9. COMING TO LIGHT

2NEXO- ALL OR NOTHING

9. COMING TO LIGHT

 

Lay and Minzy came bursting through the door which brought shock to DO and HI who were going down the stairs to cook some food.

 

“Hyung! You made it!” DO stated happily as he hugged Lay and nodded towards Minzy.

 

“Lay hyung, Senior Minzy, this is HI… she owns this house. The others are up at the room, we’re cooking dinner!” DO said motioning for the two to head on up.

 

Lay and Minzy nodded and headed up without another word.

 

“HI, don’t be afraid… you’re not gonna hurt me, see?”’ DO showed HI that he covered himself with thin shield made from a hard rock material to avoid being scratched by her thorns.

 

“It’s not that… I am afraid of what is to come DO!” HI stated as DO hugged her and comfort her.

 

“Let’s take it one step at a time… by cooking dinner for everyone… you don’t want Xiumin hyung when he is hungry… he gets grumpy!” DO jested which brought a smile to HI’s face.

 

O===========o===========o

 

Bom and Dara’s group were still in search of  a place to stay.

 

“I am hungry!” Tao and Kai chorused as they continued to walk on foot searching for a place to stay for the night.

 

Luhan and Kai heard a rustling sound and everyone was at attention to whatever it could be.

 

Dara summoned out her bow to prepare for a fight, the creature was slowly closing in on them and anticipation was building up. Everybody was bracing themselves for a fight.

 

Then by the bushes emerged a huge wild boar ready to lunge at Kris who was standing next to the bush.

 

Dara didn’t hesitate as she shot it and was just a hair’s breath away from Kris’ cheek.

 

 

“There! Dinner!” Dara uttered patting herself in the back as Kris was left standing there stunned at what had just happened.

 

“Yah! Baekhyun-ah and Luhan you will cook this!” Bom pointed at the boar lying on the ground as she stepped on it and stepped on its head, crushing it in the process.

 

“We’ll gather some wood for fire.” Kai volunteered as he gathered Tao and Kris to tag along with him.

 

“What are you gonna do?” Baekhyun asked looking at Bom who was ridding her boots off of some remains of the boar.

 

“Hmph! Mind your own business!” Bom flipped her hair and joined Dara who was summoning the earth to build something.

 

“Need help?” BOm asked as she let out her water power and joined it together with Dara’s earth to create a cave-like sanctuary for them to stay for the night.

 

“I need to make this a bit big… Kris wouldn’t fit in it!” Dara uttered placing a finger on her chin looking at her creation

 

“Yeah… I think you need to do that, those guys are giants… we are hobbits compared to them!” Bom whispered to Dara, making the latter laugh.

 

BAekhyun and Luhan could only gawk at the creation they made, no wonder they were Senior Officers, they have already mastered creation aside from offense and defense of their powers.

 

They set up the fire and was already roasting the boar, all of them were gathered around the fire.

 

“I do hope the others are okay.” Kai sighed out of concern

 

“Our powers seem to be limited here.” Luhan pointed out as he played with the rock he has levitated trying to pulverize it in mid air

 

“Yah, watch it! I don’t want dust particles on my food!” Bom exclaimed with her arms crossed.

 

“What concerns me the most are the presence of different species of aliens in this island.” Dara stated in a serious tone staring into the fire.

 

“Haver you encountered those types of aliens while you were in outer space?” Kris asked, Dara shook her head.

 

“As far as we know, there are 2 types of aliens… the insects and the predators… I hope there aren’t any more types…” Baekhyun added.

 

“What the heck is happening here in this island!?” Luhan wondered aloud

 

“I’m sure the council is already looking for us, we haven’t reported out progress!” Tao pointed out.

 

“They might be… but they will have a hard time locating us, we are off the grid!” Dara exclaimed

 

“Off the grid? This island appeared in our sonar and satellite, so the council will know where we are… how can we be off the grid?” Kris asked

 

“The only way to track down the 5th element, is search the grid for a space that becomes invisible in our sonar, Minzy saw it just for a second right before we hit a barrier and then we disappeared from the grid!” Bom explained carefully looking at everyone’s shocked expression.

 

“They know we are missing, they just don’t know where to start looking!” Dara added while massaging her temple.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Kris noticed Dara’s discomfort

 

“Yeah, I will be fine… I need some air!” Dara stood up abruptly and walked away.

 

“Go and follow her, please!” Bom nodded, looking worriedly at the direction Dara took off to.

 

Kris followed suit.

 

“Why don’t you go after your friend?” Baekhyun asked

 

“Heh! And be at the receiving end of her outburst? Never again! The first and last time I did that, I ended up in the infirmary for 2 weeks! So… no thanks!” Bom raised her hands in surrender as the rest were in such a shock for Kris’ fate.

 

Dara walked until she reached a clearing, a deserted place, barren and dry. That’s when she shouted and screamed out loud, she landed on all four crying letting it all out.

 

Her fear, inhibitions, anxiety and feeling of uncertainty.

 

When she finally got a grip of herself, she stood up and was letting out lightning surges from her fingers as surrounding rocks levitated around her and the ground she was on began to shake.

 

Kris was worried that Dara’s sudden outburst might attract some aliens and it did… up in the air… he saw aliens with wings circling Dara, as if they were vultures around their prey.

 

One the of aliens was already diving down to get a grab on Dara as Kris took off in flight and used his strength to hit the winged alien, he saw another one coming as he directed his dragon’s breath towards it and burnt it to a crisp.

 

“Dara! Dara!” Kris shouted as he dove down to sweep her out of the deserted land.

 

“Omo!” that was all Dara uttered as she was surprised as she let out a strike of lightning that barely missed Kris’ towering stature.

 

“Is that your form of gratitude for saving you?” Kris stated as he told her to go back to the others.