1

Living with Taemin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Key, are you sure you want to go through with this? He is gay, after all.” Yuri said to her son as he packed his last suitcase with his remaining clothes. She traced her fingers over the now empty shelves and bit her lip to stop herself from crying. Her baby was growing up.

 

“Umma, I’m positive. I’m only moving to Seoul, it’s not like I’m going that far.” He zipped his case up and placed it next to the other one that was already packed and ready. His whole nineteen years of existence fit into two  suitcases. Granted, they were actually quite large and they had a fair amount of compartments, but it just felt weird. “As for Minnie, it doesn’t bother me. I have been dealing with it for all this time now.”

 

Yuri nodded and pat her son’s shoulder. “I want you to have fun for me, you hear?” There were tears forming in her eyes and Key felt a hint of guilt as he wrapped his arms around her.

 

A car horn sounded from outside and Key found himself pulling away from his mother and dragging his suitcases down the stairs of his house. With a sigh, he stepped onto the lawn and made his way to the black porsche that was Taemin’s car.

 

The younger boy enveloped him in a hug and helped him with his bags, packing them into the trunk of the car.

 

“Seoul. here we come!” Taemin said once they were ready to go. He grinned at Key and pulled out of the driveway. 

 

_____

 

The car drive to Seoul was fun, with the two boys breaking out into severe song at almost track on the radio, When EXO had started playing, Key was actually scared they were going to swerve off of the road and end up dead in a ditch. He made a mental note to look up when that band was coming to Seoul to get tickets for Taemin.

 

“Hey Minnie?” Key questioned softly, turning the radio down a bit to talk to his friend.

 

Taemin turned his eyes from the road slightly to look at Key. “How can I help you umma?” He retaliated, a mischievous grin on his face.

 

“I was just wondering if we should sort out rules. Like, for when I have girls over and you have guys and such y’know?” He leant his elbow on the door of the car, smiling widely.

 

The younger boy chuckled softly. “Well, how about we text of call each other on that night and the other can be super cautious when coming home?”

 

Key just shrugged and squeezed Taemin’s shoulder. “What would I do without you?”

 

“Well, you wouldn’t have a job, for one.” He muttered, shooting a wink at his best friend and umma.

 

That was true. It was all Taemin’s idea to apply for teaching assistant positions at one of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter