2. Holiday

Residence of The Moon

 

Chapter 2: Holiday

 

“Japan?” Jongup suddenly asked when Himchan told him that he wanted to change his schedule. “But next week you will have a meeting with the ministers.” Jongup re-checked the agenda in his hands. Himchan surely had a very packed schedule besides school; meetings, seminars, blah blah blah. But suddenly he wanted the next week to be cleared. That made Jongup confused.

“It couldn’t be easy. I am worried you couldn’t make it,” said Jongup.

Himchan, who wore a nice white polo shirt and a hat with golf stick beside him just smiled. He hit the golf ball with the head of his stick. “Actually I already received permission from Dad. So, all you gonna do is just pack your clothes because we are heading tonight.”

“To-tonight?!” Jongup almost dropped his agenda. Really? Tonight? Holiday? Japan? Just Himchan and him?

The thought made him flew to sky high.

Jongup was in rush when he came into his bedroom. He only able to put a few shirts and a pair of formal suit –in case he should accompany Himchan to the formal occasion, because he didn’t have much time to think so he just grabbed all things he could. Not long after, he was ready when a limousine parked in front of the gate of his dorm.

He hopped in and met Himchan in his very nice look. Himchan wore a casual outfit. A simple v-neck shirt and black shorts. But it looked stunning in Jongup’s eyes. It was simple yet so beautiful in his eyes. Well, in fact, everything Himchan wore was always did him in a good way.

Jongup sat silently beside his Young Master. He felt nervous. He didn’t expect this to happen now. A holiday just for Himchan and him. Jongup thought this would be the greatest gift for his whole life.

“Young Master,” Jongup nervously asked, “…h-how long will the holiday be?”

Himchan glared at Jongup, part of himself tired of being called Young Master by Jongup. They had been friends since toddler, and Himchan just missed the moment when Jongup still called him “Himchan-hyung” just like few years ago before the King chose Jongup to be his servant.

“Eyyy, don’t call me Young Master! I want to hear that ‘Himchan-hyung’ again from your mouth.”

Jongup blushed, he couldn’t face Himchan, “But that must be infringement for the rules, Young Master.”

“No,” Himchan shook his head, “That is not infringement because that was my order. Got that?”

Jongup lift his head, his eyes looked at the most handsome creature on this earth, he nodded, regardless he must obey all of His order, “Y-yes Young Master-“

“Hyung!” Himchan reminded.

“Yes…hyung.” He quickly looked away before Himchan noticed his blush.

 

***

 

Jongup still couldn’t believe it. Right in front of his eyes was a very beautiful beach. A mesmerizing scene in his sight able to freeze him –not doing anything. The beaches had very smooth sand, it almost soothed his feet. The blue sky matched with the waters that reflected the sun ray in such a very beautiful way. The wind caressed his cheeks softly, made him chuckled because the tease of nature to him.

Jongup thought this place must be like a heaven.

“Come on Jongup, I have something to show you.” A sound suddenly appeared, Jongup turned his head and saw Himchan smiled next to him.

If this place was considered as a heaven, so Himchan must be the residence of it.

This place matched perfectly with Himchan’s endless beauty. The Prince fitted right with the landscape.

“Where to go, Young M- I mean, Hyung?” Jongup asked as his hand grabbed by the Prince. He didn’t have the idea where Himchan brought him.

“Just wait and see,” Himchan made Jongup run with him. Jongup just followed his Young Master until he stopped and stood in awe for the other scenery.

“What is that, hyung?” Jongup asked. Himchan giggled.

“That is a tree, babo!” he laughed, and his laughter became bigger and bigger by the time passed by. He felt happy because he finally could act normally. Sometimes, the Royal’s Regulation suffocated him so he couldn’t breathe freely. All Himchan’s wanted was a normal life, but he only owned it until the age of eight when suddenly his father made him the Crown Prince.

Jongup just chuckled alongside him. He rarely heard that laugh from Himchan since a long time ago. He felt happy that finally Himchan could have the holiday and they could play like they were in the childhood back then.

“This is called the tree of hope, Jongup,” Himchan finally explained, “You can write down your hope on the shell, and you hang it on its branches. By doing so, people believe their hopes will be granted.”

Jongup made an ‘oh’ gesture. He looked back at the tree. Hundreds of shells hung in there, glittered under the sunbeams. The tree looked whimsical but has sense of magical in it, yet it was so beautiful to be seen. Jongup bent his knees, looked for some shells to be hung on. He finally found a pair, one has a grayish color while the other one was pinkish.

He gave one which has a pinkish colour to Himchan, “Let’s make our hope, Hyung!”

Himchan nodded and run towards the tree. Near that tree, there was a marker provided for the visitor who wanted to write their hope on the shell. Jongup quickly wrote in and hung it. Himchan followed after him.

“My hope is that I could marry someone I loved. What is your hope?” Himchan asked. Jongup only smiled and shook his head.

“I’m not going to tell you,” he teased the older. Jongup quickly run before Himchan got him.

“Ya! You naughty dongsaeng!!” Himchan run after Jongup. Fortunately, he had longer legs that gave more benefits for him. He easily grabbed Jongup and they both fell down to the ground.

“Hahahahaha, Hyung don’t tickle me!” Jongup laughed from pain in his stomach.

Himchan couldn’t stop tickling Jongup, “Don’t wanna. This is your punishment!”

 

***

 

That night he couldn’t sleep. Today was way too impossible to happen. He saw Himchan in his casual self after a long time which is something pleasant in Jongup’s eyes. They played together on the beach, and even laughed at each other. Of all, the best part was he finally saw his Adonis smile.

He decided to at least have a fresh air because the atmosphere in his room was suffocating. He slid his foot into his shoes and began to walk around the resort. The cold wind had him hug himself, Thank God, he brought the jacket with him.

He stopped at the large pond. It was thematically Japan traditional garden style. The light was dim, but it still bright enough to see everything through his small eyes. He could see the full moon seemed to smile and embrace him. Its moonbeam mirrored in the surface of the water, made him able to see the dancing Kois inside it. Jongup smiled, again. Feeling the calm of nature comforted him. He suddenly yawned, thanks to the nature for accompanying him tonight. He decided to back to his room when he heard a noise.

“We’ll meet again, tomorrow,” said that voice he truly recognized. Jongup suddenly hid behind the bushes. He quietly listened. He saw his Young Master talking to a woman wearing a mini pink dress that swinging along with the wind.

“Okay, but I don’t want to be seen,” the woman replied. Her hands touched Himchan’s arm. Himchan smiled.

He caressed her cheek very smoothly, “I know. I tried. Now, good night baby. You need to rest.” Himchan leaned closer and soon he put his lips on her.

Jongup gasp. Did he just see Himchan …. No, his Young Master kissed a woman?

Jongup tried to close his mouth by his hand. He couldn’t believe what he just saw. They were kissing, right in front of his eyes. He fell to the ground, eyes started to tear. He left a silent sob.

Why his heart felt really painful? Why?

 

Continued


author's note:

Thank you for reading! So.... this is chapter two! Yeah~ Sorry for taking a long time

In this chapter they had holiday to Japan. Yippiee !! And there is kind of particular beach they were in. But I don't know the name of beaches in Japan (sorry). When I wrote the scene (in which they played at the beach) I imagine that they were playing in tombolo. Do you know tombolo? If not, try to google ^^ and imagine them playing happily on the sand :))

I know it is kind of short, because I'm not kind of super author who can write more than seven pages per chapter (my apologize).

At last, see you next chapter ^_^

xoxo