Epilogue / Writting a Life

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

A black curtain could hide away the daylight, could hide away every undesired light that wanted to barge in. Darkness surrounded them, the holy ground, a body resting peacefully on white sheets, though the darkness surrounding him was enough to cloud everything. Heaviness, a body as heavy as steel fighting for freedom.

Pain, as unbearable as the world’s sorrow invaded him completely. Hot tears could never escape his closed eyes, hands could never ball into fist, and the pain could never escape his limbs. He had fought many battles, he had endured many pains, but the moment his heart beated slowly, he lost control of his own body. In the distance he could hear voices, melodic voices of the people he loved, he cherished, he adored.

“It’s been too long, he won’t probably make it.”

Voices filling his mind as his chest hurt with ever sorrow he couldn’t have.

“I won’t give up yet, he will make it.”

Angels could never sing as melodic as that voice. A song would never be as great as her own body. For all he yearned was to touch her, to feel her, to enjoy her company in the Utopia he had ever imagined.

“His body’s decaying faster than we had thought, he won’t survive it.”

The pain had become one with him, unable to move, to scream, he had merged with it in an unending dance filled with agony, with sorrow, with darkness and loneliness.

“He will, I’m certain of it.”

“You’re faith is futile now, just look at him!”

“STOP!”

Faith, it was all he needed now. Faith in a new beginning, faith in a new life. He would write that life, he had lost too much to give up now. As dense as deep waters, he tried to run out of the darkness, but as fast as he did, more darkness would swallow him whole. He was desperate, agonizing spikes will constantly touch his skin, driving him insane.

What’s going on?!

Whimpering and flinching, scream after scream, unable to speak a word, unable to move, to breath. Every scream would go unnoticed, each attempt futile. He was losing it, slowly letting himself being dragged into that alluring darkness that was tempting him too much.

No pain, no sorrow.

But he couldn’t give up just yet. Everything he had achieved will go in vain, every tear dropped, every person killed, every step taken will go to waste if he oblige the darkness and joined it.

“Chaerin, think about yourself, it’s not healthy for you, there’s more you need to keep safe now.”

“I won’t give up on him, never.”

But probably darkness would be less painful. Nothing could hurt him as much as listening to her pleas, to her constant cries and her endless faith. He couldn’t reach her, he couldn’t touch her, yet he could feel her so close, so warm, so tender. He could smell her, even at this distance, he could smell her sweet scent, yet something was off, she was different, he could feel it.

“He won’t forgive you if something happens to you now.”

“Nothing will happen.”

It was true, he had begged her countless time for her to keep on going. He had told her he would be just a happy memory of the past, but was that anything close to happiness? Hearing her constant cries made him wonder if she could be happy at all without him.

“The treatment is given, we just have to wait and pray.”

“Losing in order to win, will our lives ever be normal?”

Voices filling his mind, making him wonder if he had imagined it all. He was feeling heavy, slowly being dragged back into darkness. He cried again as he ran and ran, hoping to reach something to hold on to, but everything was empty, an empty hollow in the world, a vast desert in eternity.

“For a brother, I could do anything.”

“It’s working…”

The darkness dragged him harder, and he cried and scream as he lost all strength to fight it. He couldn’t make it, he couldn’t fight it anymore, and as he let his body being dragged, images of Chaerin appeared on his head. He smiled unconsciously as he felt the warmth invading his whole body, embracing his soul. Home, he could finally go home, he could finally rest, finally ease the pain that had taken him whole, daring him to the edge of insanity.

“Jiyong? Can you hear me?” He heard Chaerin’s voice say close to him. He wanted to tell her so many things, let her know so many feelings but every attempt was futile, he couldn’t move.

“I know things had been hard lately, I can’t even begin to tell you how hard they had been.” She continued saying. “But I have faith in you, I know you will make it, we will make it, as a family.”

Family, he had been so alienated to that word, family. He had known family members, he had known blood related people, yet he had never felt the warmth of family. He tried to move once more, and for the first time in a long time, he felt something moving on him. Along with the movement, a terrible pain got the best of him yet again. He wanted to scream, but something was blocking his throat. He tried to run but his body wouldn’t help him. The darkness was slowly fading, the heaviness of his body coming back, the pain with it.

“Jiyong?” He heard Chaerin’s voice again, this time, it was closer than he had ever heard it. He tried to move but nothing would cooperate. A piercing pain grew on his chest, and his body felt as if he had been dropped to the floor, numb and sore. He cough but no sound came from his mouth, he could move his fingers, and slowly, his eyes opened. Bright lights blinded him, a white light as bright as the Sun. He closed his eyes again, but he could still see the light behind his eyelids. He opened them again, looking around. Besides him, Chaerin was looking at him with eyes wide open, mouth open.

“Oh my God, I knew it! Someone! He woke up!” She screamed. Jiyong looked around, the place looked like a hospital room. White walls with blue decorations all around him, white sheets covering his numb body. A plastic tube protruded from his mouth, preventing him from talking or coughing.

“What? Already?” Someone said. Jiyong looked to the side and saw both Jonghyun and James approaching him.

“Hey pal, welcome back.” James said as he touched his hand. It hurt, the numbness of his muscles were too much to bear. Jiyong nodded but the tube hurt his throat, and the urge to cough invaded him completely.

“You’re intubated, you’ve been out for too long.” Jonghyun said. "Almost a month now." Jiyong raised an eyebrow at him, then looked down. He moved his hands, but they were tied to the bed with a white and blue cloth. Jiyong looked at Chaerin with questioning eyes, and she put a hand on his arms and caressed them.

“Its precautions, they do it with all Intensive Care patients. I’m so glad you’re back.” She said. He nodded and tried to smile, but then again, the tube forbid him to do it.

“I’ll call the nurse.” James said as he walked out of the room. Jonghyun nodded and looked at Jiyong, a smile plastered on his face.

“It’s done brother. It’s all finished.” Jonghyun said. Jiyong tried to smile, the happiness inside of him was too much; so much tears escaped his eyes. “You did it, you killed him.”

“We’re free.” Chaerin murmured. Jiyong nodded, another tear fell from his eyes but Chaerin cleaned them up. “I never gave up on you.” She murmured on his ear, then kissed his cheek. Jiyong nodded again, and moved his fingers, trying to grab her hand. She put her hand on his and he pressed it hard, wanting to let her know so many things that he had stored inside of him. He had finally arrived home, his own home, where freedom wasn’t a stake, wasn’t a price. What else could he ask for?

~ * ~

Days became minutes, people entering and exiting, everyone happy with the news of Jiyong’s mysterious recuperation. He had been told they found a cure, the found an antidote for his disease. Dami had brought back from Russia the same person that invented the poison, and he made an antidote for him.

“We thought we would lose you, your body practically rot in front of us. Gray’s not the color for you.” Seungri said as he sat at the foot of bed. Jiyong was eating a jelly the hospital has given him, and even if it tasted horrible, he was forced to eat it completely.

“Every color looks perfect on me.” Jiyong said as he took another bite. A memory of the pain he felt came back to his mind, and he scrunched his face as the feeling invaded him. Pain was definitely a word he didn’t wanted to hear anymore.

“It was terrible, they told me you wouldn’t make it.” Chaerin said. Jiyong nodded and smiled.

“I know, I could hear it.” He said.

“You could?” James asked and Jiyong nodded.

“It was strange, I could feel, but I couldn’t move.” Jiyong said. Everyone nodded.

“It must be terrible.” Jonghyun said and Jiyong nodded.

“Yeah, it was.”

“Jiyong, there’s something else you should know.” Chaerin said. Jiyong looked at her with confused eyes. She stood up and smiled at him. He looked at her, it was the very first time he hadn’t seen her with tight clothes. She looked cute, white loose blouse with black, short pants. She was wearing sandals, her feet exposed. Her hair was loose, and she looked like she had gained a bit of weight.

“What?” Jiyong asked. He was sick of moments like this, when everybody would stay silent while smiling foolishly.

“There’s someone else you will have to take care of.” She said as she sat next to him on his bed. He looked at her with raised eyebrows.

“No Chaerin, I’m done with this life." He said as he put the jelly back on the table. "I want a normal, happy life now. I want to be a performer, your husband and have children and grow old. I want to write a life. I’m damn sick of the underground life.” Chaerin smiled widely at him while nodding.

“That’s exactly what I’m talking about.” She said. Jiyong raised another eyebrow and she grabbed his hand, caressed it and put it on her stomach. She had gained some weight, her belly was a bit bigger than he remembered.

“You have gained some weight missy.” He said smiling at her. She shook her head and smiled widely.

“You’re going to be a daddy.” She said. He felt his world stopping around him. Everyone disappeared, time stopped, his breathing stopped. A cold breeze ran through his body, and as if everything was put back on play, he let out a sigh and smiled.

“W-What?” He asked. She nodded, her smile never fading. “You’re pregnant?” He asked and she nodded again.

“10 weeks now.” She said. Jiyong gulped and looked at her belly. He unconsciously lifted her shirt, watching the little bulge on her abdomen.

“I’m going to be a father…” He said. Everyone laughed as he touched the belly. He looked at his side and saw Jonghyun smiling widely at him.

“Congratulations Mr. Kwon!” Jonghyun said. Jiyong let out a small laugh and looked at Chaerin again.

“How is this possible?” He said out of breath, still touching her belly.

“You know, when people have unprotected , things like this usually happen.” James said. Jiyong glared at him, then smiled.

“Dude, I’m going to be a father!” Jiyong yelled and everyone cheered. “I can’t believe this!” He yelled one more time and hugged Chaerin. She hugged him back, smiling and laughing. He kissed her cheek, then her lips, then let go and kissed her belly.

“I never gave up on you, never gave up on this because I always knew, we would write this life together.” She murmured. Jiyong smiled while tears fell on his eyes.

“Thanks.” He said and kissed her lips. Happiness overwhelmed him, this time, he happily let it drag him. As Darkness once tried to drag him and he fought, Happiness was doing the same, but this time, he obliged happily, because this world, because this feeling will be the one he would be feeling for the rest of his life, for eternity. Now he had to write that life, and he would do it conscious that this stage, he could never step out of it again.

~ * ~

“Jiyong, please, I need you to bring me more ice cream!” Chaerin yelled at him. He rolled his eyes and kissed her lips.

“You’re just exaggerating, there’s two bowls full of ice cream on the fridge already.” He said.

“Yeah, but there’s no Cookies N’ Cream, and I want that.” She said. Jiyong pouted and she crossed her arms over her big belly.

“My son will be so demanding.” Jiyong said and kissed her belly. She rolled her eyes and threw herself on the sofa.

“I look like a pig.” She said and grabbed another teaspoon of ice cream she had on the table next to Jiyong’s sofa. Jiyong rolled his eyes and sat next to her, taking the spoon out of her hands.

“Yeah, but you’re the most hot, gorgeous pig I’ve ever seen.” He said as he ate the chocolate ice cream.

“You just called me a beautiful pig, you have no feelings!” She whined and pouted. Jiyong rolled his eyes and smiled. On the sofa next to them, Jonghyun sat along with Taemin.

“It’s a hormonal change, don’t mind her.” Taemin said as he smiled at them. Jiyong laughed but Chaerin just glared at them.

“So you’re intending to ignore me on purpose?” She said and everyone nodded. “Fine, I’m leaving.” She said and stood up. Jiyong laugh harder as she walked back to their room.

“Married life is sure hard.” Jonghyun muttered. Jiyong nodded and threw him a pillow.

“How’s Luna? Is she finding the house appealing?” Jiyong asked and Jonghyun nodded.

“Yeah, she’s happy. And I’m even happier I found her.” Jonghyun said.

“Who would have thought she was at Woochoong’s house the whole time?” Taemin said and Jiyong shrugged.

“I’m honestly not impressed by his capacity of hiding stuffs.” Jiyong said. “I mean, look how hard it was to actually get to him.”

“Yeah, but everything’s over now. Jiyong, have you talked to Dami?” Jonghyun said and Jiyong nodded.

“Yes, she called me this morning, said she would be coming over later today.” He said and Jonghyun smiled.

“We should make dinner and call everybody.” Taemin said. Jiyong sat up straight and nodded.

“That’ll be a great idea, call them all, I’m cooking.” Jiyong said and stood up, running towards his kitchen. “Chae! I’m cooking, everyone’s coming!” He screamed.

“I’m not eating anymore!” She screamed from the room. Jiyong stopped and looked at Jonghyun and Taemin. They shrugged as they texted. Jiyong stopped in front of his room and knocked on the door.

“Chaerin, open up please.” Jiyong said.

“No!” She screamed. Jiyong rolled his eyes and smiled as he fished his keys on his pocket.

“Open up babe, I need to talk to you.”

“Pigs don’t talk.”

“You were the one who called yourself a pig, come on!” He said as he unlocked the door. Inside, he saw her crying in front of their full panel mirror. She was shirtless, only her bra was on. Her s had grown along with her belly, yet Jiyong never stopped seeing the beauty in her. She was carrying his son, a healthy baby growing steadily. Her body was just the merely image of a healthy woman carrying a baby on her womb, there was no more beautiful image than that. “Chaerin.” He said as he stood at her back. She rested her back on his chest and he hugged her.

“I’m fat.” She said. Jiyong smiled and kissed her cheek. She had changed the black heels for sandals, her height being considerable shorter than Jiyong’s.

“No, you’re pregnant.” He said. She pouted and looked at him through their reflection.

“You’ll find one girl as y as I was and leave me.” She said and Jiyong laughed.

“Do you think I don’t find you y like that?” He said and Chaerin nodded. He turned her around and kissed her lips. She kissed him back, but then he pulled away, looking at her directly into her eyes. “I find you even ier now, and I love you more knowing you’re carrying my first child. You’re perfect honey, absolutely perfect.”

“You will never find someone else?” She said. He laughed and kissed her again.

“No, and I have two good reasons for that.” He said.

“Which ones?”

“One, you would kill me as fast as I kiss another girl, second, you never gave up on me, I will never give up on you.”

~ * ~

“Oh my God Jiyong, hurry!” Chaerin screamed at the top of her lungs. Jiyong was frantically packing her luggage, the baby was coming faster than he had ever thought.

“I’m hurrying!” He yelled back as he grabbed a set of thongs and put them on the luggage. She made an exasperated noise and grabbed the luggage, her big belly pushing Jiyong to the side.

“Call James and Dara and tell them that I need them. You’re a mess.” She said and started to pack her own things. Jiyong nodded and ran toward his phone and pressed James’s speed dial. In a few rings James answered, it was 3 in the morning after all.

“Dude, what’s wrong?” James said on a groggy voice. In the background he could hear Dara's voice asking him what was wrong.

“It’s Yonghwa, he wants to greet us already!” Jiyong said on the phone.

“We’re on our way.” Was all James said before he hung up. Jiyong nodded and put the phone on his pocket and continued helping Chaerin. She stopped and screamed every now and them, and every time, Jiyong would freak out more.

“Let’s go!” She screamed when they were done with the luggage. Jiyong drove fast towards the hospital. Without even parking properly, he jumped off the car and opened Chaerin’s door, helping her out. When they walked through the doors, James was already waiting for them with a few nurses and a Wheelchair. Dara smiled at Chaerin and help her sit on it.

“I’ll go with her. Jamie stay with Jiyong, he looks like he needs the company.” Dara said as she entered the hospital with Chaerin. James smiled and stood next to Jiyong, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“How is it?” James said and Jiyong let out a sigh.

“Killing people is easier than delivering them.” Jiyong said and James laughed hard.

“So they say my friend, so they say.”

~ * ~

Long hours passed by and Jiyong was still eating his nails on the waiting room. They didn’t allow him to enter, and he wouldn’t go in either, he was too nervous to see that. Dara was inside with Chaerin while the rest of their team awaited outside. Taemin and Krystal were the last to walk in, and they had brought Jiyong a gift. Taemin handed him a beer and sat next to him.

“I know it’s a hospital, but you can say its coke.” Taemin said and Jiyong opened the can, drinking it hastily.

“I needed it.” Jiyong said. Everyone was laughing, some sitting at the corners biting their nails, some other scratching their hands. Jiyong was standing next to the door, taking glances inside every now and then. After what it felt like an eternity, a doctor walked out of the doors. Jiyong let out a sigh and walked next to him, so did everyone else.

“Who’s the father of Baby Kwon?” The doctor said and Jiyong lifted his hand childishly.

“I’m the father.” Jiyong said and the doctor smiled at him.

“Then congratulations, your wife gave birth to a healthy boy.” The doctor said. Jiyong smiled widely, and just then the doors opened again and a nurse came out carrying a baby. She smiled at Jiyong and the doctor gestured her to give the baby to him. The nurse did as told and Jiyong carried his baby. At first, he was scared the baby might fall from his hands, but as if it was instinct, he carried him just fine.

As he held his baby, he looked at his eyes, his hands, his little feet. He was the most perfect baby he had seen in his life. Tears escaped his eyes as he looked at the little human on his arms, moving his little feet and hands. Jiyong put his hand in front of him and the baby grabbed his finger. Jiyong let out a laughter of happiness as the baby held onto his finger with force.

“He’s strong.” Jiyong said, his voice broken. James touched his shoulder. Jiyong looked at him, he hadn’t realized he was crying, so was James.

“He’s here.” James said. Jiyong nodded and looked at the baby on his arms.

“Hello Yonghwa, hi.” Jiyong said. The baby coughed a bit and Jiyong smiled wider. “I’m your father little baby. Hi.” He looked up and smiled at the doctor. “Can I see her?” Jiyong said.

“Yes, she’s actually waiting for you.” The doctor said and led the way towards Chaerin. Jiyong walked carrying his son towards his wife. She smiled at him as soon as he saw him walking towards her. She looked exhausted, her hair was a mess, but even with all that, Jiyong thought she was the most gorgeous woman he had ever seen.

“Hello mommy.” Jiyong said as he sat next to her. She extended her hands and smiled at him.

“Give me my little man.” She said and Jiyong gave her their baby. She carried him on her arms. Jiyong looked at her as she casually took out her and held the baby close to it. The baby searched for it until he found it, drinking casually from it. Jiyong smiled and kissed Chaerin’s head. She looked at him and they kissed.

“I can’t thank you enough Chae, I’m so happy, and it’s all thanks to you.” He said as he hugged her from the side. She smiled and nodded.

“This, this is our song Jiyong. This is our life.” She said. Jiyong nodded and rested his head on top of hers looking at their baby. This was the freedom he always wished for, and even though his life was full of nightmares, this beautiful dream was enough to make that darkness vanish. They were his ray of hope, the light that shone behind the dark curtains, and Jiyong had pulled them open, merging his body with the light that became his life. And for the first time, he felt what family felt like, for the first time, he was truly happy his worlds Collided, because from that Collision, the happiness was born and the universe had been conquered.

Fin

 


Gily's Notes: Hello!!

So we finally reached the end (weeps like a mad woman) BUT! 

It's not really the end yet, isn't it?

I will WRITE MORE FOR YOU! Will make a few more EPILOGUES with each characters story because... I just felt like it!

It was trully an honor and a pleasure to be able to share this little piece of my life with you. I have never felt more happier than writting, and reading your feedbacks brough a smile on my face. I can't thank you enough.

I know I tortured Ji a bit, but I have my reasons! 

I didn't updated sooner because I was with my dear boyfriend at the hospital, the silly man was going through some pains for a long time and he finally decided to go check that out! (It has NOTHING to do with Ji's endurance xD)

Anyways, he's alive and I'm back updating! So please enjoy this, wait for the next epilogues (will NOT say of whom so you'll sleep with the curiousity)

Thanks for bearing with me through these 43 chapters and...

HAPPY READING ~

Gily ☻