Remember to Breathe

Out of Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Remember to Breathe

 

 

 

 

It’s only a few more months till their high school graduation. The students of Seoul Academy High were all busy with tons of paper works, thesis, prom, graduation ball, and school fair and college applications. Tiffany has been silently sitting on her desk for quite a while and she was just staring at her parent’s consent slip.

 

 

The entire senior batch was required to attend a three day retreat before they could graduate. The school arranged a camping trip to Nanji Hangang Park and each senior were given a consent slip that their parents had to sign.

 

 

Tiffany kept on reading the words ‘all seniors are required to attend’ on the consent slip. All seniors. Everyone in their batch will attend. Everyone. Including Seung Hyun.

 

 

Choi Seung Hyun.

 

 

Just mentally uttering his name makes her all giddy inside. Choi Seung Hyun and Tiffany Hwang had been classmates ever since their first year high school but after all these years, she has never been able to gather up the courage to actually approach and talk to him.

 

 

Seung Hyun never really participates in any extra-curricular activities. He always just keeps to himself. The back corner chair of the classroom is his resident chair. He doesn’t talk to anyone but his lone friend Jiyong. Whenever Tiffany secretly glance his way, she always finds him either sleeping or looking bored in class. Both Jiyong and Seung Hyun gave off the too-cool-for-school vibe and the students usually just leaves them be. As both guys are fairly pleasing in the eyes, they have their fair share of admirers but they never really cared about it.

 

 

Nonetheless, Tiffany found herself having a crush on Seung Hyun. At first it was a mere interest…and as time went on, her feelings developed. She doesn’t even know why, of all people, it has to be Seung Hyun. She even rejected Siwon, the school’s most popular jock when he courted her on junior high because of her feelings for Seung Hyun.

 

 

Feelings that he doesn’t even know that existed.

 

 

“How many times do I have to catch you daydreaming about him? My gosh, we’re seniors…last year in high school…we’re supposed to be having the time of our lives before college and here you are still pining over a guy you can’t even talk to…” Taeyeon whined as she sat beside Tiffany, placing her designer bag on her chair.

 

 

Taeyeon is Tiffany’s best friend. She’s the head cheerleader of the school, she’s beautiful, arguably the most popular girl in school, she comes from a wealthy family and she’s Tiffany’s best friend.

 

 

Tiffany on the other hand comes from an average family. She spent her early years in Los Angeles and went back to Korea with her parents to establish their small restaurant business. They're quite a misfit in their personalities; Taeyeon is the assertive and confident type while Tiffany is shy and reserved. The only thing that brought them together is Damon Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries. First day of freshman year, Tiffany was streaming an episode of The Vampire Diaries on her phone and squealed when she saw Damon in nothing but a white towel. It just so happened that Taeyeon was walking by her desk and saw her phone. She also squealed with her.

 

 

“OMG, you’re Team Delena!!! We’re so going to be best friends!”

 

 

That was the start of their odd friendship.

 

 

“I’m not daydreaming.” Tiffany denied hotly.

 

 

“We’ve been friends for four years Tiff, you can never lie to me and even if you do, I’ll know it.” Taeyeon raised her eyebrow at her.

 

 

“Imagine all the mosquitoes that will pester my skin. Ugh. You’re the only one excited for this camping trip since you get to be with him for three whole days.” She grinned at Tiffany and just as she was about to tell her off, their professor entered the classroom.

 

 

The professor started doing her usual roll call and at the same time asking for the parent’s consent slip. Tiffany looked at the back corner of the classroom…sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter