FIRST MISSION: SUCCESS

MASK

"Today, we will be doing tableaus," said my drama teacher.

Behind me, I heard someone sigh. "Not again," they groaned. I ignored them.

"Okay class, gather into groups of three," my teacher said, making the class look like they wanted to slap my teacher.

Krystal had three friends with her. Maybe, just maybe, she'll agree to be my partner.

I glanced hopefully in her direction. Nope. She was in a group with her friends. The fourth friend had joined a different group.

"Hey, do you want to be in our group?" I heard two voices call out from another direction.

I turned around. There was a boy and a girl.

"Uh... Sure," I said, glad that I was able to find a group.

The girl glanced in the direction I was staring at.

"Were you looking at Krystal? I agree, she's a total piece of eye candy, but she's way out of your league," she said, siding closer to me.

The boy looked at me with amusement.

"So what are your names?" I asked.

"I'm Luna, and he's Chen, my boyfriend. We both specialize in vocals, but somehow, we are in drama class."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Se-- um, I mean, my name is Semin." I decided that keeping my real name a secret, would be a good idea.

"Cool. Let's do this tableau thing."

Time passed. I snuck a couple of glances at Krystal while we were doing tableaus. A couple of times, she caught me staring. 

Finally, the music changed again. 

"Okay class. That's all. Now go eat lunch," announced the teacher.

Luna and Chen asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with them. Should I?

"You seem so lonely," said Luna, trying to convince me.

"No thanks. I want to know if Krystal wants to eat lunch with me." Yeah....I should try and get close to her.

"Aw.... That's so cute! But you're welcome to join us anytime," she replied. 

I grabbed my bag and went after Krystal. Her friends were not with her.

"Hey, Krystal?" I said, catching my breath.

She turned around.

"Oh, hi!" she exclaimed, "Semin, right?"

"Uhm.....Yeah. I'm just wondering if you want to eat lunch with me?"

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes. I thought in my head, as I waited for her to answer.

"Um... Alright. Just give me a moment to text my friends." Yes!!!!! I thought in my head, trying to hide my smile.

She turned around for a while, then turned back to me.

"Okay, so where do you want to go?" she asked.

"Funny, I was about to ask the same thing..." 

"Oh right! I forgot that you're new at this school. Let's go to the courtyard. There's usually not that many people there." 

She led me through hallways to the courtyard. Then we went to a secluded bench. We sat down and pulled out our lunches.

"So... how long have you been studying at this academy?" I asked, trying to break the silence.

"I think I've been here for at least three years."

"What do you specialize in?"

"Singing and acting. It's really fun. What about you?"

Truthfully, I don't specialize in anything. Maybe except killing.

"I'd say dancing, but I'm into singing too." 

I'm half lying. But the people who have heard me sing say that I'm exceptionally good, so I guess it counts. 

"Really? If we're in Vocals class together, then we should do a duet or something," she said, laughing.

"Sure," I said, a smile playing on my lips, "Do you mind if we... become friends?" I asked.

"Well... Alright. Let's be friends," she said, blushing a little.

"This is a really nice place," I said, gesturing around the courtyard.

"Yeah," she said, letting some hair fall onto her face. 

"Oh, um... your hair..." I stuttered, reaching out to brush the hair back.

Our hands met for a millisecond. I quickly withdrew my hand.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

"It... It's okay. I have to go now," she said, grabbing her stuff, "See you around."

"Bye...?"

Mission number one complete. Become her friend.