Bus Stop

Out of Reach
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Bus Stop

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry I can’t drop you off today Tiff…my dad’s making me go to his office and he’s making mom and I to attend this business dinner with a business partner. You know, his usual boring stuff…” Taeyeon sighed lazily.

 

 

The class just finished and on an ordinary day, Taeyeon would usually give Tiffany a lift home. Sometimes they would stop by the mall or eat at their favorite diner or just hang out at Taeyeon’s house. They were always together. They were the inseparable kind of friends. It’s been a known fact that they’re always together. Kind of like the whole school would automatically assume that they’re in a fight if they don’t see Tiffany and Taeyeon together or the first thing one would ask if they see Tiffany alone is Taeyeon’s whereabouts and vice versa.

 

 

“It’s okay Taeyeon. It’s not like I don’t know how to take the bus.” Tiffany smiled and assured her best friend that it was totally fine.

 

 

“But we were supposed to watch TVD’s season finale together later!!!” Taeyeon ranted.

 

 

“Don’t you dare watch it alone! I will never forgive you if you watch it before me! We’ll watch it tomorrow. Okay?” Taeyeon demanded. Tiffany nodded her head and chuckled at her best friend.

 

 

“Okay. We’ll watch it tomorrow. Promise.” She smiled and Taeyeon demanded a pinkie promise. Tiffany laughed but complied with the pinkie promise anyway.

 

 

“Now go. You don’t want your father waiting.” She shooed Taeyeon away.

 

 

Tiffany carried her bag and went for the door. She walked through the school halls and headed outside of the campus. She was lost in her thoughts and re-lived her moment in the woods with Seung Hyun. She ran that moment in her head countless times. She didn’t get tired in trying to remember every little detail of it. And each time she recalled his smile made her smile as well.

 

 

She was a bit down because after the retreat, she never got the chance to talk to Seung Hyun anymore. Taeyeon kept on asking her where she’s been but Tiffany didn’t dare tell her best friend because she knows that her best friend would love every moment of teasing her…most especially now that Tiffany has come to realize that she’s already fallen deeply in love with Seung Hyun.

 

 

Tiffany stood on the bus stop. She sighed heavily.

 

 

Pathetic. That’s how Tiffany felt about herself.

 

 

Who would be stupid enough to fall in love for someone who barely knows you?

 

 

Why obsess with every little detail and give every gesture he made a deep thrilling meaning when it all could have been a forgettable meaningless encounter for him?

 

 

The bus arrived and Tiffany boarded the bus, placing her card on the reader so she could enter. She sat on the far end of the bus by the window. As soon as she settled down, she got her pink ear muffs/headphones and her favorite play list.

 

 

Tiffany gazed through the bus window as she listened to the music. She sighed heavily.

 

 

If only she was as forward and confident as her best friend…then maybe she’d have the guts to actually walk up to Seung Hyun and talk to him again. She was counting the days until graduation and felt a little heavier as another day passed on. She dreaded graduation because that would simply mean she would never see Seung Hyun again.

 

 

The bus stopped momentarily, letting the passengers get on. She smiled sadly as she watched a couple sitting on the bus stop. The guy took off his jacket and placed it around the girl’s shoulders.

 

 

What would it feel like if Seung Hyun did that to her? She’d probably blush as much as the girl is blushing right that moment.

 

 

Tiffany shook her head and smiled. Her thoughts would always wander in Seung Hyun’s direction whenever she sees a couple.

 

 

Really Tiffany? It’s time for you to get real. Stop living in a fantasy.

 

 

Tiffany scolded herself. She leaned on the glass window and sighed, her index finger tracing the glass, forming a heart shape on the fogged window glass.

 

 

But I feel happy whenever I think of him and me as a couple.

 

 

She lamented.

 

 

She breaks out from her reverie when the bus driver stepped on the break abruptly, making her grip on the rail in front of her and squeal. She moved her ear muff/headphones and placed it around her neck, checking the commotion.

 

 

A person just suddenly crossed the street making the driver stop abruptly. Thankfully no one got hurt. Tiffany sighed in relief, her hand placed above her chest, trying to appease the rise of her heartbeat. She looked to her side and gasped.

 

 

OMG. CHOI SEUNG HYUN.

 

 

Since when did he get here? I didn’t even notice him! Was he sitting beside me the entire time? OMG. What do I do? What do I do!????

 

 

Tiffany mentally screamed and fell open, she couldn’t even utter a word.

 

 

Seung Hyun looked at her with amusement.

 

 

“How?” Tiffany asked dumbly. Seung Hyun shook his head and chuckled.

 

 

“You’re so oblivious. I’ve been sitting here for five minutes.” Seung Hyun uttered with a smile.

 

 

“Oh my. I’m sorry…” Tiffany’s voice trailed off.

 

 

“I was sitting on the other side and you were so lost in your thoughts. Some old guy was looking at you weirdly earlier so I thought I’d sit beside you to make sure you’re safe.” Seung Hyun shared. He looked at her iPod and then to her ear muff/headphones.

 

 

“Ear muff and headphones at the same time…that’s pretty neat.” Seung Hyun praised. Tiffany smiled.

 

 

“My dad gave it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter