MEMORIES OF MURDERS

MASK

We went back to the training room. Kai went in first, then motioned to me to go in. 
"I'm not sure whether or not the robot's still active or not, so stay ad quiet as you can," he whispered.  I nodded. 
We tiptoed around, looking for the old man. No matter where we looked, we couldn't find him. Finally, Kai spoke up. 
"I'm going to yell, okay? There's a pretty good chance that the robot's disabled by now."


"Sure," I replied, feeling a bit nervous. 


"Here goes nothing... HEY!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?" I heard a deep voice behind me. 


"Of course I can." Kai and I jumped. The old man was behind me, with the robot in tow. The old man chuckled in amusement.  


"This robot was destroying my training room," he said. 


"Sorry," I apologised, feeling mildly sheepish. 


"It's all right. As for now, I think you should try the weapons station. There aren't any killer robots roaming around anymore, so everything should be fine."


"Sure. Where is it?" I asked, looking around.


"Behind you, to your left." To my left was a room and I was guessing that was what I was looking for. As I started making my way to the weapons station, he added, "Kai, help him learn. I'm going to fix up the destroyed part of the training room. After a while, go fix yourselves some dinner. I'll give you further instructions as you eat."

"Yes sir!" exclaimed Kai, and we went together to the weapons. The next few hours went by pretty quickly. I spent all the time trying out weapons and seeing how they all worked. It was all cool. Never had I ever felt so powerful. I was the best at using close combat tools. My whole body was shaking in exhaustion by the time we were finished.  

"You're really good, for the first time," commented Kai.  

"Thanks." I said, feeling a bit embarassed.

"I guess we should go eat dinner now." he said, smiling. 

"Sure." I smiled back. We went to a kitchen, and Kai cooked us some food. We ate in silence.  

"So... I guess your time here with us is almost over, huh...," said Kai, in an attempt to break the silence.  

"Yeah..." 

"Then you'll be an assassin..." 

"Yeah..." 

"Before I become one, too," he laughed.  

"Yeah..." I can't think of anything to say...   

"You don't really want to do this, right?" He asked, catching me off guard.   

"I can't help it. The job's for my sister. When she gets better, I'm going to quit. Forget about ever being in the killing industry." I said, trying to stay calm.   

"You can't." He said, catching my attention.

"Huh?" I asked curiously

"Once you kill someone, the memory of their death plagues you. They'll never escape your mind. Like my friends," he smiled sadly.  

"You... killed your friends?" I asked, surprised. 

"Training. But it was an accident. They were also my first kills. Since then, I've been feeling... bad." I can't believe him. He can smile about the deaths of his friends, who he killed. I would never... Would I? If Soohyuk told me to kill my friends, would I do it? Would I sacrifice multiple lives just to save a single life? 

"...Sehun. Sehun. Sehun." I heard my name, coming from a familiar voice. Kai?

"Um, wait, what?!?" Where was I?

"You blanked out." Kai said. Maybe i got too shocked. This place is getting to my head. I want to leave.
"So you're leaving tomorrow, right? I have to show you a human's vital points before you leave. Master's orders." I nodded, my mind filled with questions. I wasn't paying attention when Kai brought out a mannequin and pointed out the places to hit a human. I had too much in my head. I need to cool down.  

"Are you paying attention?" sighed Kai in exasperation.  

"No," I said flatly.  

"Is it because of what I said? About my friends?" He asked, sounded a bit annoyed.

"It's not that, either." I lied.

"Then what is it?"
"I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm scared. And a bit sad." Way to go Sehun. Best lie u could think of was that?!?!?!?

"Oh. I get it," he replied. Surprisingly, he was actually believing my lie.... 

"And you don't want to leave me and master, right?" He grinned at me, and I forced a smile.  

"Maybe not master," I said, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.  
"Yeah, I don't think I'd miss him as much as I'd miss me." He said, laughing. I can't take this anymore.

"I think I'll go to sleep now." I said. I've had enough now. 

"You do that. After all, you're graduating from this place tomorrow, so you'll need plenty of sleep," he smiled.  I forced another smile and headed to my room. Exhausted, I threw myself onto the bed and fell asleep.