ChunsaAngel21 | Waiting On You |

SHINING STAR ✰ | ONE SHOT REQUEST SHOP | FINISHING |

Navigation

Home      |      Staffs        |        Idol List       |        Request List      |     Blacklisted


Title: Waiting On You 
Author: Eksoow 

 

"Cheonsa, come, I'll give you a piggy back ride."

"But oppa, I just ate. I'm heavier than normal." 

"It's okay, come here, yeobo. Come!"

Cheonsa's giggles could be heard from where Sanghyun was standing and he was under the shade of the tree near the riverbank of the Han River. He went out for his usual morning jog around the neighborhood along with some friends, but the sight of Cheonsa being with a very suspicious Henry Lau made him stop in his tracks. 

He placed a hand on the tree trunk as he breathed heavily while looking at the two, laughing and enjoying each other's companies. Sanghyun was lying if he said he wasn't jealous. 

"Hey, why'd you sto-" it was Seungho who stopped beside him, also taking a quick breather before jogging again. Sanghyun ignored him, making Seungho frown. "What're you looking.. oh." Seungho now knew why his friend's face looked so sour. 

"What are they doing?" Sanghyun asked, removing his hand from the surface of the trunk to cross his arms over his chest. He turned to Seungho, thinking that he might know. And he was right, because the next sentence his friend said made his chest tighten. 

"You didn't.. know? They're dating." 

"For how long?"

"Um, thr-three weeks." 

Sanghyun felt like he was dying; like there were these invisible chains around his neck, suffocating him to death. He had to rest his back against the tree to keep himself from the standing as the truth dawned over him. Henry Lau.. Henry Lau and his Kim Cheonsa? No, it could not be true. This cannot be happening to him. 

Seungho sighed, feeling a little bad to be the one who broke the news to him, decided to continue on anyways since Sanghyun already knew. So, what was there to hide really? "He confessed to her, Sanghyun. Henry. He confessed to her. She accepted him. Byunghee was there and he tried to stop him, because we all know how much you love Cheonsa. But Henry... he-he was persistent and Byunghee couldn't do anything more when Cheonsa arrived in the scene. He-"

"Stop, hyung." Sanghyun covered his ears, shutting his eyes closed to drown out the words Seungho was saying to him. "Stop it. Don't talk." Realization hit over him when he finally knew the reason behind Cheonsa's weird behavior these past few days. Whenever he would ask her to hangout, she'd always say she was busy and that she had other plans. Like today, Sanghyun wanted to jog with her, thinking maybe he might have a chance to hit on her but Cheonsa had declined, and it was odd because Cheonsa never says no to Sanghyun.

Not until Henry came into the picture that is. 

"Hey hyungs, why'd you stop?" Sanghyun barely noticed Cheolyong had arrived next to Seungho. "Why-"

"Ssh." Seungho hushed him up with one look. 

Cheolyong raised an eyebrow when he saw Sanghyun already sitting down on the dirt with his back against the tree and his head in his hands. "What's up with him?" he whispered to Seungho.

Seungho nudged the younger by the side and jerked his head to the direction of where Henry and Cheonsa were. Cheolyong frowned and glanced towards a sulken Sanghyun, realizing what made him frown. "I told him he should've done it. I told him to man up and confess to her. Sanghyun didn't listen, he never listens. Now look, Cheonsa's with someone else."

"Yah." Seungho purposely slaps Cheolyong behind the head, glaring at him. Cheolyong lets out a yelp before rubbing his head, but Seungho continues to glare. "Don't talk like that, Yong. It's not easy to confess to someone who happens to be your best friend. He and Cheonsa had been friends ever since they were in middle school. And, what if the friendship is gone after she rejects you or breaks up with you? You know what I mean? Sanghyun didn't want to risk that." 

"Well, Henry obviously did. At least he's a lot manlier than Sang-ouch!" 

"Stop it." Seungho rolled his eyes. "Come on, Sanghyun, let's just go home now." 

Sanghyun didn't want to eat, he didn't want to sleep, he didn't want to watch TV, he didn't want to answer his sister's calls or his friend's calls, he didn't want to go outside, he didn't want to lay in bed all day, he didn't even want to live. 

His world, his entire world revolved around Cheonsa and only around Cheonsa. Now that she was another person's world, his own crumbled before his eyes. He saw no reason for living anymore now that Cheonsa, his one and only, was gone from his fingertips just like that. 

He regretted not listening to the members, he regretted it very much. Now he couldn't do anything about it since Cheonsa looked happy with Henry, and Sanghyun was jealous to the bones every time she smiles, knowing that he wasn't the reason behind it.

He hated himself for the next few weeks because of how much of a coward he really was. He hated himself, he hated himself very much, he hated that no-good Henry brat who stole his girl.

But Sanghyun only gets even more depressed when he realizes Cheonsa was never really his in the first place. And now, she might never be. 

Nowadays, Sanghyun only waits for Cheonsa and Henry to finally break up but he doubts it will happen since he had never seen Cheonsa so happy. 

"Sanghyun-ah,"

"Hm?"

"Where are-oh, never mind. I know you're at home. Come on and play some basketball with us. You need to get up and exercise, man. It's spring break for Pete's sake!" Byunghee said from the other line. 

"Hmm." 

"Is that a yes?"

"Hmm."

"So you'll come?"

"Hmm."

"Great! Meet us at the park near Gangnam, okay? We're at the court. Bye!" 

"Hm-wait, hyung, wait!" 

Byunghee ended the call and Sanghyun was left with no other choice but to go. He really did need the exercise anyway and he felt like he was wasting his life by just staying in the house all day and reading heartbreaking stories and fanfictions online. 

When he reached the park Byunghee was talking about, Sanghyun frowned and his shoulders slumped forward when he stood outside the entrance. It was the same park where he had met Cheonsa and the thought of her made him frown even more. She must be with Henry now, as usual, he thought bitterly to himself when he entered. 

Looking around, he noticed that the park hadn't changed a bit. Sure the flowers were in full bloom and the grasses were greener than last time, but besides those, nothing really changed. At the right, there were these stone benches and he remembered the times wherein he and Cheonsa would eat lunch there sometimes since their middle school was near the area. Then to his left, there was the playground and the same swings that they loved to ride on were still there, getting rustier by the day. In front of him was the very same path he walked with Cheonsa a few years back when they first met in this park. 

He could hear the laughter in his head; laughter that Cheonsa emitted every time Sanghyun would carry her on his back or over his shoulder. He used to like carrying her, but now he couldn't even do that, he couldn't even go near her these days and he hasn't even seen her in a while. She was too busy making new memories with her new boyfriend. 

The thought sends Sanghyun groaning. "Stupid," he hit his head lightly. "Stop thinking about-"

His eyes caught sight of a familiar figure sitting on a bench, under the shade of a tree a few feet away from him. He thought it was just another ordinary person there, but when he took a few steps closer; he realized that it was his Cheonsa. 

And she was crying.

Her shoulders were going up and down as she covered her face with both of her hands. She was shaking her head too and Sanghyun knew better to think that she was laughing. 

It didn't take him very long to realize all this because a second later, he's kneeling in front of her with a huge frown on his face. What could make his angel cry on a beautiful day like this? "Cheonsa," he whispers her name, and it was enough for her to look up at him and wrap her arms around his neck, crying out his name.

"Sanghyun! Sanghyun! Oh, Sanghyun-ah!" 

Sanghyun manages to stand up with her arms still tightly wrapped around his neck, and she, sobbing on his shirt. He looks around the park and notices that they had earned a few stares from the children by the playground. Sanghyun sighs, turning his attention back to Cheonsa. It had been so long since she had last held onto him like now. "Cheonsa, what's wrong? Why is my-umm, why are you crying?" he refrains himself just in time he could say 'my angel'. 

"It's... oh, Sanghyun! It's Henry!" she wails, sobbing into his shirt even more.

Sanghyun feels the anger rising inside him, and his hold on her tightens. "What did he do?" he asks through gritted teeth. "What did that.. that..that bastard do to you, Cheonsa? Did he-"

Cheonsa sits back down on the bench, wiping her eyes with both of her hands as she tries to calm herself down and Sanghyun has to kneel back down to hear when she starts to speak. "He's-he's changed, Sanghyun. He's become so overprotective and mean that-that I don't think he's-he's the one I fell in love anymore. He's become such a jerk and I don't even know why and just right now, he told me he didn't want to be with me anymore just because I ! He doesn't even listen to me and my problems. Sanghyun-ah, Henry's changed for the worst, and I don't like it!" she buries her face in her hands again, her shoulders moving up and down as she cried. 

Sanghyun's heart breaks as he watches her cry in front of him and out of instinct, he brings her to his arms for a hug. "Sshh, it's okay Cheonsa. Sanghyun's here. I'm here." he pats her back as her tears roll down her cheek and onto his shirt. 

Cheonsa nuzzles up in the crook of his neck, still crying and upset. 

Sanghyun must've been out of his mind when he thought that that was the right time to confess to her then. "Cheonsa... you know... I like you." it came out, weak and low but Cheonsa heard it. She undeniably heard it.

Because it was then that she looked up at him, tears still in her eyes as she tries to register what he had said. Sanghyun sighs, before taking a step back, and his arms go limp by his side. He couldn't even look at her right then. "It's true, really, I-I like you. For a long time now too." 

Cheonsa was quiet, and so was Sanghyun. Neither of them spoke and during the silence, Sanghyun's heart was beating wildly in his chest, waiting for what she would say. When he glances up at her, she wasn't even looking at him too. It made him worry even more.

Stupid, stupid, Sanghyun! Gosh, you should've just held it in and now you ruined everything because of-

"For how long?" 

Sanghyun looks up, scrunching his eyebrows to indicate his confusion over her question. "How long have you liked me?" Cheonsa repeats. 

Sanghyun pauses to think about. "Umm... four, five years?" he says hesitantly. 

"Oh, Sanghyunnie," to his surprise, Cheonsa wraps her arms around him tightly and he almost falls over. His eyes widen, but his arms secure her tightly in his hold nonetheless. She burries her face in the crook of his neck again and mumbles something that Sanhyun didn't quite get. But he later realized she was apologizing to him. 

"Yah," Sanghyun lifts her head up and looks her in the eyes. A small smile appears on his face despite how awful Cheonsa must be feeling. "It's okay. I don't think it was like anymore really, I think it was love, Cheonsa. I'm sorry I had to tell you that I love you this way.. I-I really am. You don't have to apologize. I mean, it's okay, there are tons of boys there that like you too and-"

He's cut off by Cheonsa placing her lips on his. It was only a peck, a short peck, it didn't even last two seconds long. Yet, in that heart-stopping second, Sanghyun could feel himself flying to the top of the world. His face flushed and his ears turned red as he smiles shyly at her. "Whe-when?" 

"I've always loved you too. I mean," Cheonsa bites down on her lip as she looks down, apparently embarrassed. "I really liked Henry, yet my heart was always leaning on to you... I was just too shy to confess because I thought you liked someone else. You were always looking at Jiyeon and always talking to Hyuna, so, I-umm, I-"

"Hey," Sanghyun lifts her chin up using his forefinger and without hesitation, plants his lips on her's and this kiss lasted longer, this kiss made him feel even stronger and he could feel himself going up higher. 

And they just stood there, kissing each other as the sun's rays beam down on them like a spotlight. Sanghyun will forever remember this day.