Re-Born: Chapter 7

Re-Born

Chapter 7

Baekhyun and I walked away from Tiffany’s house after getting a "new image". The last thing Tiffany had said was that she will keep my secret. The moment I had stepped out of her house, I was no longer K, but Song Jung. 

It was already late in the afternoon and Baekhyun was taking me to another place. A place where according to him, I will be able to find someone or something that will be able to help me find myself again. I wasn’t so sure as to what was the thing or person that will be able to help me and I thought that Baekhyun’s idea was stupid.

“Are you sure this place you’re taking me to will be able to help me?” I asked.

“Stop doubting me already. I know what I’m doing and I know what’s good for you,” he replied back.

“How are you so sure?” I challenged back.

“I just am.”

I just am.

Baekhyun’s words ran through my mind after he had said them. He had said it with so much confidence. I wondered why that was, but somehow I trusted him without questioning him any further. He had that kind of power over me. That trust that I was afraid to have in other people.

We kept walking in silence for a few minutes until we arrived at the place. There was stairway that led to some sort of basement. A wide light blue door that shook with the waves of the music as it played from the inside. No one was outside the door and you can see people coming in and out of the place freely. Baekhyun pulled me along with him and we both went inside the place.

A band was playing in what seemed to be a small stage. The people here cheered so loud for them and I was starting to wonder who they were, but there was something I wanted to know first.

“You brought me here to see some rookies play? Who do you think I am?” I angrily asked Baekhyun. He pretended not to hear me over the loud music, but I knew that he was able to hear me very well. That’s when I hear his voice. It hit me in a place that I didn’t know about. I was hypnotized by his voice.

I turned around to see him sing right at that stage. He was amazing. He had something in him that was different and new. Something that I couldn’t explain with words alone. His music spoke of something and had me feel something unnatural. I couldn’t keep my eyes off him and I started to walk closer to the stage as I pushed through the small crowd. I didn’t remember who I was anymore or any of my surroundings; I only paid attention to his voice that somehow controlled my body. The next thing you know, the song is over and he gets off the stage. It was over so quickly I couldn’t accept that fact. I tried to run to him but someone held me back.

“Baekhyun,” I growled at him.

“Hold it there, Princess. You have to be patient. You can’t just run up to him like that, not in front of everybody,” he warned.

“No, I need to see him right now,” I screamed back and tried to run from Baekhyun but he held me tighter and whispered in my ear.

“Be patient, Darling. I knew he would be the one.”

His voice tickled my ear and I stopped struggling. He released me from his hold and I turned to him.

“What do you mean? How was he able to make me feel this way? I don’t understand what’s happening?”

“He has that something that you lost once you let the fame change you. Find that thing in him and get back on that stage,” he said and I nodded.

Most of the people had left already and I waited near the place for him to come out. Baekhyun had left long ago; it was now up to me to do the rest. The night was cold and it looked like it could start raining any second now. I was starting to get impatient, but then he came out. I hid from him so that he wouldn’t notice me. He walked away from me, with a guitar hanging from his back. For a moment I couldn’t move from my place, but then I remembered the mission.

I walked cautiously behind him, keeping my distance and making sure he wouldn’t notice me. I kept walking behind him when suddenly he caught me off guard by stopping abruptly in which it almost made me trip. I got nervous for some reason and turned my back to him, and hoped he didn’t notice that I was following him.

For some odd reason all my senses stopped working. I didn’t sense him at all coming towards me. He tapped my shoulder which made me turn to him. I bit my lip before giving him a nervous smile. He gave me a stern look and crossed his hands over his chest.

We stayed in the dark like this for a while; him staring at me while I stared back at his flawless face. I gulped down my saliva and try to find my voice.

“Please accept me as your apprentice,” I screamed out as I shut my eyes and clenched both my hands, and waited for his reply.

There was silence and I was unsure if he would even answer me. I slowly opened my right eye only to see this man’s shocked expression. He then let out a loud laugh, grabbing onto his stomach and pretending to wipe a tear from his eye as if what I had just said was the most hilarious thing he had ever heard his whole life.

“You crazy fangirls sure come up with the most absurd excuses just to get close to someone,” he said after recovering from the burst of laughter from what I had said to him.

I stood there in disbelief as I heard his words. He thought that I was some sort of fangirl. Me. I couldn’t accept the fact the he thought me, K, was a fangirl.

But wait, I wasn’t K anymore, I was just Song Jung.

He couldn’t know who I really was. I couldn’t let that happen at all, but before I could say anything else he had already walked away from me. I could feel the soft drops of water that began to fall. I started to panic as I saw him walk away from me. I ran to him again and turned him around so that he looked at me once again.

“Please,” I pleaded, “I really want to sing and I know you can help me.”

No response.

“Won’t you please help me!” I screamed as I get tire of pleading and pull on his shirt at my frustration when he didn’t say anything.

I heard a low growl from him and he pushed me, making me fall to the ground. I twisted my ankle as I fall and scrapped my knee. He walked away and tears started to slowly roll down my cheeks. I felt so vulnerable and defenseless as it started to rain harder and I felt like I have failed.

Feeling dejected I slowly start to give up. I started to cry harder and to feel weaker as well. That’s when I felt a presence in front of me. I looked up only to see that man reaching his hand out to me. I looked at his hand for a while, a sudden rush ran through me and I took it.

I got up with some difficulty since my ankle and knee were in pain.

“I’m sorry,” he said, feeling guilty for pushing me.

“Please,” I said in response.

He continued to walk away and I tried to follow after him but fell again, this time landing on all fours. He stopped his tracks and looked back, only to find me on the floor once again. He sighed and mumbled a few words that I cannot understand. For some reason I wasn’t able to pick up what he had said.

He stood in front of me once again and crouched down. The rain slowly soaked us both as he tried to understand the situation I had put him in at the moment.

“Why don’t you just go home, huh?” he asked and I shrugged.

“I don’t have a home. I have nowhere to go. I’ve fallen down and I don’t know how to get up,” I said in between tears that I didn’t know had escaped again. “Can you please give me a chance?” I asked.

He sighed and finally gave in to my pleads. He removed the guitar he carried from his back to give me a piggyback and instead carried his guitar in his hand.

He walked in silence with me on his back as I held onto him and memorized the path we were taking. The rain slowly started to fade away as we walked. We arrived at his apartment and he slowly put me down. He opened his door and turned the lights on, inviting me inside his place. It was a one bedroom apartment with only one bathroom, a small space for only one person.

I stood there in complete shock at the view in front of me. This couldn’t be happening. Not me. Why?