||~8~||

Stormy night at Serendipity...

I could not sleep the entire night. To say I had butterflies would be an understatement.

There was not a single day I have not regretted leaving that morning, and not a single day passed by without me day-dreaming about the day I would meet him... if I would even get to meet him again.

The feelings, the sense of contentment when I was in his arms, how much the moment had felt right when he whispered he loved me... it all came back.

It was only once, he was famous and the whole thing was beyond ridiculous... but it was so... right.

And when the morning came, I was a nervous bumbling wreck. Lau seemed to notice a change but he did not push me, probably attributing it to my nerves over my first assignment.

Someone announced that EXO arrived on the venue and were getting ready.

I tried hard to concentrate on setting up the area for the shoot hoping it would take my mind off. I checked double checked the cameras, venue, lighting...everything.

I was engrossed in discussing a particular scene with Lau when the 12 idols walked in the area.

As I looked up, all the butterflies returned with double the force and when I saw him, in all his glory, I literally went weak in my knees.

He was talking to a group of 4 of s and a girl, probably a co ordinator. She was pretty. Much more than me. I saw him smiling at her, he winked at her, he looked happy.

A twinge of dissapointment nagged at me. 

Since the day I met him, I have thought about him constantly. And after the night at Serendipity, my life literally became before Kevin and after Kevin. But seeing him happy brought back all the doubts that made me leave him the next morning.

He was well... he was Kris Wu. But he did whisper those three words that made me ecstatic with joy. But we only knew each other for 3 hours tops. 

I shoved the thoughts off as Lau led me to the group to introduce me as their main photographer for today's shoot. I slapped a polite smile on to my face as they all turned to me and bowed.

Kris saw me, his eyes widened a fraction and I saw recognition in them but the next second it was gone.

There was a polite smile on his lips, those lips that made me go crazy but his eyes were cold. The last time his eyes looked at me, they were warm, full of wonder and promise. Now they were distant and tears pricked my eyes as I looked into them.

All I could do was bow and turn away.

I was right, it was a one time thing for him. Foolish girl! You should have ed him and forgotten. All the anticipation of he 'proffesed love'... I can not believe I fell for that bull crap.

Next 12 hours were agonizingly painful.

Looking at his face through the lens, through the monitor... those eyes. By the time they announced a wrap for the day and EXO left in their respective vans, all I wanted to do was curl up somewhere and my wounds.

He left... but I would see him tomorrow again. The thought of going through this hell again tomorrow made me shudder.

I blankly nod to all the pats on my back for work well done. Out of nowhere Lau rushes to me, hugs and twirls me around, "You were fabulous, honey!"

That brings a smile to my face as I bury my head in the crook of his neck, "I'm so proud of you", he laughs.

But instead of letting go of him, I just hold on tighter as tears threaten to fall. He seems to notice something is wrong so he gently pries away and looks at you full in the face.

"Arya, what's wrong!?" he tilts my chip up.

My lip quivers but I maintain my composure, "Lau, thanks... but can I be excused from the project?"

He looks startled at my sudden request, "Baby, but this is your one big chance up... why would you even say that?!"

I look pleadingly into his eyes, but his face hardens as he lets go of me and says with authority, "No, Arya. You did a good job today and you will report back here at 7.00 am sharp for tomorrow's shoot. You will finish this project. Then you can do as you please."

I nod mutely, turning away, but Lau pulls me back, "Sweety, I don't know what this is about but as long as I'm your supervisor, I'm not letting you make such horrendous mistake. Remember: What ever it is, it's not worth how hard you've worked for this the past six months", his voice soft but strict, "Imagine, we no..you are this close to get an offer for the season. So many hot guys!" he grins.

I chuckle slightly at that, "Don't let Hae-rin unni hear that, or she'll think you are gay."

He winks at me and leans into kiss my forehead, "I'd offer you a ride and a drink but I promised her I'd take her out today. It's our one month anniversary", he smiles apologetically.

I nod and push him away, but he turns back once to say, "Take care", and leaves.

I take a deep breath and decide to stop for a drink somewhere.

I drive to the nearest restaurant. The sweet guy at the counter suggests I try out their new roof garden arrangement. I agree.

I sip my wine slowly as I sit at one end of the skywalk overlooking the city. There seem to be couples everywhereand I try to not feel too bitter about the whole thing.

What bitter? What else did you expect? I chide myself.

Just then, familiar music wafts in the air as Shawn Colvin's voice sings 'When you know'

When you know that you know who you love, you can't deny it. 
Or go back, or give up, or pretend that you don't buy it. 
When it's clear this time you've found the one, you'll never let him go 
Cos you know and you know that you know. 

You can feel love surround you like the sky 'round the moon.
This is how love has found you, now you know what to do. 

And it's time you come in from the cold. 
Haaa... 
And you know that you know.

 

Finally, I let a tear fall. I realized then that I may have fallen in love with that man. And it was gonna be hell of a pain to get over him.

I wish the damn song would end but the restaurant also seemed to have cruel sense of humor because the bloody song is on a loop. I raise my hand summoning the nearest waiter, "Why is this song on a loop?", I ask hotly, startling him, "I want it off the loop, please."

"Ma'am, its a pre planned ocassion, one of our patrons is proposing", the waiter informs me apologitically.

I roll my eyes, bile rising in my throat. I hate this...the cheesy gestures, everything. Stupid patron and stupid girl who is getting proposed. I was feeling bitter, bitter ... bitter.

I don't get to have what is probably the love of my life, so I will be bitter to every happy ending, I think mulishly as I clear my cheque and finally try to get out of the over sickening setup before the whole drama starts.

In my haste I take a wrong turn and end up at the backside of the same restaurant which seemed to be completely isolated. The blasted song starts again and music here is so much more clear that I feel like clawing at my ears to make it stop.

Before I can search for the stairs however, I feel a hand on my shoulder, "May I have this dance?"

At this point, I'm so far gone, that I turn around and shriek at the insolent fool who asked me to dance.

"What is your problem? Can't you see a girl just wants to get the hell out before witnessing some cheesy bastard proposing to his girlfriend? Especially when the girl- which is me, yes- realized that her one true love of her entire bloody life might have just used her or worse used her and does not remember her. I mean I'm no babe in the woods but how can that bastard NOT remember me when he bloody whispered I Love You to me over and over? Oh yeah, so you met her at a hotdog stand and then at a diner and finally on highway...I mean HOW CAN HE EVEN FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT!" I sobbed falling to my knees, not caring who sees my drama.

I feel gentle pats on my back and the dance guy murmurs, "It's okay.. it's okay."

I sniff, "I mean... I'm in bloody jeans and snickers... not even dressed for the dance. How can you even..." 

The man chuclkes, his voice deeply rumbling, "I can see why he went crazy...You know, the cheesy bastard is actually not proposig to his girlfriend?" he says.

"Huh?" I sniff in between my sobs, my face still in my hands.

"Well, the cheesy bastard you were talking about.. he actually does not know the name of the girl he's been in love with for the past six months. We, well I and a few friends, tried to tell him that he is being stupid for falling in love with some girl who paid for his hot dog and shared a keg of beer with him, but he seems to think it's some sort of fate?" the man consoling me snorted.

I looked up at that, trying to blink away my tears to see the man infront of me. 

Something wonderful was happening as he helped me up and guided me through to the end of the roof where he was standing with his back to me.

I looked at the man who was beside me... I knew him. I actually spent hours clicking him along with Kris. 

"Park Chanyeol", I whisper. He just nods and gently shoves me forward.

I gulp before looking back and see him already retreating. I look at the man with his back to me. 

The longing, the memories, the whispers, the rain, the hotdog, the beer, the diner... it all comes back. But I am suddenly staggered by the love I feel for this man who I barely met thrice. As if on cue, the song starts again... and this time whatever the doubts, I'm never gonna run away.

"May I have this dance?" I whisper.

He slowly turns around, startled. He looks at me for a heartbeat.

He covers the whole roof's distance between us in three longs strides and envelopes me into a bone crashing hug.

This time, I dont hesitate to hug him back completely. 

"I thought you'd left, again", he whispered into my hair.

"Never", I smile against him, in his arms, where I belonged.

He lets go of me and bends down on one knee. I look at him in horror.

"Uh Kris, I love you and all, but I think you should know my name and other stuff, yunno before...this..", I stutter.

He chuckles lightly as he takes my hand, "Arya... yes I know your name. Arya, you are the girl who bought me a hot dog in my time of need. I met you thrice, slept with you once and fell in love with you and will be in love with you, I'm sure, for the rest of my life. Do you wanna...", he started asking me, while taking out a small box.

I gasped.

"Kris, stop. Do NOT ruin this", I warn him.

But he just smiles and opened the box which had a keychain with small charms of a hotdog, a beer can, a house, a pancake and a bike along with A <3 K charm.

"So...do you wanna go out with me?" he asks. 

I nod, laughing, giddy with happiness as he stands up and slips the keychain ring on to my finger.

"I love you", I say, pulling him down for a kiss.

"Wo ai ni", I hear him murmer as his lips claim mine.

I smile against his lips and pull him closer until there is no one but him and me under the starry sky.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aaaaaaand that's it folks, that's the finale!

I've read author's writing footnotes like, "Oh my god, I could not stop crying when I wrote this" or something like that... and I always thought, WHAT BALONEY.

But when I was writing the reunion scene today, I felt my heart quickening. It was Arya who was meeting Kris but it was like I was there. I knew how it would end but that did not stop me from anticipating like the hopeless fangirl I am.

So if you liked it, please comment, subscribe and Upvote!

I'm planning an epilogue for the series. So please decide for me ? ;)