ll~1~ll

Stormy night at Serendipity...

"Thanks, mate", she could hear a guy with australian accent thanking the hot dog vendor. He ducked the snack box in his coat, pulled up his collar and walked off in the dreary drizzly afternoon. 

She looked back at the line in front off her, as she waited in the unusullay long line leading to her favourite hot dog joint.

It was cold, colder than it had been in a while. And the drizzle was starting to get on her nerves. She moved forward subconsciously with the flow, even as her eyes  wandered into the horizon, not entirely seeing the subtle rainbow that was the only thing colorful in the greyness of the Canada afternoon.

She thought back to the events of last week and shuddered. 

Nightmare... It was the only word that she could come up with as she replayed the past week in her head.

She left her job, her modest home was on sale. 

Atleast now I'll be able to do what I really want to do, she thought wryly.

But that did not in anyway make explaining, to her entire family and not to mention her boss/ best friend, why she decided to move five thousand miles for something so insignificant, leaving her absolutely perfect job and perfect life, any easier. After a month of arguing, shouting and other dramatic she was finally on her way to freedom: both mental and physical.

She shook her head to rid herself of those thoughts and once again observed her surroundings. The long line seemed to have moved and now she was second in line. 

Ah! My hotdog finally!

".. No, you should be having change for 100 dollars. What kind of a hot dog joint does not?" she heard the man in front of her shouting.

"Well, this kind of hot dog joint. Now if you please step aside, I have other customers to cater to", Joe, the hot-dog-guy started sounding impatient.

But the man in front of her was not giving up.

Exasperated, she stood on her tip toes and tapped the guy on the shoulder.

"What!", the man snapped, glancing back.

But she pushed past him and went, "One Mustard with red Chilli sauce and one whatever he wants. Fast, please", indicating at the grump behind you.

Joe the-hot-dog-guy nodded and within secods the two hot dogs were done.

"There you go... next!", he shouted as he handed them over.

She moved aside, already taking a bite from her treat. She turned side ways and held out the other one for the tall complaining man next to her.

He squinted down at her offer curiously.

"Take. I do not have all day..", she snapped.

"For me? Why?" he looked behind him to make sure it was him she was giving it to.

"I wanted my snack, you were in the way. So..." she shrugged

"Thanks", he smiled taking it from her.

She just nodded before walking off.

"Your money!?", he shouted at her retreating form.

"Buy me a hot dog if you ever see me again", she waved without turning back.

"Sure", he smiled to himself as he took a bite of the hot dog and walked in the opposite direction.

************************

 

Haha.

So its serendipity basically. :P

Update coming tonight!
Wait for the next chapter, please!!!

In the mean time..

Comment, Vote and Subscribe!!! 

<3