chapter 13

Full Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinyoung's  cloudy head was raining with  thoughts. Every single drop's collided to mess his mind. He tried to comprehend all those things and ended  with one particular thought that consumed him, completely. 

 

  Out of all those thoughts that had jumbled in  his mind,  there's only one thing, he couldn't stop thinking about. He couldn't seem to  get it out of out of his system even after trying hard to think of something else. Somehow,  time always led him back to that particular thought.

 

 Wooyoung didn't say much after their talk, but what   he said lingered in Jinyoung's mind like it was a part of his brain. It wasn't exactly what he was  hoping to hear, but it was just as important.   He would be a big lier if he say he wasn't happy after hearing that little information. Because,  Obviously, it set a new glimmer of hope in him.  

 

The thought about the vampire never left his head. Hence, the longing was constantly growing like an open wound in his chest,  it stung a little more. 

 

At first, he blamed himself for what happened. But he figured out that now is  not the right time for that and put it aside as all his senses was boosted upon realizing there's still a chance. 

 

The mere  thought of the vampire still coming for him eased him a tad bit. All the pessimistic thoughts were thrown out of the window as he tried to be more positive at this matter. He avoided every negative thoughts that  wouldn't bring him any good coz that is the best way he could do to bear with all this s he's feeling inside.   

 

He's dumb. He knew that. He did a terrible mistake, but he regretted it in all honesty.  Back then, he wasn't really thinking about his words and action  that led them into this misunderstanding.   

 

Though no matter how Jinyoung tried to stay positive, his worries grow each  time past. Anxiety slowly took  over him as he once again, fed himself with never ending possibilities. Good and bad ones,  all accumulated, wrecking his head so badly.  Bad ones seemed to be more stronger as it started   to bite him again. Because, despite of the fact that the vampire still comes at night,  Jinyoung wasn't sure if he'll get a chance to see him again. Will he get another chance? 

 

 He was almost swallowed by these gloomy thoughts.  But then he saw the light.  He remembered someone once told him  that

 

 

When you want something,   there's  always a way to get it. 

 

  Jinyoung   will find a way to get the vampire back. No matter what happened.

 

 

He pondered of ways to approach Mark. Only   to  find himself tossing and turning on his bed, determined to  wait for the vampire. Since, Wooyoung assured him about the vampire's visits, he's expecting the vampire to come.  

 

Jinyoung did  his best to stay awake. 

 

 

 Unfortunately,  the vampire didn't show up that night and the next one and the next one.

 

So after his failed attempts to catch the vampire,  Jinyoung thought  staying up till dawn was vain.

 

Sad to say, all his effort ended up wasted.   The vampire didn't come.  

 Perhaps he did. He just didn't let the human boy see him. 

Either way, Jinyoung's disappointment was  something he didn't know how to cope with. 

 

  His head was blank and his brain doesn't function well.  The worst part was  his emotions were  getting out of hand and he didn't know what to do. Because, suddenly everything's seemed so hard to understand.

 

Jinyoung wasn't a person to complain. 

Complaining was one thing he hated.  However,  life got him bad and he found himself whining like a little kid after taking a glimpse of himself in the mirror.

 

He saw the worst version of himself in the reflection. The evidence of sleepless night and restless thoughts was clear.

 

After his efforts,  the only consolation he's got was panda eyes that were staring back at him, reminding him of sleepless nights and his struggles just to see the vampire. 

 

Mark is  unfair, he thought. Why he's doing this to him? Why  he's making everything hard to handle? Was he punishing Jinyoung? Because if that's the case, Jinyoung wants to beg him to stop. He didn't think he  could endure more. 

 

 

 " How would he show up if you're awake? " Wooyoung mused as Jinyoung let out  another episode of  whining. He noted that it wasn't easy to deal with a whining kid while chopping onions.  Because at some point he kept forgeting he was actually cutting onions into small pieces and  it stung his eyes like a . 

 

If only human  has the same effect as onions    to other human beings or in his case to vampires, Maybe Nichkhun would think twice before cutting his heart just like that. 

 

Wooyoung knows he should stop cutting onions so it won't stung his eyes more,  but he resumed to  chop it  like how he continued to love Nichkhun despite of knowing the consequences.  If only he stopped and  didn't took a chance, he wouldn't be suffering right now. 

 

He kept  chopping the onions despite of it being done. That way, he could easily   pretend that the tears in his eyes was caused by his current task  and not a particular memory of the vampire he dearly loved. 

 

" But hyung, I need to stay awake! How would I be able to see him if I'm sleeping? " The younger grumbled. He looked at the older's  red eyes but he didn't give a comment  thinking it's the onion.

 

"You're mostly aware that he didn't want you to see him, the fact that he was avoiding you, right? " Wooyoung softly asked, eyes now fixed on Jinyoung who gave him  a light nod and a childish pout. "  Then what makes you  think,   he'll show up whilst you're awake? Jinyoung-ah, I'm not saying you have to sleep like literally, but maybe you need  to be discreet about your intention! " 

 

 

It was 10 pm when Jinyoung finished typing on his laptop, shutting it off after saving his work. He  can now  feel the forming fatigue in his body after typing a story for two hours, the habit that  he had been neglecting ever since he met the vampire. Masseging the sore muscles of the back of his neck, he stretches and climbs on the bed  and lay with his back flat on the mattress.

 

 He spent an hour staring blankly at the ceiling. It felt like it became a habit to him to stare at blank space these past couple of days. Because everything he felt could only simplified as blank and plain.

 

 His eyes slowly closed  as he let out a huge yawn. He  stay still  on that position for a while and without difficulties  he sluggishly   covered himself with the cover to make it look like  he's already on the edge of dreamland. Ready to fall. 

 

 

He didn't know if he fell asleep or he just blocked out. Maybe it was both. He only  came back to his senses when he  felt someone's watching him. 

 

Alert at the feeling under that eyes.  Instantly, he  knew who exactly was watching him. There's only one person who can bring him this kind of goosebumps that creeps in his soul by just looking at him.  All of a sudden, his heart's  thumping hard. It was frantic and uncontrollable. Kind of threatening to burst out of his chest. But Jin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter