Chapter 9

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Guess what? An update for you guys! Thank you so much for the feedbacks and the upvotes and for sticking up with this fic. I really love reading your comments :) it always motivates me to write more!  

 

Some of you thought I'm abandoning this fic, cause it takes me too long to update,  but just to let you know I'm not abandoning this fic or any of my fics, so no need to worry :)) 

I'll leave this chapter to you guys. I hope you'll like it :) 

        

 

 

Jinyoung was curled under the duvet, eyes tightly close as he feels the other side of the bed sagged. He embraced himself, praying all the gods to let him disappear even just for this moment, cause he just couldn't face Mark after what he had witnessed. 

 

" I thought, you already asked me about that thing, have you forgotten? " The last words was supposed to be a question, but it didn't sound like it with the almost mocking tone the vampire used. 

 

Jinyoung heard a chuckle from the vampire before the slight teasing tone, once again ring in his ears and he bites his lips and mentally kick himself for being an idiot. Of course he hadn't forget about that. He knew the vampire's ability to read mind. He needed to make an excuse at that moment and that's all he could think of, thanks to his over productive mind.

 

" I can read minds, yes! " The vampire speak again. " But, you're lucky cause I don't read minds, unfortunately for me. Because seeing you acting this way, hiding under the cover makes me really curious about what you were thinking while ago. At the same time you make me wonder if I should start doing the mind reading, preferably yours, should I? "

 

 

" No don't! " Jinyoung instantly snap. He threw the cover off his body, looking with wide eyes at the vampire who was sitted on the edge of the bed. He heard the vampire chuckle again. 

 

" You are cute " He blushed at the complement.  

 

" Are you sure you don't read minds? " He ask skeptically looking at the vampire.

 

" No. " The vampire affirmed. " Why? do you want me to? " 

 

 

" No.. I'm just making sure! " He says getting his composure back as he swallow the thickness in his throat. 

 

" I see. What were you thinking anyway?"

 

" Why are you asking? "  

 

" I'm curious. I want to know what you were thinking that made you roll all over the bed like those cute cats I watched in the TV. Not to mention made you all jumpy, flustered and even hide under that cover when you saw me " The vampire pointed a finger on the cover

 

" I wasn't thinking of anything in particular. I was just.. well uhm.. I was actually thinking about Jackson and his funny antics that's why I'm rolling all over the bed cause he's hellarious as hell!" He doesn't know what he's blabbering anymore, why he brought Jackson's name? He has no idea. But it seems a good thing to mention the latter's name cause the vampire suddenly stop asking.

 

 

" Uhm.. did you came here alone? " He ask clearing his throat in the process, before the other's sudden quietness drown the both of them. The vampire nods his head and stared at him. Jinyoung swallowed his saliva that seems stuck in his throat. He looks away.

 

seconds, minutes past. They stayed in the same position. Jinyoung can feel the vampire's eyes on him and it was getting more intense as seconds past. He fiddle with his fingers feeling the pressure of the stare against his skin, slightly burning. He wonders what was the vampire's thinking. Oh no.. was he..

 

" Don't read my mind " 

 

" I'm not " 

 

**** 

 

Without anything else to do, Jinyoung decided to leave his apartment to buy some groceries to fill his almost empty fridge.

 

The vampire follow behind and soon reach for Jinyoung's hand to entwined their fingers, much to Jinyoung's surprised. It startled him, but didn't complain at the contact. The touch was very different. There's something about it that made it different from the feeling he gets whenever he initiate a skinship with the vampire. It's weird, but still gives him an electric shock and a warm feeling as soon as each fingers slip through the gaps his fingers. It's new and strange, but he doesn't hate it. 

 Not when the tension earlier was long forgotten after the vampire's first attempt to be funny. 

 

 

Jinyoung look at their entwined fingers and to the owner of those long thin fingers that complete his. It fits perfectly. The sight made his heart skip a beat and his cheeks feels like it was hit by the sunlight. 

 

He wants to pull away, but at the same time he doesn't want to. Therefore, instead of pulling his hand out of the vampire's grasped, he holds onto it like he doesn't want to let go.

 

 

The vampire probably feel the simple gesture and looks at him. Jinyoung, felt his breathing stop for a moment. That look, it's totally different. If it was only those usual look he always give to him, Jinyoung's sure, his heart won't beat like crazy in his chest, but it wasn't just simple look from Mark. His look was warm and he have one of those smile that Jinyoung never expected to see. It brighten his whole face and probably his whole feature. His skin is pale, but alive.

Jinyoung wonder how can a cold creature with no beating heart give such warm vibe? 

 

 

Way back to the apartment was cold. At least that's what Jinyoung felt as he was now holding bags of groceries instead of Mark's hand. He's missing the feeling of Mark's hand holding his. He pout as he look at the vampire's hand that was now occupied with bags of groceries. He glared at those bags, suddenly questioning himself why he bought them, in the first place.

 

" What? " The vampire asked, noticing the boy's sullen face.

 

" It's cold " He pouts. The vampire only look at him oblivious " My hand's cold " He almost whine. 

 

The vampire chuckled as he gets the point. He, suddenly took all the bags from Jinyoung. 

 

" You know, it's chilly outside, why you didn't put your gloves on? " Mark frowns " Put it in my pocket " He says, eventually. Jinyoung shook his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter