byeolken | Oppa, I Love You |

SHINING STAR ✰ | ONE SHOT REQUEST SHOP | FINISHING |

Navigation

Home      |      Staffs        |        Idol List       |        Request List      |     Blacklisted


Title: Oppa, I Love You

Author: omonachu

 

1O years ago

“Yeonae-ah,” Kai called her little sister, “Come meet my friend!”

Yeonae went to his big brother, Kai. She stared at his friend and was dumbfounded by how handsome his friend was.

“Sehun meet my little sister, Yeonae!” Kai smiled at Sehun and looked at Yeonae, “Yeonae, this is my friend, Sehun.”

Sehun looked at Yeonae and smiled at her, “Annyeong, my name is Oh Sehun you can call me Sehun!”

“A-Annyeong,” Yeonae mumbled smiling widely at Sehun

Kai went to the backyard and called Sehun, “Sehun! Come let’s play volleyball!” Sehun smiled hearing the word volleyball. Sehun always liked playing volleyball ever since Kai introduced it to him. For him volleyball is the only thing that makes him feel alive.

“Yeonae-ah,” Sehun smiled at her, “Do you want to play volleyball?”

“B-But I at sports...” Yeonae pouted

“Is that even a problem?” Sehun asked her still smiling, “I can teach you.”

Yeonae nodded, smiling at him. They both went out to the backyard and Sehun started teaching Yeonae but no matter how hard she tries she can’t hit the ball. Yeonae feeling miserable started crying, Sehun went to her and ruffled her head, “Don’t cry..” He searched for Kai but he was nowhere to be seen, “I’m sure you’ll get it after you practice some more.”

“R-Really?” Yeonae stopped crying, “Will I really improved if I practice?”

“Of course,” Sehun nodded and smiled at her, “I can even teach you if you want.”

Yeonae smiled

Everyday Sehun would go to their house just so he could teach Yeonae play volleyball. Sehun never gave up teaching her, but one day Sehun didn’t come to their house.

“Oppa,” Yeonae cried and went to Kai

“W-Why are you crying?” Kai panicked, “Are you hurt?”

“No, but...” Yeonae cried even harder

“But?” Kai asked her worriedly

“Sehun oppa didn’t come teach me volleyball today...”

Kai chuckled and ruffled her hair, “Don’t worry, I’m sure he’s just busy, he’ll probably come here tomorrow and teach you. Do you want oppa to teach you?”

Yeonae shake her head and stuck out her tongue, “No, I only want Sehun oppa to teach me,” she turned around and walked away. Kai chuckled Sehun-ah, what have you done to my little sister?

 

Present

"I'm home!" Kai shouted, "Yeonae-ah! Where are you?"

"I'm in the backyard!" Yeonae shouted back

Kai went to the backyard and saw her little sister practicing volleyball. Kai looked at her amused and shakes his head. “You’ve improved,” He went to her and smiled.

"Really?" Yeonae asked him still focused on the ball

Kai smiled at her, “Why are you practicing?”

"Because I want to get into the volleyball varsity... So that I can see him every day...” She muttered the last part, but Kai heard her clearly; he nodded and smirked, "You need some help?" Yeonae nodded. Soon they were both playing and Kai was teaching her some of his techniques.

 

“That’s it for today,” Kai shouted, “Oppa is tired already!”

“Hyung is already old!” Yeonae stuck out her tongue and went inside to get a bottle of water for Kai. She entered the living room and found Kai sitting on the couch staring at the ceiling.

“Here,” Yeonae handed Kai the bottled water

“Thanks,” Kai smiled and moved so that Yeonae can sit. He took a drink from the bottle and looked at Yeonae, “By the way, volleyball try out is tomorrow.”

Yeonae nodded, “I know, that’s why I practiced today.”

Kai nodded, “Then good luck!”

Yeonae smiled, “Thanks oppa!” Kai stood up from the couch and ruffled her hair, “Take a good night sleep, alright? Oppa is going to take a bath and go to sleep.”

“Ne,” Yeonae nodded and smiled at him

 

The next morning

Knock Knock

“Yeonae-ah, wake up,” Kai knocked

“I’m already awake,” Yeonae replied, “Just wait a minute!” Yeonae hurriedly puts her clothes on and swing her bag she opened the door and smiled at her brother.

“Ready for school?” Kai asked her, Yeonae nodded and asked, “You’re going to watch me later, right?”

“Of course,” Kai answered. They both left the house and walked towards their school. Walking together to school has always been their daily routine since they were elementary students. Their parents were both busy so they were unable to attend to their child needs, but the siblings don’t care about it because they have each other’s back.

When they got to school Kai saw Sehun walking he called him, “Sehun!” Sehun turned around and waved at them slowly approaching them. Once Sehun reached them he greeted them both. The three of them walked inside the school. They dropped Yeonae first in her classroom before they left Yeonae called Sehun.

“Sehun oppa...” Yeonae called, Sehun turn around and looked at her, “What is it?”

“I’m going to try out for varsity today,” she smiled at him, Sehun went to her and ruffled her hair smilingly he said, “Then good luck, okay? Oppa will cheer for you.” Yeonae nodded and went inside her classroom.

 

*

“Yeonae!” Sehun called as he went to her, “I see that you’re here.”

“Ne oppa,” Yeonae nodded, “Oppa, I’m nervous!”

Sehun smiled, “Well, don’t be! All you have to do is focus and pass the ball to the other side of the court.”

Yeonae nodded, Sehun held her hands and smiled, “Don’t be nervous, okay? I have to get going now.”

 

“Kim Yoonae, Kim Yoonae,” the coach called, “Please enter the court.”

Yeonae nodded to herself and quickly went inside the court. The coach explained that she needs to score at least 3 points in under 5 minutes. In less than 5 minutes the coach was impressed that she scored more than what she expects her to score. She stopped the game and called her.

“Congratulation,” the coach smiled and shook her hand with hers, “You’re now a varsity of the volleyball.”

“R-Really?” Yeonae asked, shocked and happy. The coach nodded at her and smiled at her reaction.

“Yeonae!” Someone called her. She turned around and saw Sehun and her brother going to her.

“Congrats Yeonae!” Kai smiled and hugged her, he broke the hug.

“Thank you, oppa!” Yeonae smiled

“That was really impressive, Yeonae-ah,” Sehun smiled and hugged her, “Glad to have you in the team!” Yeonae was surprised at first, but finally relaxed and smiled, “Thank you.”

“Yah! Yah!” Kai shouted, “Stop hugging my sister in front of me!” The two of them broke the hug and laughed. Sehun looked at Yeonae and tucked her hair, “Yeonae-ah, there’s practice later.” Yeonae surprised stammered, “N-Ne...”

 

*

The coach went inside the gym clapping her hands, “When I call you go inside the court.” The coach nodded at Sehun signalling him to go inside the court. A lot of whispers and murmurs were heard because Sehun is the volleyball captain. The coach whistled, “Kim Yeonae, enter the court.” Yeonae was surprised and shocked, but quickly went inside the court.

“Oppa,” Yeonae smiled at Sehun, “Don’t go easy on me, okay?”

Sehun smiled and nodded

The coach whistled and the game started. Yeonae smirked and tossed the ball and Sehun easily tossed it back. The game goes on for 5 minutes and the score was still zero. The crowd was amazed at how Yeonae can easily toss the ball to the other side. The coach whistled, “Alright, stop the game!” Yeonae and Sehun stopped, “Come,” the coach signalled them both to come inside. The two of them met and smiled at each other going to the coach.  

“Yeonae-ah,” the coach smiled, looking at her, “I’ve decided that you’ll be the co-captain.” Yeonae was shocked at first Sehun nudged her and hugged her, “Congrats!” “Thank you!” Yeonae smiled and broke off the hug, “Thank you, coach.”

 

One day, Kai invited Sehun to do their homework together Yeonae was thrilled to have him over, so when he got there, she can't help but sneak a peek in Kai's bedroom, where they are doing their homework.

"Hyung," Sehun called

"What is it?" Kai asked

"Why don't you join volleyball varsity?"

Yeonae nodded to herself. That's right, he was the one who taught Sehun how to play, but how come he never joined the varsity?

Kai shrugged, "Hyung's busy." Sehun nodded understandingly.

"Sehun-ah," Kai looked at Sehun, "Tell me honestly, do you like my sister, Yeonae?"

"Of course," Sehun told Kai, "I liked her as my little sister."

Yeonae overheard their conversation she ran to her bedroom and cried.

 

“Yeonae! Come down and eat dinner,” Kai called, “Sehun-ah, can you call Yeonae I think she’s in her room.”

Sehun nodded and went upstairs to Yeonae’s room. He knocked gently and held the doorknob, “I’m coming in.” When he came inside, he saw Yeonae hugging her pillow not acknowledging him.

“Yeonae-ah,” Sehun tapped her, “Come, let’s go eat dinner.”

Yeonae sat up and looked at him. Sehun was surprised to see that her eyes were red and puffy, “Y-Yeonae-ah, d-did you cry?” Yeonae didn’t answer his question, “Oppa..”

Sehun looked at her, “What is it?”

“Oppa, I love you..” Yeonae looked at Sehun straight in the eye

“Y-Yeonae-ah, I-“ Yeonae cut him and hushed him.

“Oppa, I liked you since I first met you 10 years ago..” Yeonae sighed and looked at the ground, “That is why I tried so hard to learn volleyball so that-” Tears escaped her eyes and Sehun cupped her face wiping the tears.

“Listen,” Sehun picked up Yeonae’s hand and place it in his chest

“O-Oppa..”

“Shh,” Sehun looked at her, “Can you feel that?”

Yeonae nodded

“I like you too.. For the first time I saw you..” Sehun continued, “Did you remember that there was one time that I didn’t come and teach you volleyball?”

Yeonae nodded

“It’s because.. I was confused on what I feel for you,” Sehun sighed, “I know it would be weird if I like you because Kai’s my best friend.. But now that you told me that you like me..” Sehun smiled, “Words can’t express how happy I am.”

Sehun came closer to Yeonae and cupped her face, “I love you.”

Yeonae smiled, "I love you too." Sehun smiled, coming closer to her he kissed her tenderly.