4. "I love her, Father!"

Residence of The Moon

Chapter 4: "I love her, Father!"

 

They returned to Korea the day after. When he accompanied Himchan to Jaseondang (Prince’s quarter) , the King and Queen had been waiting for them inside –unexpectedly. Jongup felt uneasy when he also saw his father there. His father, standing behind the Royals, glared at him. Jongup assumed that there must be something wrong.

Himchan gave a deep bow to his Parents. “Your son feels honored to have Your Majesty in his quarter.”

Jongup also gave his salute to the King and Queen. Just then he saw that the King’s expression was not very pleasant.

“What have you done?” the King asked. Himchan frowned, not understanding his father’s inquiry.

“What did you mean, Father?” he asked back.

The King unpleasant expression didn’t cease. He stood and handed Himchan a piles of photos. Himchan saw it and his facial expression turned instantly.

He bowed once again, “I’m sorry, Father! This all my fault.”

Jongup was confused. What was actually going on? He was standing behind so he couldn’t see what made Himchan apologize to his father.

The King stood in front of Himchan. Eyes turned red, ready to yell at him.

“Look what have you done! Your careless action made a horrible mess for the palace!!” he roared. Enough to break all the glasses in this palace.

Jongup gasped, knowing that at this situation, he should defend and protect Himchan. He quickly bent on his knees, face facing at the floor. “I’m sorry Your Highness. Please forgive him!” he begged.

The king’s anger multiplied for the two boys. This morning, he received piles of photos that showed The Prince kissed a girl in front of the restaurant in Japan. This suddenly became a hot topic at the Palace. He ordered the staff to look for what had actually happened. How the Prince even got in such relationship while he knew that ‘relationship’ is forbidden. Yes, it is forbidden. Because Prince should marry the girl The King chose.

“It is not your fault, Jongup. Don’t get involved with this,” The King said to Jongup, “Himchan, you must get the punishment after this.”

Jongup couldn’t let this happen. He knew what Himchan did at Japan –secretly dating Sunhwa was not right, but he didn’t forbid him. That’s definitely his fault. Jongup’s fault. If he could stop him and told him about the consequences, this would not happen.

“Your Highness! Please do not punish Young Master. I am begging you. Young Master’s life is precious, he is the heir of this Kingdom. His life and health must remain as the top priority. Please, consider your decision, Your Highness.” Jongup tried to change the King’s mind.

“No. I am not going to change my mind,” The King stated, “You must break this relationship with her. Sunhwa is nothing compared to Hye Ah.”

Himchan’s eyes started to water, “But… Father! I love her!”

Once the King had stated his opinion he would never take it back, he ignored Himchan, “Take Prince to the isolation room. Locked him for the whole week.”

Jongup tensed. No way! No way his prince got into the isolation room! Himchan hated dark. And Jongup knew very well how scared Himchan will be to be in such dark place like that so-called isolation room.

Some people in black suit grabbed Himchan in his arm. Himchan stuggled to break free “Father! Please! I love her! I love her just like you love mom!! Father!”

Himchan’s voice faded out as the black suited mad dragged him outside the quarter. Jongup dared to face the King, “Your Highness. Please don’t punish Young Master, you can punish me instead.”

“Stop it Jongup, you can stand now,” Jongup did what he told, “Sometimes, that brat should learn how to life like a Prince.” The King said and left him in disappointment. Not long after, all the people left the room. Except his father.

His father, who was the chief of Royal’s Staff in the palace, looked disappointedly at Jongup. “Jongup, what are you doing? As his servant, you should protect Young Master from doing any mistakes. You should have warned him that dating a girl outside the palace is not right. What came into your mind, Jongup-ah?”

Jongup burst in tears, “I don’t know, Father. I didn’t know then.”

His father just patted his shoulder before leaving him, “Luckily, The King didn’t see your mistakes. You should learn from this, Jongup.”

Jongup vision blurred, his knees fell on the floor. Mind wondering whether Himchan is in fear now. Having those images flashes in his head, he voluntarily shed another tears. It should be him that got punished. Not his Young Master Himchan.

 

Continued

 


author's note : Sorry it took me too long >///<

But, now I give you double updates.

Yeayyyyy