Re-Born: Chapter 4

Re-Born

Chapter 4

I close my eyes as I look over a small bridge. I could hear the slow steady current of the water, birds chirping around. I could feel the wind playing with my hair. I can smell the grass and the soil of the earth, I can feel new life starting to grow with just my presence here. The plants begin to bloom rapidly, the roots of a tree starts to grow in an instant until the tree grows four feet above the ground as I become one with nature. I quickly open my eyes. The wind suddenly begins to blow harder as anger washes over me as I realize that I was not suppose to be doing this. My hands form fists as I try to control my power. The tree that I was growing before suddenly collapses and turns into dust, leaving no traces behind of its existence. The flowers that I just had bloomed begin to wilder. I take a deep breath to try and relax myself before I begin to take more than I created.

The wind stops blowing until there's hardly any now. I quickly leave this place and go to where I was supposed to be. I need to release all this power inside me, and quick, before I do anything I'm not supposed to be doing.

I arrived at the concert hall and make my way backstage. I entered Re-Born's waiting room, only to find all my members looking agitated. Cherry makes her way towards me and gives me a tight hug while I groan and roll my eyes.

"K, you're back! I knew you wouldn't leave us," she said as she releases me from her hug and looks at me with a wide smile on her face.

"Yeah, whatever," I answer her back as I make my way to one of the vanity tables and have our makeup artist retouch my makeup.

"Do you have any ing idea how worried we were!?" Sora yells at me as she places her hands on her hips. I stare back at her reflection through the mirror with indifference. "We only have ten more minutes before we perform," she informs.

Gosh, she's so annoying. I can't stand the very sight of her. I wonder why I even let her be in my band. I should really consider kicking her out and look for a new person to replace her spot right after we finish our tour.

"Well, I'm here now, no need to worry," I tell her with a very uninterested tone. She scoffs at me and starts walking away with an angry face while mumbling curses at me under her breath. She thinks that I can't hear the curses she's said, but I can hear them all loud and clear, even though it's not possible for any normal human to have hearing like this.

I close my eyes and concentrate on the air in this room and make a small swirl of air between her feet, making her fall to the ground. She looks back at me and I show her a smirk. I can see her hatred for me become stronger and it just makes me smirk wider. I know she can't touch me because she's too much of a coward. Besides, I'm way stronger than her, even if she doesn't know it.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you!?" Sora starts to accuse me and points a finger at me.

"Did what?" I ask innocently.

"You know what you did! You tripped me!" she states in anger.

"Oh really? And do you have proof?" I challenge her.

"Sora, why are you accusing K? Clearly you tripped with your own feet. K has nothing to do with this," Cherry defends me, only to have Sora scoff in disbelief.

"Of course you would be siding with her. You're nothing but her little monkey!" Sora spat at Cherry while her eyes widen and tears start to form at the corners of her eyes.

Cherry looked at me through the reflection of the mirror, waiting for me to defend her against Sora. I looked back at her, showing no hits that I will open my mouth any second now to help her. She blinked the tears away and offered me a weak smile before exiting our waiting room. All the other members look back at me, expecting me to run after Cherry, but I only close my eyes and rub my temples.

Cherry was well aware that I wasn't going to do anything to defend her when it comes to someone else other than myself. I didn't ask her to stand up against me, she would do it on her own, so it's not like it was my job anyway and she knows this.

"Are you going to go after her?" asked Hei Ryung from the corner of the room. It surprised me at first when I heard her speak up. She's always so quiet and never shows her feelings. She always did what she was supposed to do and never complained. She always minded her own business and gave me no trouble, that's why I liked her.

I got up and walked out of the waiting room. If Hei Ryung spoke up then I guess now I had no choice but to go see if Cherry was okay. It was rare for her to talk, so might as well just listen to her when she does.

I went to into the bathrooms and found Cherry there sitting at the far corner. I went up to her and kneeled down in front of her.

"Here you are. We have to perform soon. You don't want to miss performing, do you?" I asked her in a very soothing voice. Cherry was actually such a nice girl and she idolizes me and hopes to be like me one day, but that will just be impossible.

"K, you came looking for me. I thought-"

"Shh, come on, we don't have a lot of time," I cut her mid sentence and pulled her up with me, dragging her out of the bathrooms and heading to the stage. The other members were already waiting for us. We got on stage, everyone getting into their positions. I closed my eyes and checked to see if I was under control. I took a deep breath and everything started. Suddenly I was in a whole different world and I felt free here.