chapter 12

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There were times, Jinyoung seemed to forget how to speak, but not this long with his heart racing miles away, eyes wide with astonishment as his words stucked in his throat as though refusing to leave his mouth.

 

" What?   What are you saying?   " He manage to ask after the words being caught in his throat and finally leaving his lips. Look of shocked still written all over his face. 

 

" I'm asking you out.  Isn't't that how you supposed to ask someone you want to be with? "

 

" On a date? " 

 

" Is that what you call it when two people go out together?  " Though he was still shocked, Jinyoung couldn't help but to laugh as how the vampire's uncertainty rings in his words. Uncertain as what to say either, Jinyoung just settled with a simple and low 

 

"  Yeah.. "  deciding to be straight forward and asked  "  Why all of a sudden you're asking me out on a date?"

 

" Uh.. I don't know. Isn't that how you do  when you like someone? Asking them out? " The vampire spit another question, shrugging nonchalantly and putting Jinyoung into more shocking situation that he couldn't probably recover, at least not at the moment.

 

" You like me? " The human asked incredulously " Hyung do you even know what you're saying? " He laugh 

 

" hmm.. I do! "

 

 

Jinyoung stared at the vampire with incredulous eyes not believing  the vampire's words even  a little bit. Does he even know what it feels to like someone. He doubt it. 

 

" Hyung. . Do you  know what you were saying? .. Do you even know how it feels to like someone " His words seemed to hit the vampire hard, causing him to shut his mouth as he stared at the human. Something's flickering in his eyes. Jinyoung noticed the shocked look on the vampire's face, before it falters into something like disappointment and hurt.  He then realize what he had said and the sudden silent from the vampire tells him that it was indeed  not a good idea to say those words.  

 

 

*** 

 

Jinyoung secretly glancing at Mark every now and then whilst Mark seems to having a serious talk with Wooyoung. The vampire was wearing an unusual deep frown on his face and Wooyoung frequently giving him a  pat and a comforting smile as though it was something the vampire needs.

 

 Jinyoung wanted to know what they were talking but he's far from them and his hearing wasn't as sharp as the vampire.  Besides,   he didn't want to seem like he was eavesdropping or anything. Therefore,  he stayed sitted on the couch fiddling with his fingers, wearily.  

 

He'd caught the vampire looking at him once in a while and he desperately wants to held the vampire's eyes longer. Unfortunately for him though,  the vampire was quick to avoid his eyes and it stings Jinyoung’s heart. He was used to the vampire looking at him, staring at him even or follow him everywhere and everytime he goes out, but when Jinyoung decided to have a walk to take a fresh breath of air,  the vampire didn't follow him. He just felt those eyes following him as he closed the door. 

 

As the night fall, the silence continued and got thicker. Jinyoung felt like he was deaf since no one bothers to talk there were just exchange of secret glances and other than that it was all silence.  Jinyoung tries to strike a conversation only to utter nothing. He didn't know what to say. Because, he knew somehow that it was his fault and that the vampire's current behavior has something to do with what happened earlier that day. But Jinyoung couldn't find something to do other than keeping his mouth shut as well.

 

It was when he got a call from Jackson. He felt relief.   The vampire sense it. But Jinyoung didn’t bother to lower his voice, completely ignoring the vampire even though, he knew the vampire could hear him clear from his place. In other situations, hewould have been cautious about it, but right now he  didn't care.  He needs to talk to someone right at the moment and thank god Jackson saved him from physically suffocating himself.

 

 

 When he looks up the vampire was staring at him,  but this time he was the one to avoid those  eyes.

 

 " Alright. I'll be there in 10. " and he hang up the phone. Jackson called him to ask if he wants to go bowling and Jinyoung didn't hesitate to say yes because he think he needs it.  The silence in the house suffocates him so he might take a break from the tension all over the place. He needs to clear his messy mind. 

 

" Hyung,  I'm going out for a while with Jackson " and without asking if the vampire wants to come along, he retreats to his room to change, no idea what that action inflicted to the vampire who stayed quiet as he send him off with his eyes. 

 

Even after going out with Jackson,  Jinyoung was still bothered.  He couldn't stop thinking about the vampire so he decided to head home after an hour.  He wants to speak to the vampire and maybe apologise if he ever did something wrong to put them into such  situation. When he got to his door, there were three men who greeted him. 

 

Jinyoung recognized them.The three asked him if he notice some stranger lurking around the neighbourhood coz according to their neighbours they've seen some strangers going around and they were specific that they saw one of them with Jinyoung.

 

" I'm sorry, but I didn't noticed anyone. They probably talking about my classmates who come frequently in my apartment " He said passively not giving them a way to read him like an open book. It was obvious they were looking for Mark. They were the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter