Sehun

Her Letters to Jongin
Please log in to read the full chapter

I found an old, yet familiar picture.

It was our graduation picture. That day was filled with tears and laughter. I remembered sobbing really hard, but Soojung was calm and had only shed a couple tears. That day we said our goodbyes, and since then, I have not really seen Soojung in person.

In the picture were all of our friends. Soojung and I were the only females in the picture, so we stood out in our red caps and gowns whereas the boys wore black ones. Our other girl friends were taking pictures with their other friends at the time, so we took the chance to snap a picture with the boys.

I stood next to Soojung in the middle. My eyes were slightly puffy and red along with my nose. It was embarrassing. Soojung wore a closed smile and looked so reserved. On my other side stood Luhan in his normal clothes with his hands around my waist. He smiled a little too brightly – probably laughing at how hard I was crying. He had accompanied me to our graduation since my parents were out of town that week. Next to Luhan stood Baekhyun’s friend, Kyungsoo – we had all gotten closer after our group date at his restaurant.

Standing next to Soojung was someone that I had kind of forgotten about.

He was Jongin’s equivalent.

Next to Soojung stood Oh Sehun, the transfer student from our third year of high school. He was tall and lean – almost looking like he was pulled out of an anime series. His hand rested slightly on Soojung’s shoulder. They both looked really calm but awkward at the same time.

Sehun was Jongin’s friend from outside of school. They had attended the same dance classes and became good friends from there. We were located in Seoul, however, and Sehun lived in Incheon. During our third year of high school, he transferred. I remember how excited Jongin was the day Sehun walked into our homeroom.

Of course, when the boy first walked into our class, he caught the attention of many girls. He seemed quiet and well-mannered, but by the time the break came along, he let out lame jokes and laughed like a child. He was very much like Jongin, no doubt.

 

“Hi, can I borrow a pencil?”

I looked up and saw Sehun leaned across the aisle. Today his dark brown hair was swept up to show his forehead. His fingers drummed quite agitatedly against the desk while he anticipated an answer.

“Give me one second,” Soojung said, quickly finishing up her notes before ruffling through her backpack to pull out her pencil case. "Here,” she said, holding out a pink mechanical pencil.

“Thanks,” Sehun said, smiling a bit before accepting the pencil. Soojung just nodded before she looked back to the teacher’s notes on the board.

That was the first time Sehun spoke to Soojung. It didn’t take a genius to figure out that he had his eyes on her. Ever since he was placed in the seat next to her, his eyes always softened the slightest bit whenever he saw her. Kai sat behind him – which was next to me. He saw the whole exchange and playfully hit Sehun’s shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. Boys will be boys.

 

“Hi.”

I looked up and saw Sehun standing in front of me. I put my finger on the sentence that I left off on in the book I was reading and looked up. It was break time, and Soojung went to the bathroom while Jongin had gone to the cafeteria to grab a snack with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.

“Hello,” I replied. It was the first time I had spoken to him, and it was a bit amusing to see him so nervous. He moved over to sit in Soojung’s seat that was in front of me to talk.

“You’re Luhan’s girlfriend, right?” he asked.

I smiled. “Yeah, why?” I asked.

It was now the second week that Sehun had been attending our school, and he had gotten extremely close to the boys. It was almost as if he had been attending with us for years already.

“I was just wondering. I’ve heard about you,” he said, frowning a bit at his awkward words.

I laughed a bit before shaking my head. “I hope you heard good things,” I said, looking back down at my book.

“Of course. It’s strange though, how you and Soojung are the only girls who hang out with them,” Sehun said.

“Well, I’m kind of forced to hang out with them because of Luhan. Soojung just sometimes tags along,” I said, knowing where the conversation was steering next.

“So does Soojung have a boyfriend?” he asked. He looked indifferent, and I thought, ‘Wow, this kid is good at acting like he doesn't care.’

But I decided to poke fun at him.

“Yeah, she does,” I said, turning the page of my book. I tried to suppress my smile, but his reaction was too amusing.

“Oh, does she?” he said quietly. He was clearly disappointed. What he said next, however, made me nearly choke.

“Is Jongin her boyfriend?” he suddenly asked.

I slowly lifted my head to see if he was serio

Please log in to read the full chapter