REBORN...AS AN ASSASSIN

MASK

I woke up to Kai shaking me.

"WAKE UP!!" he shouted.

"Whoa... You can stop shaking me!" I yelled.

"Oh. Sorry. It looks like you're graduating after breakfast. Soohyuk's here to pick you up..."

No. I won't go. I don't want to.

"Don't I have to finish my training?"

"Soohyuk doesn't care about your training anymore... He just wants a trained killing machine."

Kai looked weary, like someone who hasn't slept in a long time. I forced a grin.

"Well, looks like this is it," I said.

"Not yet, you still have to eat breakfast. Master's orders," he replied, sticking out his toungue.

"Okay. But I have to brush my teeth first."

"See ya in the dining room."

------------------------------------------

I arrived in the dining room. Master, Kai, and Soohyuk were eating. The only empty seat left was beside Soohyuk. The rest had stacks of books and other things on them. I hesitantly sat on the vacant seat.

"Hey Sehun. How was training?" asked Soohyuk.

"Good," I replied, and stuffed my mouth with food to avoid answering further questions.

We ate silently again. Finally, the time came to say goodbye. I shook Master and Kai's hand.

"You were an excellent pupil, Sehun," said the old man.

"Here's my number. If anything interesting happens, text me or give me a call!" exclaimed Kai, giving me a scrap of paper.

"Sure..." I didn't know he had a phone...

"Sehun, let's get outa this dump," said Soohyuk.

We left the building. There was a car waiting for us outside. Soohyuk didn't get in. I waited for his instructions.

"Sehun, this is your first target."

He hands me a picture of a girl. At a quick glance, I could see that she's very beautiful. I felt my cheeks heating up, so I quickly pocketed it before Soohyuk noticed my reaction.

"Her name's Krystal. Daughter of some absurdly rich couple. All you have to do is kill her. I think you've got some basic knowledge of killing. Now is the time to put your 'wisdom' into some use."

"No."

"What did you say?" He narrowed his eyes.

"I can't do this. It's a life that I'm being paid to take! What if I get caught or killed instead!?"

Soohyuk smiled.

"Thinking about the more practical things of being an assassin, right? I knew you'd be perfect for the job. Okay, so if you get caught, killed, or whatever, I'll send someone to bust you out of whatever situation you're in."

"You'd really do that?"

"Anything for an uncle to be."

"Uncle... Wait, what?!"

"Heh.. Time for you to go. I'm giving you a limit of nine months. The quicker you kill her, the better. I don't care what it takes, as long as you stay discrete. After all, someone has to die..."

Our agreement. It's either Krystal or Sulli.

"I-- I'll do it," I stammered.

"One more thing. Keep your emotions to yourself."

I gave him a brisk nod. He walked over to the car, and opened the back door.

"Get in. There's a suitcase full of your stuff and a few extra tools. There's also a cell phone. I'll be calling if there's something else I have to tell you. I'll come get you when your time limit's over. Remember, someone will die within these nine months, and you're responsible for the death."

I went into the car. At my feet, I saw the said suitcase. Soohyuk closed the door, and the driver started driving. I did not wave nor look back. A new life seemed to have started for me. One as an assassin.