5. Saved

Residence of The Moon

Chapter 5: Saved

 

Sunhee couldn’t hide her anxiety. Not at this time when her lovely cousin was in punishment and Jongup knelt all day long begging for the King to forgive him.

“Young Mistress, you shouldn’t run!” she heard her servant called her but she kept running. She didn’t care that she actually violate The Princess’ Etiquette which stated that running while wearing hanbok is forbidden. She was worried about her cousin and most importantly, Jongup.

She passed through several people before she finally had a full sight of a boy kneeling in the centre of the field. She saw Jongup there, wearing a white hanbok. His face grew paler the longer the boy kneels under the heated sun.

“Jongup! Please stop,” Sunhee ran toward him. Tried to stop his action, but Jongup ignored her.

“Young Mistress,” Jongup answered as Sunhee tried to get him up, “Don’t do this,” his voice turned hoarse, evidence from six hours under the sun without any water.

“You’ll get sick if you do this. Himchan oppa will not like it, Jongup-ah,” Sunhee persuaded by tagging Himchan’s name along in her answer.

Jongup shook his limp head, he tried to keep his knees on the ground. Even though it was hurting him –physically and mentally, he wasn’t going to give up until The King forgive Himchan and release him from the punishment. “No. Young Master got the punishment because of me,” that’s what Jongup think. “I failed to protect him. I am a bad servant.”

Sunhee sighed. Talking didn’t change his mind, she turned her head to Minjae –her servant, “Go to Yongguk oppa now tell him to change The King’s mind, and release Himchan, otherwise this poor boy will die!” Sunhee seemed to exaggerate situation.

Sunhee knew well that her plan would work. Yongguk –his other cousins, was one of The King’s favorite. Yongguk was the chief of security for the palace. The King probably listened to everything Yongguk told to him. That was because Yongguk was so talented and smart.

Minjae nodded and quickly went to the King’s quarter. Sunhee turned back to Jongup, who looked ill and pathetic, “Jongup, get up now. Everything will be allright. I promise you Himchan will be released in no time. Now, get your feet up! Palli!”

Jongup freezed, “No. I won’t get up until I see Young master by myself. Thank you Young Mistress. But you should not get involved with this.”

Sunhee wanted to argue when somebody’s hand stopped her from what she is going to do, “What–” she stopped when she saw a handsome figure behind him. Daehyun. She had no idea since when Daehyun had stood beside her.

“Just do what he told you. Don’t make the situation worse,” Daehyun said plainly to her.

Sunhee wanted to retort but the strong hands of Daehyun dragged her out of the field, “Ya! Ya! Pabo! What the hell are you doing?!?

 

 

Himchan sat silently. The room was always dark, but his heart was even darker. He felt pang in his chest, being forced to break his relationship with Sunhwa was the worst thing happened in his life. He should have known that their love would end like this. He shouldn’t have approached that girl before he finally said ‘I love you’ to her. Now he could imagine that Sunhwa crying out in her bedroom.

He shed a silent tear.

Bam! A door opened, and light suddenly burst into the room. Himchan looked up to see the figure and found Yongguk.

“Yongguk? What are you doing here?” he asked, suddenly standing up.

Yongguk, still in his military uniform, followed by his assistant –Junhong, made a hurry expression in his face. “Come, you have been freed.”

“Freed? What? How come the King forgives me so easily? Shouldn’t I be here for a whole week??” Himchan didn’t stop asking. This is very peculiar that his father forgave him this way. He knew his father was the most disciplined person in this world. This couldn’t happen.

“Don’t ask too much. Now get your shoes on and we are leaving immediately!!” Yongguk yelled at him.

Himchan flinched but he did as he told. Never in a million years somebody dared to yell at him other than Yongguk. However, Himchan was fine anyway. They were like brothers since they were born at this palace.

Himchan whispered to Junhong as they were walking down the long corridor, “What actually happened?”

Few guards gave him a bow as Himchan passed them.

Junhong gave him a concerned look, “This is all because of Jongup-hyung…”

Himchan eyes went wide, “What did you mean?” Lot of questions popped up in his head, why Jongup’s name suddenly appeared in the middle of this matter between his father and him?

They arrived at Yongguk’s car. A black jeep. Typical car that Yongguk would buy.

Yongguk turned to the other side since he was the one who drives. That’s because his assistant was still a minor he couldn’t drive a car yet. The engine started.

“Jongup-hyung knelt before The King for a whole day, begging for your freedom.” Junhong answered fastly, since suddenly rain poured over them.

Himchan freezed, not expecting that his little pabo servant will do this for him. The wound in his heart grew even bigger now.

Impatient, Yongguk yelled at him, again, from inside the car. He didn’t mean it though, he just worried over the other boy who might be still in difficult situation now. “Himchan! If you wanted to save your Jongup, Get your in the car now!”

 

 

 

“Jongup-ah, just a little, okay?” Sunhee persuaded Jongup to at least drink a little amount of water she brought to him.

Jongup shook his head. He had been almost ten hours under the sun. He did this because he wanted to save Himchan no matter what. He had decided. That starting from now, he wanted to take a good care of his Young Master. That means he is willing to do this sacrifice. Kneeling and fasting until the King forgive his young master.

Jongup shook his head. Though his vision got blurred and his head felt heavier, he didn’t want to give in. Accept the drink and food Sunhee offered to him will just ruin his sacrifice.

“Just let him, Sunhee-ya,” Daehyun spoke to her. “Your effort is useless.” Daehyun didn’t even dare to see Jongup. That situation was hurting him. Though he did hate that kid, but he was not that wicked to see him suffering like this. He couldn’t imagine if his servant -Youngjae was in Jongup’s shoes like this. Argh, he didn’t want to picture Youngjae that way, “Let’s go Youngjae.”

For some reason Daehyun was right. Sunhee stood again and looked at Daehyun and Youngjae behind her.

Seeing the sad face on Sunhee’s face, Youngjae –Daehyun’s servant— finally spoke, “We can accompany Jongup if you want.”

Sunhee smiled, she knew Youngjae was a sweet-heart meanwhile Daehyun was the opposite. “See! Your servant is even sweeter than you!”

Daehyun rolled his eyes to Youngjae. Gave him a what-the-hell-did-you-just-say, however Youngjae just gave him a cute smile. “But I don’t want to stand under the sun! Go sit instead!” the Prince commanded.

The other kids followed. And they found a big pot to sit. Sunhee eyes never stop watched the poor Jongup.

Jongup took a deep sigh. He felt a heavy headache over him. Everything became blurred in his eyes. And his knees hurts a lot, he even can smell blood forming on the bruises.

He staggered, but suddenly balanced himself using his hand. Once his hand felt the ground, it suddenly bleed due to the sharp gravels underneath it. Jongup yelped, but he didn’t want to show his weakness to everyone. He returned to his position.

Just a little bit more, Jongup. He told himself.

Suddenly, a rain came pouring down. Every minute it was getting heavier. He just hoped God would give him all the strength he needs.

 

 

 

Jonguppie!” he heard a familiar voice rang in his ear. That pet name he loved.

He scanned all over the place and found a tall figure ran towards him. He yelled, “Young Master!” he wanted to run, but his foot didn’t let him,  it was way too weak now. Instead, he fell hard to the wet ground. Splashing a big amount of dirty sand to his white hanbok.

He leaned on his hand, but his body were trembling hard. He needed to get up now, to his Young Master.

He tried again, but failed for another time. He expected a sudden hit with the earth, but all he got was Himchan’s hand holding his waist.

He could see Himchan’s face now, that somewhat could give him a pure tranquil in his heart, “Young Master, you are saved,” he said.

Himchan gave him a worried look, “You stupid! Of course I’m saved! Now let’s go Jonguppie.” Himchan helped Jongup to stand up, but Jongup fell again.

His Young Master was saved.

Saved.

All of sudden, he couldn’t control himself. He felt the headache getting worse, and his body couldn’t receive more. Jongup tried to open his eyes, but he couldn’t.

He couldn’t until the all he could see was blackness. 

 

 

Continued


author's note: pleaseee give your comments, thoughts or anything. bcs reader's comments are the precious thing in this world...

love you~~

Matokisses <3 <3 <3 <3