Re-Born: Chapter 1

Re-Born

Chapter 1

Unknown:

I open my eyes as the morning light kisses my face. The sun shines brightly today. To others, it may seem like a beautiful day today, with perfect weather, birds chirping happy and so on, but to me, it's just another torturous day. Waking up to this life feels like hell to me. I would do anything to change places with a homeless person, because at least they have freedom.

My eyes look up at the ceiling and I release a heavy sigh before deciding to get out of bed already. Seconds later, I hear knocks at my door, then three maids come into my room. They greet me good morning and all I do is nod. One of the maids makes her way into the bathroom to prepare hot water for my morning bath. Another goes into my closet to prepare my clothes for today. The other grabs my hand and carefully leads me into the bathroom. I find the first maid checking the water and nodding her head, letting the other maid know that it's ready for me. They both help me out of my clothes until I'm completely and I get into the bathtub. I let myself get comfortable while they start to bathe me. One starts to wash my hair while the other starts to scrub my body.

After my bath, the maids dry my body and help me get dress for today. They are careful while doing my hair and applying makeup on my face.

Today is a very special day, so special that nothing, absolutely nothing can go wrong. Today is the day when our whole clan will gather together. Today is the day when the fate of our whole clan will be placed in my hands. Today is the day when I will be chain down to follow this fate for the rest of my life and never leave this place. I will be destined to live every second of my life being controlled by others, not like it wasn't happening already.

I sighed once the maids were all done with me. I told them to leave me alone for a few while I calm my nerves down.

This is it, after today I will never get a chance to escape.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as the tears start to fall. "I'm so sorry."

I cannot live like this. I'm going to be selfish from now on.