ll~5~ll

Stormy night at Serendipity...

The cold air did nothing to cool the hot imprint his lips left on my cheek. I kept telling myself that it was just a kiss...heck it was only a peck. I was no babe in the woods and I had my fair share of instances with the members of the opposite . 

Then why did it feel more intimate than any real kiss I ever had? I frowned not liking this train of thought.  But the scene kept playing again and again in my head. I could not take it anymore, I swevered my bike to the left and stopped.

I gingerly reached a hand to the spot he kissed me and immeadiately pinked, remembering how it felt when he whispered to me and when his lips touched my cheek.

Now my mood effectively ticked off, I heaved a sigh. "All I wanted was one quiet evening with my bike and my food. Is that too much to ask for!", I muttered to hersrlf.

"No, its not. But sharing makes it more fun, havent you heard?" a voice laughingly replied just as I felt a tap on my right shoulder.

I turned in that direction but fet someone on my other side. I whipped back, only to come face to face with him.

He was stooped down low, his face was inches away from mine... again.

In that completely y voice he used before he said, "Are you following me, miss?"

I could not help it, I snorted. The nerve of this man to even...

He smiled, still uncomfortably close, and I seemed to have forgotten the muscle movement to turn my head. 

"I have standards", I managed to retort while thinking to myself, Standards which don't even include ridiculously good looking faces like yours.

"And I'm sure I surpass all of them", he smirked leaning even closer, placing his hands on either side of my bike.

"Go away. Wouldn't you have something better to do than pestering girls on highways, considering you are 'Kris'?" I snapped desperately hoping he won't notice how much his prescence was affecting my very being.

He straightened at that and walked past me. I suddenly wanted to grab his arm to stop him from leaving. But before I could act on any such crazy urges, he slid on the seat behind me making me stumble as I lost my balance.

 I flailed around trying to get my foot balance back. But I need not have bothered, he used his incredibly long legs to balance the bike. He s his arm around my waist and pulled me slightly back towards him to settle me. I froze at the contact. 

But instead of letting go, now that I regained my balance of the bike, he waist-hugged me tighter and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"My car broke down. You know I can hardly waltz around asking for rides. Thankfully you passed me but I could not get your attention but you stopped anyway. So can you please offer me a lift till the city. Please", he said in that low tone again. I controlled the shiver, that having his breath tickle my neck was causing.

I was hardly listening, all I could focus on was the feel of his heart thudding unevenly, as he hugged me.

**

She nodded.

Which means I should let go of her. But I did not want to. I'm known for my control around girls. I never, ever, feel the urges or even attraction to girls I met one time for exactly 10 seconds. Especially when I did not even know her name.

Reluctantly I let go of her waist. She started the bike and we were off, it was a long drive back to the city and I was determined to know as much, I could know about this girl, as I could.

*

"Ughhh look what you did!" she screamed at me trying to find some cover.

I rolled my eyes at her head even though she could not see me, "Yes! I made it rain...sure."

"Don't sass me, I will strand you here and take off", she growled through chattering teeth.

"You are cold", I said and wrapped my arms around her scooting forward so we were stuck to each other.

She stiffened again at the contact but I could not let her freeze. For starters, she was driving and I did not want to die because the driver is freezing from the pouring rain. Also, I was concerned about her.

But I only gave her the first part of my reason making her curse in flowery language.

"Wait, there's something there", I shouted, suddenly spotting a light coming through a thicket of trees.

"Huh?" she breaked suddenly causing me to lurch even closer to her.

"There", I pointed.

She gave a nod and took a detour.

She must really be cold, if she din't even argue.

 

**

"Welcome to Serendipity Inn", the homely man with Irish accent smiled at us me as I entered the B&B alone.

It was sheer dumb luck that we found this bread and breakfast or some one would have been killed by me tonight. And that someone is a tall, ludicrously handsome man and he raps in Chinese versions of Korean songs.

"Hi, uh... my friend and I got stranded returning from a uh... hik-drive... We'd like to uh stay over for the night", I spoke, my teeth still chattering. Also, his nervousness was getting to me. 

He nodded kindly, "Sure, lass. You seem completely drenched. Why don't I ask the missus to give you something warm while I arrange a room for you and your mate."

"Thanks", I said gratefully, "but it will be two rooms, please."

"I'm afraid that's not possible, love", a sweet looking lady who came out of the room behind the counter, interrupted,"you see, we are fully booked for the day, you tell them, Cormac!.  Nasty storm, it is. You are lucky we have the attic room left. It's not much but I'm afraid it will have to do."

"Erm...", I hesitated.

"Lover's spats are common, kitty", the woman smiled kindly.

Lovers? Where did she get that idea? I grimaced.

But she continued anyway, "You kids now-a-days should try forgiving easier. I saw the boy out back, looked like a lost puppy looking for its owner, he did. Said he was waiting for his new bride to forgive him. Such sweet boy, and good looking too. You got yourself a cath there, lassy."

I blushed furiously at the 'new bride' comment but managed to mutter, "Yeah, I guess."

He asks me to go in and check if they recognize him ''cuz its gonna be a scandal of the millenium if I got caught!'' and then goes behind my back to spout nonsense.

I wanted to snap at him to get his in here, but I just had to check one last time if they really did not know him.

Why do you care? 

But I went ahead anyway, "I guess you are right! I will ask him to come in. So you guys, uh, ever heard of the new act, EXO? Real big these days, right?!" I said, hoping it sounded like normal chatter.

Cormac continued writing away in his register while his wife answered me, "What is that, love? Some sort of disease it sounds like, it does."

I had to stiffle a snort when I heard him gasp, clearly offended. But I was convinced the host couple did not know jack about anything related to him.

Before I could call out for him to come in, he barges in cooing, "Honeybun, you forgive me!"

I roll my eyes at his stupidity but he just grinned cheekily and pecked at my lips. I was so shocked that I could not even register the hosts were gushing at how beautiful we are together. 

"Keep telling my missus it is adorable if the lass is shorter than the lad. A foot difference can never go wrong I said, I did. Never listens to me though, she does not", he smiled affectionately at his wife who I just noticed was as shorter than her husband as I am than him.

I looked up at the goof beside me to roll my eyes but he was looking at me... and the way he looked made me very fidgety.

"So uh.. the room", I cleared my throat. I felt him drop his hand from my shoulder, where he had it wrapped.

"Oh my, completely forgot, I did! Come with me, child. I will help you change into something nice and dry", the lady smiled at me. 

Involuntarily I looked at him but the lady chuckled, "No worries lass, your lad will come to you once Cormac gives him something warm to change into. You will have him with you the whole night and rest of the nights of your life", she winked.

His eyes widened at that and I wished earth would swallow me whole.

 

 

**

Cormac, who turned out to be surprisingly okay for a forty year old, gave me his spare clothes. He was shorter than me, but not by much. I went to the room... well more like an attic, really. But like the 'missus' said, it would have to do. She was not in yet.

I looked around, the attic was small and cozy with a tiny table, a tiny wardrobe and roof so low that I had to hunch a bit to enter the room. There was a considerably small low-rise double bed which looked quite inviting with its white linnen quilt and puffy pillows. 

Just then, the door opened and she stood there looking extremely fidgety.

"Are you coming in or what?" I said patting the bed with a smirk.

She just scowled and entered the room. She was wearing an extremely over sized t shirt with equally flappy half pants, with a towel in her hand. 

She plopped down on the other end of the bed, her back to me and started drying her hair. I looked at her as she swiped her hair to one side and toweled it. The loose t shirt kept sliding off her shoulder. The temperature in the room suddenly seemed to shoot up. I turned around to gather my wits.

"So Serendipity is a funny name, eh", I tried to make a conversation facing the wall infront of me.

"Not really", she said. It was surprising that she did not make any sarcastic comment. "It's kind of uh..how do I put it... magical... as some people would say. Like this room. It looks like it is out of Goldilocks."

I smiled at that. This room does remind of the three bear's house in Goldilocks.

"So what made your day bad?", she asked suddenly.

I did not answer rightaway. I expected her to push me for it or say that it's okay if I did not want to talk about it. But she did not do either. 

I told her. Right from the beginning to what happend at home today. About Calvin, Jenna. About my mom. 

She sat in silence even after I finshed my story. I glanced back to see if she fell asleep. She didn't. She was just sitting there biting her lower lip, deep in thought.

After a second she said in a tone that was more analyzing than judging or comforting, "You feel he should have told you earlier instead of now. He is clearly a very important part of your life but you don't wanna go back now cuz this... you feel after something like this, you need to take time or it will be weird. You have forgiven him but it scares you to think how soon you could let the thing go", she nodded with satisfaction, looking like someone who had just solved a mystery.

She was right. About all of it. But I was waiting for her to advice something or say I was wrong, I should go back or something.

Again she surprised me by remaining quiet.

"What... no free advises or lessons?" I asked her, smirking on the outside but feeling a bit nervous of what she might say.

"Hmm?" she turned back to face me, "Why would I?"

I shrugged, "It's what people usually do."

"Then people are usually stupid. It's your life. I would hate it if people gave me free advise. No one likes it and more often than not they won't heed it. No point", she replied.

"Okay! So anyway..uh... your bad day?", I asked.

My breath caught in my throat as she looked at me, her chocolate-hazel eyes showed a hint of reluctance, her lips were slightly turned down in a frown, her nose scrunched up lightly and right then she was the most beautiful thing I have ever laid my eyes on.

Without giving myself a chance to rethink or her to answer, I moved closer to her, till my lips were inches apart from hers. I looked into her eyes, asking for permission, because I could never do anything to her she did not want me to do. Her eyes widened a little as she stared into mine for a fraction of a second. It seemed like an eternity and doubt crept its way into my head. But next second, I saw her close her eyes and she moved forward, placing her lips on mine.

Nothing else really mattered after that.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Updated Next Chapter as well. Please click on 'next'... You know you want to! :P

Yayy for the double update. Have fun reading :D