Chapter 8

A Great Unsuspecting Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As we got back from the clinic, and our apartment my dad says,” We need to talk.”

“About…?” I question.

“About yours and Jong In’s living arrangements.”

“What do you mean?”

“We are going to give you a guys a decision. Let’s just wait until our guest arrive, so we can all talk about it.”

“Guest?”

“Jong In’s parents.” My dad smiles.

“You already told them?”

“Of course not. The both of you are going to do that.”

“Oh my goodness! My parents are going to kill me!” Jong In screeches.

Then we all hear a knock on the door.

“Oh… It looks like our guests have finally arrive.” My dad grins.

“Oh god!” Jong In panics.

“Jong In… Calm down, it’s fine.” I get up and hug him, trying to comfort him.

“Jong In! Sehun! Mr. Oh said that you have something to tell us.” Jong In’s dad says as him and his wife come into the living room.

“Oh… Uh… Yeah we do…” Jong In mumbles.

“What is it?” Mrs. Kim asks as they sit.

“Well… Um… First is that Sehun-ah and I are getting married…”

“Oh! That’s wonderful!” Mrs. Kim shouts before Jong In continues.

“Thank you… And also,”

“There’s more news?” Mr. Kim questions.

“Um… Yeah… Well… Sehun-ah is… Preg-preg-pregnant…” He stutters out.

“WHAT?!” They shout in unison. “KIM JONG IN! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO A POOR INNOCENT YOUNG MAN?!” Mr. Kim shouts.

“I- I- I” Jong In stutters.

“It wasn’t just his fault. It was also mine. I let him. Also, it’s not just our fault it’s also yours and my parents.” I jump in.

“What do you mean it’s our fault?! We’re not the ones who forced you to have !” My dad yells.

 “It’s your fault because you didn’t tell us! You all kept it a secret from us! So how were we suppose to know that I would get pregnant?” I argue back.

“Son are you really going to take his side?”

“I‘m not taking anyone’s side. Sure it’s out’s our fault because we didn’t use protection, but it’s also your fault for not telling us.”

“Ok we’ll take part of the blame too.” My dad says.

“Thank you.” I sigh.

“Well, congratulations you two. I’m sure you’ll be great parents. Now, is there anything else you want to discuss with us?” Mrs. Kim ask.

“No…” Jong In sighs.

“They don’t, but we have something to discuss with all of you.” My mom says.

“Which is…?” Mr. Kim pushes.

“These kids living arrangements.” My dad smiles.

“I think they’ll be fine on their own as they said before.” Mrs. Kim says.

“How? Jong In can’t stay here 24/7 looking after my son. He’s busy with school and work.” My dad argues.

“That’s true.” Mr. Kim agrees

“What can’t I just attend school and work also?” I ask.

“Of course not silly. You’re pregnant, and when people are pregnant they need to relax.” My dad says.

“So, you two have 2 options: first option is to live with us or live here and we come here when Jong In leaves for work.” My mom says.

“Second option.” Jong In and I say instantly smile at each other.

“Ok then when do you have to work and go to school, Jong In?” My dad asks.

“I work on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting this week from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon, and will start attending school on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 in the morning to noon. I’m free on the weekends.” He informs them.

“Ok. Sehun-ah, you will not go to work or school until your child is 6 months.” My mom says.

“What?! I can’t do both for 14 months?!” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter