Boyfriend

Out of Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Boyfriend

 

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon, tell me why do I need to go with you to this event again?” Tiffany asked lazily. She was lying on Taeyeon’s bed, watching the latter apply mascara. Taeyeon shot her a glare but Tiffany just stuck out her tongue.

 

 

“Tiff, be thankful that I got us tickets to this exclusive event! We can’t let this pass up. We need to find a photographer to shoot for the launch of our website.” Taeyeon said impatiently, her concentration fixed on her reflection.

 

 

They’re already on their third year. Taeyeon and Tiffany already started their preparations for their website. Tiffany reached over to Taeyeon’s bedside table and looked at the ticket invite.

 

 

“But Taeyeon, don’t you think we need to get a fashion photographer? This is an event for Portrait Photography which ultimately focuses on capturing the subject’s expression, personality and mood of the subject. They’re totally different genres.” Tiffany explained while still looking at the invite. Taeyeon turned around; her hand on her hip and her eyes narrowing on Tiffany.

 

 

“Well, we need a different take on our shots. And I’m sure the young photographers of this exhibit are flexible enough to fit our demands. Besides, getting a newbie photographer is cost efficient than hiring professional fashion photographers.” Taeyeon walked over to Tiffany and made her get up.

 

 

“Come on, get ready Tiff. We’re running late.” Tiffany groaned as Taeyeon pushed her inside the bathroom to get changed.

 

 

Even though Taeyeon started earlier, Tiffany was still the one who finished first. She was waiting for Taeyeon on the living room, browsing her high school yearbook.

 

 

The smile on her face was bright as her eyes looked at her picture with Seung Hyun. It’s been two years and her feelings for him never changed. In fact, time only made her feelings for him stronger. He’s still the boy that inspires her. He’s still the only one who can make her smile. And even without consciously knowing, she’s waiting…waiting for that day when his life is no longer a mess…waiting for that day when time will finally play in their favor…

 

 

Although she has this vow to wait for him, Tiffany still can’t erase the image of the girl he was with on graduation day. She doesn’t know if his words on that book report are but just words with no weight…words about a passing high school infatuation…

 

 

But still…she waits…Not deliberately but unconsciously…unconsciously declining dinner dates or movie dates from guys interested in her…making excuses about being busy…or just simply stating that she’s not interested. She waits because she can’t help but wait…she can’t help but hold on to his words on that book report.

 

 

Tiffany stops in her thoughts and averts her attention to a picture next to her picture with Seung Hyun. It was a group picture of some of her classmates, but her focus was on a faint image of a red haired guy holding hands with a girl wearing what looks like Taeyeon’s dress.

 

 

“Come on let’s go.” Taeyeon said abruptly. Tiffany was still in a daze with what she saw on the yearbook.

 

 

Jiyong with Taeyeon on grad ball night?

 

 

Come to think of it, Taeyeon also avoided talking about grad ball.

 

 

“Tiff, quit the day dreaming. Let’s go.” Taeyeon snapped her fingers to wake Tiffany up.

 

 

Tiffany looked at her seriously. She opened to ask her about the picture but decided against it. She’ll ask her but on another time perhaps.

 

 

 *****

 

 

They arrived at the event a little late. Taeyeon wasn’t kidding when she said that the event was exclusive. The people in attendance looked, for the lack of a better word, expensive.

 

 

“Come on, let’s go and mingle. This is a great opportunity to establish our connections and put our names out there.” Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany, holding on to her arm, leading her inside.

 

 

As soon as they got inside, Taeyeon approached an acquaintance and began on her ever reliable PR skills. She made sure that their upcoming label became part of the conversation. And as they continued on mingling with the crowd, Tiffany got separated from Taeyeon. She was immersed in looking at the different photos in the exhibit.

 

 

She looked from one picture to another, not minding the crowd, until she came across one picture that stood in the middle of the exhibit, strategically centered claiming the spotlight of the whole event. Her heart caught up in as she recognized the person on the picture.

 

 

It can’t be.

 

 

Tiffany stood frozen in front of the picture.

 

 

The portrait was of the old lady from the bus she rode with Seung Hyun. Although the lady was smiling, her eyes had disappointment in her eyes. She gave out a feeling of regret on the years that passed before her.  

 

 

“She works in the market and sells rice cakes.” A deep familiar voice uttered. Tiffany’s head jerked.

 

 

He’s here. He was standing right beside her. He’s here and she just couldn’t believe it. He was wearing a suit, his hair styled to perfection, his eyes as compelling as ever. It was as if he’s so different from the guy she fell in love in high school and yet he was still that same guy she’s in love with.

 

 

“The bus driver is her only son. Although he didn’t kill his father like what we imagined, she just never forgave her son for wagering their house and small business for gambling.” Seung Hyun smiled.

 

 

“I finally solved one puzzle.” The longing in Seung Hyun’s eyes were evident.

 

 

“You’re here…” Tiffany whispered, taking slow steps to turn and face him. Seung Hyun did the same. She reached for his jaw, touching him as if she still couldn’t believe that he was right there standing in front of her.

 

 

“You’re really here…” Tiffany said shakily.

 

 

“Yes I am.” Seung Hyun placed his hand above Tiffany’s.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Ugh. Where did she go?” Taeyeon was looking for Tiffany. She held out her phone and dialed Tiffany’s number. She walked around, her eyes wandering until she finally saw where Tiffany is. In that very moment, she also saw the guy standing in front of Tiffany.

 

 

“Oh. My. God. Seung Hyun?” Taeyeon thought her eyes were deceiving her. She kept on blinking but Seung Hyun was still there. Before Taeyeon could come over and approach the two, a hand on her arm stopped her.


 

 

“Geesh, can you just quit being a for once?”

 

 

“Excuse me!?” Taeyeon turned around only to see Jiyong holding on to her arm. Taeyeon was oblivious of the curious glances around them. Seung Hyun and Tiffany were completely forgotten upon seeing Jiyong’s annoying arrogant smirk.

 

 

“What in the world are you doing here in New York? Who is foolish enough to let you in here?” Taeyeon bursts out. And instead of takin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter