8. Romeo and Juliet

Residence of The Moon

Chapter 8: Romeo and Juliet

 

It was 7 P.M when Himchan was doing his book report at the library. Behind him sat quietly his servant, Jongup, who also did the same. Jongup gave his full concentration on his paper since the literature subject he took needed a lot more understanding to analyze the motives. Jongup pressed the ‘delete’ button for like a thousand times since he began his work. He didn’t find the correct words to support his argument.

He took a deep sigh. The paper he was working out was about analyzing Shakespeare’s famous play, Romeo and Juliet. It was all about love. But Jongup had no feeling at all towards that work. Maybe it was because he was inexperienced in love. Or maybe he just disliked the end of the play where Romeo could never reunite with Juliet.

Technically, Jongup had never been in love.

“Little bored here,” Himchan said suddenly. His handsome face popped out from the book he read before. He threw the book to the table, not in mood to read more.

Jongup quickly closed his laptop and he faced Himchan, he agreed with him, but found himself lost for words. So he just looked certainly at Himchan. Waiting to be given an order.

Himchan scrutinized the younger face. Jongup definitely had the best face ever, he thought. His jaw shaped perfectly and he also has the small eyes that made him even looked cuter. And his lip…. That delicious petite lips…

Himchan shook his head. What was he thinking?!

Heck, maybe he was just desperately lonely because he hadn’t been spoken with Sunhwa for like two months since they were forced to break up. Maybe he just needed the distraction.

“Let’s go get something to drink!” Himchan stood up and walked out of the library, followed by Jongup who hurriedly put all his belongings –laptop, books, and research paper, into his hand in one grab.

Jongup asked his Young Master, “What would you like to eat, Young Master? I will prepare it as we arrive to your quarter.”

“No, you don’t have to prepare anything. Today is my turn,” Himchan answered, chuckled lightly due to Jongup’s confused expression.

What did he mean?

His turn?

 

 

Jongup worries came to reality.

Right in front of him, Himchan non-stop-laughing at some random things –and random talks echoed in this room. His face was all red, and eyes getting darker due to the alcohol that stream across his body.

Himchan raised his glass, mumbled something incoherently he couldn’t even comprehend the meaning.

“To my father!” Himchan half screaming.

Jongup who was in total consciousness tried to hold Himchan down to the floor, afraid if he would take dangerous action that would make them two in trouble, “—who forced me to break up with Sunhwa! And to forced me to be the ing King!” he screamed again but this time louder.

Himchan was totally drunk.

Jongup panicked, he quickly covered Himchan’s mouth. Hoping that nobody heard what Himchan just said now. The elder just give in, not attacking Jongup like the previous minutes. The Prince didn’t have more energy to protest him. So he  followed what the servant did to him.

Fortunately they were in the Jaseondang (Prince quarter). Himchan ordered all his servants at his quarter to leave. So there were just they two at the quarter.

Himchan let go of Jongup’s hand from his mouth, he swore to the boy, “Who the hell are you? Don’t you ever tried to stop me!!”

“Young Master, you’re drunk. Just stop it.” for thousand times Jongup had spoken, but Himchan were never there to listen him.

Himchan shook his head, “Don’t wanna! Himchannie is soo sad…” The Prince tapped his heart, “ Himchannie wanted to forget Sunhwa but he couldn’t!” Himchan cried his heart out, he sat in the floor and pouted, “What should your stupid hyung do, Jongup-ah?”

Jongup couldn’t bear to see Himchan in such state, “Young Master….Let me bring you to your bedroom. You can catch a cold if you keep sitting here.” Jongup wrapped his arm around Himchan’s torso to bring him up.

The Prince finally gave up and leaned his body to his only servant. Feeling a sudden weight against his shoulder, Jongup tried to balance his walk and guide Himchan to his bedroom.

“Jongup-ah?” Himchan murmured under his half consciousness.

“Yes?” Jongup still busy to tuck Himchan to sleep, he tried to pull blanket over the drunken Prince.

Himchan’s eyes opened, “Don’t leave.”

He quickly nodded, “Yes Yo…Young M-Master.” After putting Himchan to bed, he pulled a chair so he can sit beside Himchan. Not long after, Himchan drifted to a deep sleep while Jongup was still wide awake. He just couldn’t sleep after all. Instead, he voluntarily scrutinized the innocent face of Kim Himchan. Jongup didn’t know why he did this, but sleeping Himchan was too beautiful to resist.

Ey? What? Did he think Himchan is beautiful?

No way. Jongup shook his head. It is a fact that Himchan has a beautiful face -everyone knows that, but thinking of his Young Master that way in the middle of his sleep just made himself sounded like a ert.

He should leave. Yeah, he should leave before his brain made another strange thing.

Just the moment when Jongup was about to leave his chair, one arm prevent him by doing so. He couldn’t stabilize himself. The balance on his body gone, his figure slipped to the right side, and he fell on top of Himchan.

Himchan -in his state of unconsciousness, whimpered, “Don’t leave me alone…” he grasped his arm around Jongup’s slender waist, looking for comfort and warmth. But that just made the younger boy trembling.

Heartbeat fast. Drops of sweat formed rapidly. Blood boiled in his vein.

He was too close. Too ing close with Himchan. Just a few centimeters away until he could taste the lips of his Young Master. His mind was at war now, whether to leave Himchan alone, or not to leave. And finally, he gave in to the devilish thought that seemed quite tempting.

Well, one quick kiss shouldn’t be a problem.

 

Continued

 

author's note:

I know I am a bad author. It been way too long since I updated. Sorry! Sorry! I am sorry TT.TT