JONGMIN

MASK

Finally, the day ended. I went home feeling a bit tipsy, probably due to the fact that I've just kissed a girl. Somehow, I managed not to look like a slob in front of Krystal. We exchanged our goodbyes and left. I didn't see Chen nor Luna.

"I'm back," I said, to no one in particular. I threw my bag onto an empty chair, and flopped onto my bed. I decided to think about my first day. 

Let me think. First, I went to Math class, then Drama class, then English, then Vocals. The teachers were okay, and Krystal's in three of my four classes. She's my age, and she can sing like an angel, and...

Whoa! What am I thinking of?! I should be more focused on her death, not on her. . .everything.

I pick up my cell phone, wanting to look for her number. Wait. I forgot to ask her for her number. I sigh, then I call Soohyuk. I can probably get him to do some research for me. It doesn't feel right to stalk a girl you've just met, but what other choice do I have?

"Sehun," I hear the cold voice, "Is there a problem?"

"Soohyuk," I reply, equally cold, "I need Krystal's cell number."

"Let me check... Here," he says, and tells me the numbers. Then he hangs up.

I add the numbers into my phone and decide to text Krystal.

ME: I got ur # ;)  BTW, it's Semin. Whatcha doin?

KRYSTAL: Homework.

KRYSTAL: U should b doing hwk 2. How did u get my #?! Stalker :P

I laugh. If only she knew how resourceful I was. I open my bag, and finish my homework. Then I eat some dinner and flop down on the bed. I need some time to rest. My thoughts are fuzzy, and my emotions are jumping around. I love Krystal. I love Krystal. I love Krystal.

I fall asleep, hoping that something would change.

-------------------------------

For the next three days, I observe Krystal in the shadows. I want to know more about her. I told Soohyuk to tell the head principal that I was on vacation. I wore a dark outfit to prevent people from seeing and noticing me. At the end of the three days, I reviewed my notes in my room.

So Krystal lives in a creme coloured mansion with her pet cat and about fifty to a hundred servants. Her parents aren't ever home, and Krystal seems to miss them a lot, she looked unhappy at home, and she always asked her servant about them. Her room is on the second floor, a corner room with a balcony. I could easily climb up and visit her without being noticed. There's a security system, but it's the partially outdated kind that I can avoid with ease. I wonder why they don't bother getting a new one when they obviously have the money to.

Her three friends from school are Amber, Jiyoung and Suzy. Of course Krystal knows a lot of other people, but she hangs out with those girls the most. Jiyoung usually invites Krystal to stayovers since she knows about Krystal's parents never being home. Krystal usually refuses with a smile. For the one course she doesn't have with me, she has Fashion Design. She has a very concentrated look when she's working.

Wow. I feel like a stalker more than an assassin. Sulli would laugh if I told her that I gathered information about a girl I liked. I think my information gathering could be overlooked as an assassin's duty.

My phone rang. It's Krystal.

"Hey," I say, trying to sound cool and natural.

"Hi! Just wondering where you are," she says.

"I'm at home. What about you?"

"I'm also at home," she giggles.

"So... Why did you call me?"

"You didn't show up in class, and the teachers didn't call your name during roll call. I... I was worried."

"I was on vacation," I lie. Smooth, Sehun, "I hope I didn't cause you to worry much."

"Oh! No! Not at all!" she stammers, "Just... Do you have the homework?"

"No. There was homework?"

"Yeah," she says, then tells me the homework.

"Thanks Krystal."

"You're welcome," she says, a trace of a smile on her voice.

"So anything interesting happen?"

"Um... Not really. Oh! There's a new kid named Jongmin."

"That's cool. Friendly?"

"I don't know, he doesn't talk much. But the girls are saying that he's really cute," she says, giggling.

"Well, see you at school tomorrow." I say.

"You too."

We hang up. Then my phone buzzes. I have a text message.

KAI: shoulda told u earlier. guess wat? im @ Arkham! Got a practice victim (like an easy target with a small bounty). I'm Jongmin, FYI. Cya @ skl!! :D

...what?! Kai's at Arkham?! And he's the new kid? And... Kai quiet?! None of this seems to make sense, yet nothing seems to make sense these days. Why must everything be so complicated?