7. Promises

Residence of The Moon

Chapter 7: Promises

 

Jongup had promised Daehyun not to tell this ‘incident’ to anybody.

At first, Daehyun was a bit angry, and also embarrassed knowing the fact that Jongup had caught his sensuous action with Youngjae. He couldn’t control his mouth and ended up cursing Jongup for his being here and not accompanying Himchan in the class. But Jongup calmed Daehyun that he wouldn’t tell this to anybody. He promised him that he would shut his mouth.

Both Daehyun and Youngjae felt relieved. They knew Jongup was trustworthy and he would never break his promise. Youngjae thanked Jongup for keeping this secret.

Jongup, even though his legs still trembling from shock, tried his best to look normal as usual. “I’ll keep my promise, Youngjae-ya.”

Jongup fully understand that Master-Servant relationship was forbidden at this Palace. Straight was punishable enough, but slash-relationship? That means an instant death for the couple.

Youngjae’s smile was so genuine when he looks at Daehyun. Jongup knew that his love towards Daehyun is pure, that nobody would break those two apart.

He liked Youngjae, as friend. That’s why he was willing to help them hide this kind of relationship.

Jongup recalled his memory when he was at first year. Youngjae was like his most reliable hyung when he first came to the ‘servant-camp’ to receive several training and introduction before become a royal servant. Youngjae had done a great job taking care of him for the first year. He helped Jongup to understand the Royal’s Rules, etiquettes, negotiation, and many more. Now this was time for Jongup to pay his kindness.

Daehyun secretly saw from the corner of his eyes, he somewhat didn’t like this kid –Jongup. He didn’t know why. He just didn’t like him. Perhaps his rivalry with Himchan made him hate Jongup too. Since Jongup was Himchan’s servant.

Well, it had been public consumption that Daehyun didn’t have a good relationship with Himchan. The two Princes always fight ever since they were kid. Daehyun had his reason why he dislikes Himchan very much. That’s because something in the past he couldn’t forgive.

Daehyun finally spoke, “What do you want?”

That question made Jongup flinched, what did he want? Gosh, why did Daehyun had such manner?

Youngjae glared at his Young Master for saying such ungrateful words to Jongup who was willing to protect their relationship, “Young Master!”

Jongup couldn’t believe what he heard. Daehyun’s word upset him. However, Jongup could not express his feeling. He knew his position. Daehyun was a Prince, and he was a servant —for heaven sake— he could have never won against him.

“You know I don’t like you and especially your Master. Did you use this situation coincidently just to make me felt grateful to you and finally leave you living in peace? Holy , Jongup. Even though you offered me a help to hide my affair with Youngjae, I would never stop hating both of you. Specially that Kim ing Himchan!”

The way Daehyun cussed Himchan sore Jongup’s heart way too deep. He didn’t consent that his lovely Young Master received that humiliation.

Jongup’s eyes started to water, “Prince Daehyun, how can a precious kind of you leave such disgusting words to Young Master?!” Jongup couldn’t handle it anymore. He let his anger colonialized him.

The bells rang.

“You always bring your history anywhere. But the fact is the King now is not your Father anymore! You are no longer the Crown Prince in this Palace. And should I add that Himchan never wanted to be the Crown Prince either. He never wanted it! Never!

Since little, Young Master always considered you were his lovely dongsaeng. He loved you as his cousin and also as a friend. But everything changed when the former King died, and Himchan replaced your position as a Crown Prince. That’s when you started to hate him. Since that time Young Master’s life turned miserable. He lost his freedom, he was forced to be a King, and importantly he lost his favorite cousin!”

Jongup wiped his wet cheek using his back palm, “Now how do you feel, Prince Daehyun?” his body trembling for saying those hurtful history of the two Princes and also from confronting Jung Daehyun right on his face.

Daehyun was about to speak when the sound of Kim Himchan echoed through the corridor.

“Jongup! What takes you so long?” Himchan half yelled, though his voice didn’t seem angry, it was just his habit anyway.

Just as he got closer to Jongup and saw what’s in his view, Himchan’s expression turned drastically. “Jung Daehyun! What did you do to him?!”

Daehyun looked at Himchan. Deep in his thought he felt guilty, but his pride prevented him to show that kind of feeling. No way, there’s no possibility he took back his revenge toward that person.

Himchan turned his attention to Jongup cautiously, checking if there were any harm or Daehyun’s bully mark on his servant, “Are you okay, Jongup-ah?”

Jongup nodded, “I’m okay, Young Master. We just had a little talk. I was extremely happy since Prince Daehyun and Youngjae willing to accompany me to deliver your Ice Americano,” Jongup totally lying and he just realized that his hand was empty. Jongup was definitely bad at lying.

A furrow formed on the Prince forehead, he felt something strange here. Jongup must hide something from him, “I don’t see it in your hands.”

Jongup panicked, what excuse should he make?

“That was an incident. Your beloved servant clumsily slipped off and that’s the result,” all of sudden Daehyun spoke. His hand pointed at the mess of Ice Americano on the floor.

Himchan asked Jongup cautiously, “Is that right?” both of his hands were on his shoulder.

The latter just nodded in response. His eyes looked straight at his Young Master, pretended to look convinced.

“Yes,” was all his answer.

Continued

 

author's note:

so, here is just a short update.. and i revealed a bit of himchan-daehyun's past secret.

hope you like it ^^

and please give your comment, i want to hear your thought in this story :))