amusingmurdermachine | Waiting List |

SHINING STAR ✰ | ONE SHOT REQUEST SHOP | FINISHING |

Navigation

Home      |      Staffs        |        Idol List       |        Request List      |     Blacklisted


Title: Waiting List

Author: onewchickenking

 

Taehyung sat patiently in his tiny apartment's living room. It had been nearly two hours since he had sent a text message to his friend, Taehee. She wasn't replying, a usual thing, which probably meant that she wouldn't be able to see that romantic comedy about the cheating boyfriend begging for forgiveness that Taehee's boyfriend, Sehun, refused to take her too. Sehun really wasn't into things like that which made it unfair for his sweet girlfriend.

Sighing, he set down his phone and shook his head lightly, trying to get rid of the absurd thoughts that ran through his head. What was he thinking? Even if Taehee were able to go, that jerk Sehun would tag along with her, they wouldn't be alone at all, ever. No matter how hard he tried to get rid of Oh Sehun, he was always there.

Something about their relationship really bothered him. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he was determined to figure out what it was.

Taehyung scratched his head and twitched, Taehee never took this long to reply. With one simple tick of the clock that hung on the wall, he sprang up onto his feet, slipped on some shoes and jogged to his friend's house.

 

Coming over right now. Hope u dont mind ^^;

Message sent!

 

Shoving his phone into his pocket, he walked down the street to Taehee's house as several cars passed by.

The lights were on, which was strange, the sun had yet to go down completely. Biting his bottom lip, Taehyung slowly approached the house to hear various sounds, one of which was Sehun's booming voice.

"Just let me sleep! I'm tired of going through all those bills!"

 

Oh yeah, he almost forgot, this was their fifth month living together.

 

"Well I can't do it all on my own! I'm not very good at number crunching!"

 

He moved closer to the door, leaning in.

 

"It's not my fault you can't do simple elementary school math!"

 

The arguing came to an end when Taehyung came through the door, fists clenched and marching towards Sehun, "I swear Oh Sehun you really don't k-"

Taehee yanked at her friend's tensed arm, stopping him from getting any closer to her boyfriend, "He didn't mean it," She looked into his eyes, giving him a reassuring smile, "He's right, I'm over thinking it."

It was crazy how easily she accepted defeat and it caused Taehyung to scoff.


"What are you doing here anyways?" Sehun frowned.

 

"I came to check on my friend." Taehyung replied

 

As tensions rose, the two boys drew closer and closer to each other, fists clenched and teeth gritted. Ready to fight, Sehun raised his fist, which was quickly restrained by Taehee.

The room quickly grew silent as they all looked down, it was only a matter of minutes before Taehyung was asked to leave. 

As soon as he left, the couple began to argue, this time about their own relationship. The fighting had gone on long enough, and Taehee was just as ready as Sehun to end it.

For once in along time, Taehee felt guilty.

Always shutting Taehyung out of her life for her inconsiderate boyfriend. Without thinking, instinctively she ran out from her house and went straight to Taehyungs.

 

 

---

 

 

His small apartment rattled and shaked from the slamming of the door behind him. Nearly tossing everything aside in his path he plopped down onto the sofa letting out a long sigh. Staring up at the ceiling, Taehyung remembered the first time he met Taehee, she was being bullied by a group of boys and Taehyung just so happened to be her savior. 

 

It's been 10 years...he thought.

 

10 years since he watched his best friend fall in love with another man, it was only now that he realized the feelings he had developed for her. Watching her slip from his grasp was the worst feeling in the world, now he understood what he had to do.

 

Quickly he ran to the bathroom, looking into the mirror to make sure he looked presentable. Just as he slipped on his shoes and opened the door he saw Taehee at the door as if she was about to knock.

"H-hi... listen about earlier I broke up wit-" She was interrupted mid-sentence by Taehyung's lips smashing against her own. 

Her face flushed with red as the kiss grew more passionate and time flew by. 

Their night was spent in each other's arms safe and sound. For once in Taehyung's life, things were going his way, it seemed as if all the waiting really helped.

 

---

 

Within one month the two were already closely tied to each other, constantly going out on dates and enjoying each other's company. Although Taehyung didn't really agree with it, Taehee continued to stay in contact with Sehun, who she had promised to help pay off the house. 

 

"Hey baby, let's get going soon or else we'll be late to the movie." Taehyung said as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend's tiny waist.

 

Taehee smiled as she finished putting on her eyeliner, "Okay, just give me a second."

 

The male nodded and grinned before he heard a faint ping ping! from his sweetheart's phone. Looking at the phone on the counter he reached out for it, when suddenly it was snatched out of sight by Taehee. 

 

"You trying to hide something?" Taehyung asked.

 

His girlfriend laughed and replied, "No~ It was just notification for an update on the new release of the BTS mini album~"

 

"I'll never understand what you see in those guys.." Taehyung chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. Was it strange that she was alwaysgetting notifications for things? He shook his head, then again korean idols do have ridiculous schedules.

 

 

---

 

 

"I'll be right back," Taehee whispered, "I have to go to the bathroom."

 

Taehyung nodded as he watched his girlfriend's illuminated body leave the theater, this was the second time she had to leave the theater to go to the bathroom. Once again he shook off the odd feeling and figured maybe it was just that time of month again.

 

Outside a nervous Taehee was waiting for her second date to arrive. Tapping her foot and pacing near the entrance soon caused her to run into someone, Sehun.

 

"Found you," He smiled, "Have you told him yet?"

 

Taehee nodded, "Yeah I told him about our engagement."

 

Sehun's smile grew wider, "Good, lets go then."

 

Hesitating the cheating girl shook her head, "Let's wait a little bit honey."

 

Sehun took a hold of his fiance's left hand and looked at her ringed finger, "Who knew counseling really does work?"

 

Since the two were still allowed to stay in touch they had been secretly meeting each other, re-developing feelings for each other which eventually led to Sehun's proposal. Taehee wasn't sure if she could actually tell Taehyung the truth so she decieved both boys into thinking she wasn't with anyone else, although Sehun really didn't care as long as he had Taehee in his life.

 

 

---

 

 

Taehyung sat impatiently in the seat waiting for his girlfriend to return but she never came. Frustrated, he got up from his seat and stormed out of the theater searching for his dream girl.

Soon his eyes fell on her as he sighed with relief and took two steps toward her. His jaw dropped, with those two steps he was able to seethe full scene.

Sehun looked up from Taehee and smirked when he saw a shocked Taehyung.

Taehee whirled around and widened her eyes at her in-shock boyfriend.

 

Was this real?

 

Tears began to well up in Taehyung's eyes but he forced them to stay in. Running away, the other couple followed him trying to stop him but he paid no heed. 

 

 

Run Run Run,

Get away from all of this,

None of it can be undone.

All this love and bliss

Was fake to begin with.

 

 

His vision was blurred and he slowly walked into the street with heart weighing a ton. Sobbing, he knew it was coming, and with it he would be free. He wouldn't have to wait for anything or anyone.

 

He accepted it freely.