Eaten by Wolves

Out of Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eaten by Wolves

 

 

 

It was the day of the camping retreat. The school arranged two buses to transport them to the camp site. One bus for the boys and one bus for the girls. Tiffany couldn’t contain her excitement. She was standing at the parking lot where senior students were gathering and getting ready to board the bus. She was waiting for Taeyeon to arrive but her eyes were darted towards the bus where the guys are to board.

 

 

Seung Hyun wasn’t there yet. Her eyes were scanning the students and he wasn’t there yet.

 

 

She would know if he was there. She could easily spot him in a pool of crowd. Her eyes would effortlessly zone him out. She doesn’t know how she does it but every time she sees him amongst a pool of students, her eyes just blurs out everyone else and all she sees is him.

 

 

Her heart rose when she saw Jiyong walking towards the bus. She craned her neck to see if Seung Hyun was behind him, tipping her toes slightly.

 

 

“I don’t know if you’re waiting for me or if you’re waiting for him.” Taeyeon’s voice resonated from behind her. Tiffany gasped and turned to her. Taeyeon crossed her arms over her chest and smirked at Tiffany.

 

 

“Taeyeon, we’ll only be gone for three days not three months. We’re going camping not going on a trip to Europe.” Tiffany changed the subject and looked at Taeyeon’s two large LV bags.

 

 

“I brought us some extras. I even brought snacks. I can’t imagine what they must serve us. I don’t even know why we have to go camping. We could have just gone for a cruise. Ugh.” Taeyeon replied, fixing her sunglasses.

 

 

Tiffany suddenly forgot to listen to Taeyeon’s rants as soon as she saw Seung Hyun. He was walking towards Jiyong whose back is turned to him. She doesn’t know how he could look so cool just by walking. It was as if he was effortlessly walking down an imaginary runway in Paris Fashion Week. She noticed how he gently tapped Jiyong’s shoulder and the latter turned to him and nod. They exchange a few words; Seung Hyun’s brows were furrowed.

 

 

What could they be talking about?

 

 

Tiffany wondered.

 

 

She watched the two guys board the bus. Seung Hyun and Jiyong sat at the back part of the bus, he sat by the window and placed his headphones on. He looked like he was showing something to Jiyong on his iPod.

 

 

“Are you done with your ogling? Coz we need to actually board the bus ourselves Tiff.” Taeyeon reminded. Tiffany shrugged and followed Taeyeon along.

 

 

*****

 

 

The camp site was spacious. The students were grouped, some were tasked to set up the tents, others were assigned to set up the bonfire, some were tasked to do the cooking, others for dishwashing. The students complained because they were asked to surrender all their gadgets. They’ll have it back after the retreat is over.

 

 

The first day was a bit hectic. Everyone was settling down. The second day was where they squeezed in all the activities in one day. The even had to get up 5am in the morning. Tiffany was a bit bummed out because the second day of the retreat was about to end and she wasn’t even able to exchange words with Seung Hyun.

 

 

She sighed heavily. She was sitting on a stool. She had been super excited for the retreat but it wasn’t turning out as expected. Somehow, Seung Hyun and Jiyong always disappear whenever there were activities. They even managed to escape their tasks.

 

 

Tiffany scanned the students and her eyes gravitated towards the left side of the camp site. She saw Seung Hyun walking towards the woods. He was alone.

 

 

Where is he going? Was he alone?

 

 

Tiffany didn’t know what got in to her but her feet formed a mind of its own and somehow, she found herself following Seung Hyun. She walked on the trail where Seung Hyun went but after half an hour of walking, she still couldn’t find him.

 

 

Tiffany looked around and her heart suddenly started beating loudly. She couldn’t find the trail anymore. She nervously turned around and looked at her surroundings and she could no longer see the campsite. All she could see were trees.

 

 

Her heart sank in a bottomless pit. She tried walking towards the right part of the woods where she could hear water flowing.

 

 

What is she going to do? Just the thought of everyone fussing over her whereabouts made her want to disappear on the face of the earth.

 

 

Tiffany found a stream, she was so tired from walking and so she sat on one of the rocks. She couldn’t help but cry. Part of it was from exhaustion and the other from scolding herself for being so pathetic.

 

 

After some thinking, she asked herself what good would it bring her if she followed Seung Hyun? She couldn’t even talk to him and here she was following him towards the woods. As if she would even strike up a sentence and actually start a conversation with him. She can’t even think straight and look at him in the eyes.

 

 

She felt so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter