Bullets

Collision {Collide's Sequel}

The breeze felt like knives on their skin. The people looked like shadows into the woods as they ran. Jiyong was following James, who every now and then gave him a glance, making sure he was still there. He was feeling good, overall the pain and the fatigue, his legs didn’t felt like giving in, and he was doing great in following the rest of the people. He had prayed and begged for his legs to get him there, for he wanted to at least make Woochoong bleed once.

The trip felt like 5 minutes, though the panting and sweating told him it had been long since they started running. Jiyong could see a house at the distance, and that’s when he started to feel suffocated, anxious and stressed. He pushed himself harder, panting, sweating, trembling and almost out of breath. He slowed down his pace, everyone running faster and him staying behind. He slowed down until he stopped, holding himself onto a tree, grabbing his chest and fighting for dear air.

“.” He panted as he cleaned the sweat of his forehead with the back of his hand. He shook his head and continued walking on, almost limping as the familiar pain took the best of him. He narrowed his as he looked at the house, he was getting closer.

As he reached the clearing, he noticed Chaerin searching frantically for him. She stopped James on his tracks, and he widened his eyes. Jiyong coughed as he reached them, and Chaerin looked back, her feline eyes wide in surprise. He noticed how her face relaxed and her hands stopped trembling.

“Jiyong…” She said out of breath. Jiyong smiled at her and nodded, taking out his gun. Chaerin nodded too and grabbed her dagger, everyone walking slowly into the house. He had made it, he had arrived at the house and survived the long run.

“Should we split now?” James murmured as they saw the house. Jiyong gulped and nodded as they stared at the house in front of them. Even in the dark, the house looked imposing, as if a huge man dressed in concrete armature stared at them from the very top of the house. Jiyong let out a sigh and looked at his comrades.

“We should split.” He said, his voice slightly breaking. Chaerin looked at him with raised eyebrows.

“So, this mansion a.k.a castle has a total of 7 floors, 3 of them being underground. We should divide into floors.” Dami suggested.

“What’s underground?” James asked. Dami shrugged and Kikwang looked at him with a crooked smile.

“It’s where he works with experiment, genetics, weapons, all kind of stuffs you can imagine.” Kikwang said. Jiyong gulped again.

“Is he that kind of people?” Seungri asked and Jiyong raised an eyebrow at him.

“He wanted to own the world, how else would he do it?” Jiyong said as he started to walk inside. Chaerin walked closely behind him. “I’ll take the underground levels, who’s with me?” Jiyong said.

“You’ll need a team, I’ll go.” Chaerin said as she stood next to him, so did James, Taemin and Jonghyun.

“I’ll take the main floor.” Seunghyun said. Onew, Seungri and Taeyang stood next to him.

“Alright, I’ll take the second floor.” Dami said, and quickly, Bom, Dara and Minjie stood next to her. “We should be able to monitor the house from there, the security room is there.”

“Perfect, it’ll give us time to adapt to the house.” Bom said, securing her backpack, which contained her laptop and guns. Dami nodded.

“I can take the third and fourth, will need a team.” Kikwang said.

“I’ll go with you.” Kijin said, gun in hand. Jiyong noticed how he looked at Chaerin, nodded and walked next to Kikwang.

“I’ll go too.” Minho and Key said together and stood beside Kikwang.

“Then that leaves me, I’ll go with TOP to the main floor.” Daesung said.

“Then we’re set, everyone, good luck.” Jiyong said.

“Secure your receivers, we will contact you as soon as we’re settle.” Dara said as they walked into the house. Jiyong nodded and put the little receiver on his ear.

“Secured.” He said and walked towards a set of stairs that where situated in the middle of the reception. He wanted to ask Dami if those were the stairs, but she had already run off somewhere around the house. He shrugged and walked towards them, gun in hand.

Chaerin went first, her dagger in one hand and a gun in the other. Jiyong wanted to complain, but the look on her face told him to be completely silent, she wasn’t kidding around. They descended hastily, one after the other, slightly crouched as they got deeper into a dark hallway. Chaerin stopped midway, her hair falling slightly on her face as she looked down, extending one hand, gesturing them to stop.

“What’s that?” Jiyong said and she crouched, touching the floor. In there, Jiyong noticed, was a metallic plate with a few buttons on it.

“It looks like some kind of device.” James said as he crouched next to Chaerin. She touched one button and a set of lights , illuminating the hallway. The place looked like a technologic entrance to a secret room, white and silver walls with blue and white lights. It had no windows, only crystals in front of the blue and white lights. Jiyong frowned, then a rustle was heard on the far end of the hallway. He saw how Chaerin lifted her head, looking to her front, then, out of the walls, a metallic knife emerged from it and was approaching them quickly.

“Get down!” Chaerin screamed as she threw herself on the floor, her body completely flat. Taemin widened his eyes, he was the one closest to the knife. He quickly jumped, and the knife went under him. James threw himself on the floor and so did Jonghyun. Jiyong, who had seen the knife late, looked around, he didn’t had any time to throw himself on the floor. He looked up and to his relieve, there was a pipe in there. Without giving it any second thoughts, he jumped, holding on onto the pipe and lifting his body completely onto the ceiling. The knife stooped close to the stairs and descended into the floor. Jiyong dropped himself from the ceiling and glared at Chaerin.

“Next time, try not to kill us.” He said. She shrugged and stood up, aware of her surroundings. Jiyong took a few steps forward, each one extremely cautious as they advanced towards the door. Jiyong stopped in front of it, looking at it with narrow eyes, inspecting it. James stood beside him, looking at a device next to the door.

“It needs a password.” He murmured as he bent down a bit, looking at the device with narrow eyes. At the back, a scoff was heard. Jiyong looked back only in time to see Chaerin pulling her gun out and shooting the device. Both Jiyong and James jumped back, and just then, the door opened, revealing a white room with computers on white tables.

“I believe the password was ‘Bullet’” She said as she put the gun back on her belt. Jiyong took a deep breath with a raised eyebrow.

“I like her attitude.” Taemin murmured.

“You’re so eager to kill already.” Jiyong said and Jonghyun nodded as he crossed his arms.  Chaerin, however, just shrugged.

“We don’t have eternity to figure out a password, don’t we?” She said as she walked inside the room. Jiyong was going to say something else, but a loud noise inside the room caught his attention. He looked to the front, and in a split of a second, he saw Chaerin’s dark hair floating in the air and her body being thrown to the side. Jiyong quickly ran inside, followed by James, Jonghyun and lastly Taemin.

“Chaerin!” Jiyong heard Jonghyun screaming. Jiyong quickly looked to his side, only to find Chaerin hanging from a rail on a stair to their left. He hadn’t taken a proper look at the room, he hadn’t noticed that the white tables where only a part of it, and that the rest looked like a chemical laboratory, filled with all kinds of specimens and vials. The three floors where actually one, merged together to make it bigger and spacious. Jiyong ran towards Chaerin, but when he got there, Taemin was already lifting her up. She was injured, her side was bleeding and her lip had an open wound on it. Taemin held her on his arms and she coughed, spitting out a mouthful of blood.

“Her ribs are injured.” James said as he checked her side. Jiyong stood in front of her, completely dazed by the events.

“How could you be so careless?!” Jiyong heard himself yelling at her. She shook her head and straightened up.

“I’m fine.” She said, cleaning the blood from with the back of her hand.

“No, you’re not, and if you’re going to behave like that, you better-” Jiyong started lecturing her, but a knife landing on his arm threw him to the side. He whimpered and Taemin threw Chaerin on the floor, shooting at someone. Jiyong quickly grabbed his own gun and started shooting while moving towards Chaerin. As he help her up, she grabbed the knife that was deep on Jiyong’s arm and threw it towards where it came. Jiyong let out a scream as the knife tore his skin. In the other side was a man dressed in a suit accompanied by someone dressed in white. The knife landed directly into the heart of the man dressed in white, falling lifeless on the floor.

“We’re ambushed!” Taemin screamed as he continued shooting. Jonghyun was fighting one on one a man in suite, James was covering Jiyong and Chaerin’s back as Chaerin stood up. She quickly grabbed her gun and turned to Jiyong’s back, shooting at people approaching them.

“They’re too many, we need backup!” Jiyong screamed. He remembered the receiver on his ear and put his hand on it. It made a noise, then someone talked on it.

“Everything clear on the 3rd floor.” He heard Kikwang saying.

“We’re ambushed! On the underground floor, we’re ambushed, we need backup!” Jiyong yelled on the receiver.

“We’re on our way.” He heard someone saying, then the receiver stopped functioning. He took it out of his ear and threw it on the floor.

“Just great!” He screamed.

“What’s wrong?” Chaerin said.

“Nothing!” He said. Chaerin shrugged and continued shooting. He felt her running away, and when he turned around, he saw her jumping on someone, breaking his neck. As Jiyong saw her, someone grabbed his neck and lifted him up. He quickly elbowed the person, but he didn’t let go. Jiyong put all his weight to the front, and when his feet touched the ground, he moved to the side, unbalancing the man. The man fell to the floor, and Jiyong took that as an advantage and shoot his head.

“We won’t make it!” Taemin said as he shoot another person, dragging himself on the floor. He was already injured, his left arm close to his chest. Jiyong ran towards him and helped him up. Taemin whimpered and flinched when Jiyong touched the arm.

“What happened?” Jiyong said looking at the arm. “Is that arm alright?”

“No, it’s broken.” Taemin said. Jiyong nodded and grabbed a bandana he had on his wrist and tied the ends, putting it on Taemin’s neck and securing the arm with it.

“This should help.” Jiyong said and Taemin nodded.

“Thanks.” He said. Jiyong nodded and turned towards the center of the laboratory. Just then, Kikwang and the rest ran into the place, already shooting and fighting. Jiyong smiled a crooked smile at them as they started the fight.

In less than half an hour, the place was a mess, blood staining the walls, the specimens broken and the water was spilling throughout the place. Jiyong was fighting a man, but he was losing the fight. He was already thrown on the floor, a dagger dangerously close to his neck. He used all his might to keep the man from killing him, but he was already too weak. The dagger had already graced his skin, a thin scarlet line falling from his neck. Jiyong gulped as he made another effort, but it was almost futile, he couldn’t match the man’s strength.

“Enough, Taecyeon, leave him to me.” Jiyong heard someone saying and the man quickly let go of him. Jiyong started coughing and rolled to the side, putting a hand on his neck. He took it out and looked at it, it was stained with fresh blood. “Come boy, stand up.” The man said again. Jiyong looked up, only to see Woochoong smirking at him.

“Woochoong…” Jiyong muttered.

“I’m impressed you’re still alive, you’re doing quite well, considering your condition.” Woochoong said. Jiyong glared at him and stood up, a bit unbalanced, but he found the strength to keep himself on his feet.

“Yes, I’m stronger than I look.” Jiyong said, but Woochoong only laughed.

“No, on the contrary, you’re weak. Just look at you, that pain is driving you crazy, isn’t it?” He said. Jiyong clenched his jaw muscles and straightened his head.

“No pain will ever be greater than the satisfaction of killing you myself.” Jiyong said. Woochoong laughed and nodded.

“You’ll be dead before you can see that. And with your death, the Kwon dynasty will finally end. Isn’t that amazing?” Woochoong said, slowly pulling out a katana. Jiyong laughed and nodded.

“Hilarious, actually.” Jiyong said, crouching slightly, preparing himself to fight.

“Let’s see how hard you’ll laugh after I’m done with you.” Woochoong said as he moved the Katana on his hand, slowly approaching Jiyong.

“Let the game begin.”