Adrenaline

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

A dark feeling invaded his mind as his hand ended the lives of many. His life was always a stage, where a perfect choreography was always present. He moved as swift as the wind, as fast as water. His body merged with the elements and his strength arise with the adrenaline on his veins. Besides him, the only partner that could match his choreographed dances. He saw how she jumped on top of a man, her body moving swiftly as she buried her dagger on his chest, then jumped off, landing in front of him. Jiyong smirked as he shoot another man, hitting straight into his forehead.

“Like old days?” Jiyong said and Chaerin smirked.

“It’s a date.” She said. Jiyong smirked and grabbed her waist, lifting her up as she threw a few knives, hitting a few men on its way. With another swift movement of his wrist, he let her fall, and she graciously landed on her feet, hugging his neck. He turned her around, her back facing him. She grabbed a gun on his belt and shoot to the front, a man fell dead on her feet. Jiyong turned around and buried her dagger on a man that was launching towards him. His body fell on him, and he used that as a shield for someone who was shooting at him.

“I wonder what pissed them off.” Jiyong said as he threw the corpse on the floor and grabbed a gun, shooting directly at the man who was shooting at him. The man fell lifeless on the floor, and Chaerin used Jiyong’s body to jump to his front, throwing more knives and killing more people.

Jiyong straightened up, looking around. He saw Jonghyun fighting Kikwang on the other end of the living room. He was going to let it go, but by the corner of his eye he saw Dami running towards them. He couldn’t tell what she was thinking, but his mind worked fast and his reasoning got clouded with terrible images. His dreams of Chaerin dying by the hand of Woochoong invaded his mind, and he no longer controlled his body, he was running towards Dami.

It all happened in a split of a second, Kikwang’s body landing swiftly on the floor as his Katana entered deep into Dami’s body. Jiyong ran faster, his hands trembling, his legs shaking, but it was as if an invisible thread was holding him back. “Dami!” He yelled as he grabbed his hair, but it was too late, Dami’s body fell on her knees. Jiyong screamed louder as he ran, but everyone kept on bumping on him, slowing down his pace.

As he tried to run, a man punched him right on his face, and with the impulse, Jiyong fell a few meters back. He quickly stood up in a smooth jump, feeling a bit light headed, and tried to spot who had attacked him. In front of him, a man stood, a smirk clear on his face, a dagger held tightly on his hands. Jiyong didn’t hesitated and threw himself over him. The man tried to attack him but Jiyong’s body threw him on the floor. Jiyong grabbed the dagger and started to press it against his neck. The man fought, but Jiyong’s rage was so great it gave him the strength he needed, and with a few more pushes, he cut the man’s head off. He kept hold of the dagger, his hand stained with blood and sweat, some of the man’s blood fell on his face, but he didn’t cared, his mind was filled with Dami’s images. He ran again towards Dami, this time, cutting his way through, killing, injuring and ripping pieces off. He saw how Kikwang held her slim body on his arms, and Jiyong fell on his knees as he finally reached them.

“She’s gone.” Kikwang murmured between sobs. Jiyong shook his head violently as he saw the body of his sister, limply held on Kikwang’s arms. Jonghyun fell on his knees besides Jiyong, his hand on his shoulder. Jiyong looked at him, he was crying silently as he looked at Dami’s body. Jonghyun looked at Jiyong, and for the first time ever, they shared a hug.

It was that kind of hugs that can cure all your sorrows; that can warm you in the inside and keep you safe. They both hugged so tight it was almost as if their bodies were clashing together. As they pulled apart, James stood behind them, his face a mixture of pain and confusion.

“She said… she said we were fighting for the wrong reasons…” Kikwang sobbed as he hugged her body. Jiyong tried to tell him something, but his voice got caught on his throat. “And I killed her. With my own hands…”

“Can’t you see what those reasons are?” Jonghyun said. Kikwang shook his head, moving uncontrollably as he held her body. “We’re not the bad ones here, Kikwang.”

“But this has never been about who the good guy or the bad guy was.” Jiyong finally said. Kikwang looked at them, and as if time had stopped, the fighting ceased, everyone was gathered around them. Chaerin knelt besides Jiyong, her body filled with blood and injuries. Jiyong saw how both she and Kikwang shared a look, they were so alike, yet so different.

“We have to stop him, we have to kill him.” She said as she grabbed Jiyong’s shoulders. Kikwang nodded, and Jiyong could see hesitation on his eyes.

“He killed my mother, my father and now my sister. Everything on his distorted reverie of killing the Kwon family, tell me Kikwang, who is the real monster here?” Jiyong said.

“He also killed my sister, sent my mother to a hospital and led her to suicide. Kikwang, just look at all this facts.” Jonghyun said.

“And your mother, Kikwang. He also killed your mother.” Kijin said, now standing next to him. Kikwang shook his head violently.

“No, you guys are wrong!” Kikwang said, his grip firm on Dami’s body.

“Now look at you, you killed your own wife under his command.” Chaerin said. Kikwang shook his head violently.

“He never ordered me to do it.” Kikwang said. Jonghyun crooked his head and put a hand on his shoulder.

“But he did, he ordered to kill us all. She was included.” Jonghyun said and Kikwang shook his head again.

“No…” Kikwang said as he sobbed on Dami’s body.

“Don’t let my sister death to be in vain. You were fighting for the wrong reasons, avenge her. Make her death be worth of something.” Jiyong said. James quickly moved next to Kikwang, kneeling slowly. Jiyong had noticed that expression before, as if something was bothering, something wrong.

“Kikwang, allow me to take a look at her.” James said. Kikwang hesitated, hugging her body tighter. “Please.” James said, his voice soothing, calm and serene. Kikwang looked at Jiyong, and he slightly nodded. Kikwang put Dami’s body on the floor and James quickly vent over her. His right index finger held firmly on her neck as his left hand searched for something on his jacket.

“What’s wrong?” Jiyong said. James looked at him, his blue eyes burying deep in his.

“She’s not dead.” James murmured. Kikwang choked and Jonghyun widened his eyes. Just then, James took out a shard of mirror and put it close to her nose. Jiyong held a gasp as he saw steam on the mirror.

“She’s not dead!” Jiyong said and James nodded.

“She’s in shock.” James said as he took off his jacket. Jiyong moved closer to her, intending on giving her a CPR. James shook his head as he extended his hand, blocking Jiyong’s way. “No, she needs a direct shock on her heart.” James said. Jiyong looked at him with confused eyes.

“We don’t have the necessary equipment for that.” Chaerin said and James smirked, ragging a piece of cloth from Dami’s shirt.

“Here, make some pressure on her wound, she has lost a lot of blood.” James said.

“How do you know all of this?” Kikwang said. James smirked again as he fished out a syringe from his leathered jacket. He started to hit it as he removed the cap.

“Because I’m the doctor here.” James said. Chaerin quickly ripped Dami’s shirt completely, showing her bra.

“You, all around, make a perimeter!” Jonghyun yelled and after a few seconds, they were completely surrounded. Jiyong was making pressure on the wound, his own face distorting from the pain he was starting to feel on his body. He looked to his side, and as if it was taken from the big screen, James inserted the syringe deeply on her chest and injected the white-ish liquid.

“Adrenaline?” Jiyong murmured and James nodded. He took out the needle and just then, Dami’s eyes snapped open and she sat up, fighting for air, panting. Then she screamed as she put her hands on her wound.

“Epinephrine, a direct dose on her heart will wake the muscle, and it will start to bomb blood again. Thus now, she’s awake.” James explained, his face full of self-achievement. “Thus we have to treat that wound, it must hurt.”

“It does hurt! !” Dami screamed again as she threw her head back. Kikwang, who was looking at her with wide eyes, started to move closer.

“D-Dami…” He murmured. Panting, Dami looked to her side, towards him. For the first time, Jiyong could see in live colors his own expressions, as if he was looking at a mirror, and he knew too well what she was thinking. Her face was a mixture of pain, calmness, happiness and sorrow, all in one emotion, confusion.

“Take her to Chaerin’s room, there’s a good sewing equipment there.” James said and Jiyong touched Dami’s shoulder, he should ask her first.

“Can I take you upstairs?” He said as soon as she looked at him.

“I can walk.” She said as she tried standing up. She failed miserably, but Kikwang was already there helping her up. Kikwang looked at Jiyong and nodded, putting her arm around his neck.

“I’ll take her.” Kikwang said and Jiyong nodded, standing up. As he did, he finally noticed his surroundings. The fight was over and the corpses were pilling around what used to be the main living room of Key’s house. He saw his comrades, injured and limping looking at him with expectant eyes. For the first time, he felt the heaviness of battle on his shoulder, for the first time, he felt responsible for all of them, for the first time, he could finally give his trust to someone other than himself.

“What should we do now?” Chaerin said and Jiyong looked around again, his mind filled with only one thought.

“We found our key, it’s time to walk the road.”

 


Gily's Notes: OMG it's so short! But I finally have my charger and laptop, so it's writting time!! And my vacations are in! Woah!

For those with doubts, Epinephrine (Adrenaline) was used a long time ago to make people in Cardiac Arrest to wake up, it's a measurre taken when every other treatment had failled. After 1990, people stopped using this treatment (Don't ask why, I dunno myself). Now the most common is Narcan, which when is injected via IV has its effect after 30 secs. When extubating a patient, we use Racemic Epinephrine to make them cough out any residual secretion on their Air ways, also to help the muscles relax and all... I'm using this because I came with this idea of NOT killing her and... well... you'll see ;)

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥