Bonus Chapter: The Beginning of Us

A Great Unsuspecting Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is the first day as a student at Seoul Performing Arts High School. I, Oh Sehun, would be lying if I said that I am not nervous. I use to be home schooled, but my mom decided to start working as a saleswoman. Why? I don’t know… Anyways back to what I was talking about, I know nobody. I am completely loss in this hectic world.

“Hey, are you loss?” A short big brown eyed boy taps my shoulder.

“Uh… Yeah I am…” I answer.

“Ok. My name is Do Kyungsoo, what’s your name? Well, do you mind if I help you find your class? Are you new here or are you a first year?”

“My name is Oh Sehun. I’m a first year, and I don’t mind.”

“Ok awesome and you’ll love it here!” He squeals.

“Oh… Ok…”

“I’m waiting for someone, so it will be a while until he gets here.”

“Ok that’s fine. Who are we waiting for? If you don’t mind my asking.”

“Um… My boyfriend…”

“Ok.”

“You’re not weirded out by the fact that I’m gay?”

“No… Should I be?”

“Are you from here, Korea?”

“Yeah… I am…Why?”

“Most Koreans find being gay repulsive.”

“Oh, well I’m open minded, and your ual orientation doesn’t describe what type of person you are. Also, I’m gay… Plus, I have been homeschooled until now.” I smile.

“Oh ok…” He smiles back.

“Kyungie!” We hear someone shout and turn around.

“Oh Kai’s here! Hey!” Kyungsoo smiles.

The boy comes over and hugs Kyungsoo.

“Hey, I want you to meet someone he’s also a first year like you.” I hear Kyungsoo say.

“Ok.”

They come walking hand in hand towards me. As I look at the tanned male my heart starts to beat faster and I get this funny giddy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

“Kai this is Sehun, Sehun this is Kai, my boyfriend.” Kyungsoo introduces. I feel my heart drop, and I don’t know why. I still smile despite this odd feeling.

“Hi.” I smile and raise my hand to shake his.

“Hello.” He smiles back and shakes my hand. When his hand touches mine, I feel like I’m being electrified. I don’t pull away because I kind of liked the feeling.

“What class are you in Sehun?” Kai asks retrieving his hand. I feel upset by the sudden contact loss but careful not show it.

“I’m in class 1-A.” I answer.

“Oh cool we have the same class.” He smiles making eye contact, and oh my goodness! Can he not be more gorgeous?! 

We suddenly hear someone clear their throat, losing eye contact and turn to see Kyungsoo smiling.

“That’s great! I’ll show you where it’s at!” Kyungsoo smiles but this smile seems different than before. He grabs Kai’s hand and looks back at me and smirks. I don’t know how to take that…

As Kyungsoo shows us where our class is he decides to ask me personal questions.

“So Sehun, how was it like to be home schooled?”

“It’s actually pretty boring. You have nobody to communicate with, your parent is your teacher, and you have to study straight from the books. But it does have its perks like waking up whenever you want, have alone time, nobody is there to cheat off of you, and when you use aeygo on the teacher it works.” I smile remember how I use to get of assignments since my mom was a er for aeygo.

“Cool. How old are you?”

“16.”

“What do your parents do for a living?”

“My dad is a lawyer and my mom just became a saleswoman.”

“What is your favorite drink?”

“Bubble tea, chocolate bubble tea to be specific.”

“Do your parents know that you’re gay? How did you know you were gay?”

“Yes they know, I told them last year. I knew because I would look at TV and found the males a lot more attractive than the females.”

“Have you ever had a crush on a non-celebrity male?”

“Yes, I have.”

“Oh? Really? Who?”

“Kyungie, that’s too personal leave him alone.” Kai complains.

“No, it’s fine.” I smile.

“See! Stop being a party pooper! Now Sehun-ah who is it?”

“He works at the bubble tea shop, downtown. His name is Luhan and he’s from China.” I smile.

“Oh? We should go and hook you up with him!” Kyungsoo squealed.

“Yah! Kyungsoo!” Kai hits Kyungsoo’s arm. 

“Oh… No… It’s ok…He has a boyfriend that he’s been with since they were teenagers.”

“Oh… Are you friends with them?”

“Yeah… They treat me like family. I started to see them both as my older brothers.”

“Well… Here goes class 1-A.” Kyungsoo stops in front of a door. “Good luck!” He smiles. “Oh… and Kai…” He kisses him and I feel a weird pang in my heart and just enter the classroom.

“What’s wrong with me? What is this feeling? Why do I feel angry and upset?” I don’t know or understand these feelings… What are they, and why won’t they go away?

Class starts and everyone introduces themselves, and I found out that Kim Jong In is Kai’s r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter