonyo, Minhyun.

XXX

“You look great,” Luhan says after a few minutes of silence inside the car. Fortunately he knows how to drive; if we were going to take the bus then it would take every bit of willpower in me not to pull all of my hair out in frustration.

“I feel ty,” I grumble, frowning. “Could you please explain to me what the hell you’re doing?”

I wore this mid-thigh length, white thingy from Forever 21, along with Mary Janes because there was no wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter