ANYTHING FOR HER

MASK
 I'm not who I seem to be. I'm not the friendly, compassionate boy I used to be. Instead, I'm an empty shell devoid of all emotions. My sister, Sulli, is confined to a hospital bed due to some unknown disease. Since we come from a poor background, there's not much I can do to make her get well soon. Enter her "boyfriend," Soohyuk. I hate him. My sister loves him, but he doesn't love her at all. He's probably manipulating her for something, like he's doing with me. However, he's paying the hospital fees, so I have to put up with that bastard. Where are my parents? They died a long time ago, in a car accident. My sister brought me up after that, another reason why I'm desperate to keep her alive.  A few weeks after Sulli's hospital confinement, Soohyuk approached me after I visited my sister. 
 
"Sehun, your sister is really sick, and I can't keep on paying the hospital bills for you. I have my own debts to pay too, you know."
 
Liar. You're as rich as hell. But he has to pay the bills! I can't. I don't have a job yet. When I get one, I'll kick him out of the picture and pay Sulli's hospital fees. The best I can do now is protest. 
 
"But you can't! She'll die!"
 
"Well that's life. I'm starting to go low on cash. Sehun, get a job. Your sister needs the money. Luckily for you, I have a job proposition." 
 
"What is it?" 
 
Soohyuk whispered in my ear, and suddenly I felt a wave of shock going down my spine. He wants me to what?
 
"...What?..." I was able to muster after coming back to my senses.
 
"You heard me." He said with a straight face. How could he, so calmly, say something so cruel? 
 
"What if I refuse?" I asked. 
 
"Someone you know will die at the hospital," replied Soohyuk.
 
"That's blackmailing!" I shouted in his face, starting to panic at his threat.
 
"Take it or leave it." He said, a smirk forming on his lips. I really couldn't believe this guy. I hate this bastard, giving me a decision with only one way out. I thought about the offer for a while. If my sister knew about this would she agree? No, I can't tell her, it would put her in shock and I can't risk that, because she might get even closer to death.
 
"Fine," I snapped, "I'll take your stupid job offer. But you have to keep her alive, or I'll kill you. Just don't tell her about this. If you do, the deal's over."

I heard a small chuckle escaping his lips, making me feel enraged.
 
"Good boy. Your parents would've been real proud of you," laughed Soohyuk as he walked away. That was somewhat of a slap to the face, and he knew it. Would they have been proud? Probably...Not. An assassin was a high paying job that only the meanest and coldest people took. They don't care about the lives they take, it's all about the cash. But what type of people were my parents? I still don't know. I heard the door opening as someone walks closer to my sister. What does Soohyuk want this time? I turned around to see what's the reason for him coming back, when I realized it's just the doctor.  
 
"Doctor, how is she?" I asked cautiously, feeling worried about my sister.
 
"Are you Sulli's little brother?" she asked, surprising me with her happy tone. Does this mean my sister's doing good?
 
"Yes, that would be me." I said, feeling a bit relieved.
 
"Your name's Sehun, am I right?" How does she- "Your sister speaks highly of you." She finished off, smiling and extending her hand to me. Really? She does? That's news to me. 
 
"Yeah, I'm Sehun," I replied, and grasped her hand in my own.
 
"So how is she?" I asked, once again.
 
"Oh yes, I forgot to answer that," laughs the doctor, "Sulli is doing better, but she is still very fragile due to this... illness. There are some people looking into what the virus is, but they've been unsuccessful so far. I believe she may die if she gets any sicker." 
 
Her tone remained cheerful, but her gaze darkened. If Sulli dies, then I'll have no one to live for... She must live on. I have to keep her alive, even if I have to be Soohyuk's little puppet. Even if it costs my life.