Re-Born: Chapter 6

Re-Born

Chapter 6

I walked the streets with a suitcase and red puffy eyes. I collapsed on the floor and started to cry out. Rain started to pour down on me out of nowhere. Heavy raindrops hit the roofs and others that were walking out at night. Lighting could be heard and I screamed out even more. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see the person. My eyes widen in shock as I realized who it was.

"Byun Baekhyun."

"You're causing chaos, stop what you're doing and get up," he said and grabbed my arm, forcing me to stand on my two feet. He grabbed my suitcase and made me follow him to a place I didn't know.

His hand was holding mine as we walked under the moon. My cries had stopped somewhat as Baekhyun kept leading the way. The heavy rain had stopped now and light water fell down the sky. I still didn't know where we were going, I just kept letting him drag me to the unknown place.

We walked, walked, walked, and walked. I pulled my hand away from his and stared with cold eyes unto his back until he turned around and met my gaze.

"We're almost there," he said and grabbed my hand again. 

He was right. We only walked a block more and ended up in front of an old instrument shop. He let go of my hand and grabbed a key from his pocket. He opened the main door and I made my way inside. He closed and locked the door again, grabbed my suitcase and dragged me again. The inside of the store was pitch black, I couldn't see clearly, even though my sight was great. He had no trouble leading the way in the darkness. He opened another door. This door led to a dark hallway. We made a left and climbed some stairs, leading us to a room on the second floor.

"You can stay in this room tonight," he said and walked back downstairs.

I opened the door to the room and switched the lights on. It was a small room with white walls. There was a small bed to fit only one person, a small desk on the corner, a small television and a small closet.There were no posters on the walls, no pictures, nothing. I changed out of my wet clothes and decided to rest for tonight. Tomorrow, I will figure out what to do.

The smell of food woke me up early in the morning. I stretched my arms up before getting out of bed. I walked down the stairs and noticed a small living room with a kitchen to my right. Baekhyun was there, making breakfast. I cleared my throat to make my presence known and entered the room and sat on the small table for two.

"You own this whole place?" I asked.

"No, “Thank you, Baekhyun, for letting me stay in your room”?” he asked as he turned to see me, a playful smile on his face.

“I asked you a question, you answer it,” I demanded.

“Yeah, I own this,” he said as he placed a plate of odd food in front of me.

“You expect me to eat this?” I asked in disbelief.

“It may not look like the prettiest and most delicious food out there, but trust me, it’s edible.”

I made a disgusted face but still dared myself to try this. Baekhyun was right again. It was edible, and even somewhat delicious.

“You have to start all over again,” he said out of nowhere.

“How did you know?” I asked a little shock.

“We’re connected, remember?”

“Oh, right.”

“You can’t stay with me much longer. We’ll go get you a new image and you have to get back on that stage.”

“How!? I got kicked out!?” I said as I stood up from my chair and slammed both of my hands onto the table. Thinking back to what Kim-something said, I don't think I could go back to being the leader of Re-Born.

“I have a plan,” he said.

“A plan?” I said.

I now followed Baekhyun as we walked together to see one of his friends. He said that this friend of his will help me look different. For now, I had my hair hidden away with one of Baekhyun’s hat that I had borrowed from him. I tried to disguise myself so that I wouldn’t be recognized. So far it was going alright.

We arrived at a small house with a yard full of flowers of all sorts. Baekhyun rang the door bell and soon after the door was opened by a beautiful female.

“Baekhyun, it’s nice to see you again. Are you doing well?” the woman asked. She then noticed my presence and was shocked to see me. She composed herself again and smiled sweetly at me. “I see you brought a friend, Baekhyun,” she said.

“Yes, I need you to give her a new look. Do you think you can help, Tiffany?”

“Of course. Please come in and make yourselves at home,” Tiffany said and led us into her living room.

“I’m Hwang Tiffany by the way, and you are?” Tiffany said while extending her hand out to shake mine as she introduced herself to me.

I was extending my hand out as well to shake hers and was about to say that I was K, the leader of Re-Born, but I stopped myself and answered with my real name instead. “Song Jung, nice to meet you.”

“That’s a pretty name. I don’t know why you didn’t use it before.”

“Excuse me?” I said. K had been my nickname for a very long time and the other person, besides Baekhyun, that knew my real name was Kim-something. None of the members of Re-Born new my real name at all. Re-Born, along with the whole world, knew me as K only.

“You’re from Re-Born aren’t you? I never knew your real name. I’ve only known you as K,” she said. “Your name is really pretty.”

“Oh, thank you.”

“Baek, go make us some tea while I get my supplies. You know where the kitchen is already,” she said to Baekhyun as she excused herself.

Baekhyun came back first with the tea and so we drank our tea in silence while waiting for Tiffany.

“How do you know Tiffany?” I asked while we kept waiting for her to come back.

“It’s a funny story actually and she has helped me out a lot,” Baekhyun answered but gave nothing else away.

Tiffany came back after a while and quickly started to change my appearance. After a couple hours, Tiffany handed me a mirror to see myself. The blonde hair and makeup I was used to seeing myself in was no longer there. I had black hair now and my makeup was different. I wasn’t the same as before. Well, on the outside, on the inside I still needed to find the thing I had lost.

tumblr_inline_mfbs94tHPs1qiv2qh.gif

Before 

After