Re-Born: Chapter 2

Re-Born

Chapter 2

Unknown:

My destiny was already set even before I was born. I was to always shine the way for the head of our clan when the time came. From a very young age I have been training day after day with no time to make friends or live a normal life like the others. Of course, I'm not the only one. Only those in our clan born with special powers like my own live this way. We are all destined for something and are expected to follow through the end. We can never break this curse. I have the power of light, and with my power I'm supposed to lead the way, her way.

I've never meet the next leader in our clan, but I heard she's a girl. A girl with extraordinary powers never seen in the whole clan. She never gets to go outside and see the light of the sun. That's why I was chosen to be her light. She always trains every day like me, but I hear it's tougher for her because she gets to do a lot more things than I do. So I guess in the end she has it worse that I do. I respect her for that. I wonder if she ever gets tired of this life; I know I do. 

I want to break free and light my own light for myself. I'm capable of doing a lot more than shine my light for one girl. As long as I can be free from this destiny, I don't care if I can't use my light anymore. I would gladly give my power to anyone else to get out of here. I have a passion for music, but that's something that's not necessary for me to have. This voice of mine will not be of any help to the clan, therefore I cannot use it at all. 

I realized I had a talent for singing when I was twelve years old. I was out in the garden walking around when I heard a beautiful voice of a girl. Her voice was so captivating it made my heart beat faster. When I got closer she stopped singing. I wanted her to keep on singing, but she had heard my footsteps and stopped. She had told me not to come any closer. I couldn't see her face, only her back. She was so short and had long hair. I told her I wanted to hear her sing again, but all she told me was to hear my own voice. I was confused at first and asked her what she meant by that, but I suddenly started to feel dizzy and fainted. When I had woken up, the sun had already been gone. 

Ever since that day I had never seen that girl again, and ever since that day I started to sing and hear my own voice instead. Every day I would go to the garden in hopes of seeing her again, but I never did. I always try to remember her beautiful singing, but I can't remember it anymore. I really wish to hear it at least once again, before I have to be next to our new clan leader.

The day is getting nearer and nearer. Then for sure I will not have freedom what so ever. I can't imagine myself doing that for the rest of my life, I must find a way. A way to escape this hell.