Present - May 15, 2019

Her Letters to Jongin
Please log in to read the full chapter

July 2, 2018

 

Dear Soojung,

Will you marry me?

 

 

I heard someone knock on Soojung’s door that snapped me out of my shock. I quickly grabbed some of the items that were out of the box and covered the ring that was laying on the bottom. The door cracked open before a head popped in.

“Babe, hurry up!” Luhan whined, holding his hand out for me to grab.

“You big baby,” I muttered before I balanced all of my items on one hand and holding his with my free hand. He pouted before pulling me out of Soojung’s room, his thumb rubbing circles on the back of my hand. He led me past all of the guests who were gathering their things to head out to the church. Outside, a long, sleek limousine awaited us with the hind door propped open. Baekhyun was standing at the open door motioning for us to hurry up.

In the limo, everyone was buzzing with excitement. Some of the girls were fussing over their hair or makeup while the guys chatted freely. Jongin, who was sitting in between Minseok and Kyungsoo, wasn't speaking. He had a faraway look in his eyes, and his hands mangled restlessly in his lap. With my heeled foot, I lightly kicked his shin to get his attention.

He immediately snapped out of his reverie and looked at my foot. His eyes moved up to my face, and he tilted his head as if asking, “What?”

Letting go of my possessions in Luhan’s lap, I brought both of my hands up to my face and pushed my cheeks up with my forefingers. ‘Smile,’ I mouthed to him. He shook his head gently with a soft smile on his face. I could still see the distress in his eyes though.

Not too long after, we arrived at the church. There was a good hour before the wedding would start, so everyone mingled around. I immediately went to Soojung’s dressing room.

The moment the door opened, Soojung was on her feet and rushing towards me. She hugged me tightly and whispered, “I’m so nervous.

I smiled before rubbing her back as soothingly as I could. “You’ll be okay. You’ve got to be happy, it’s your big day!” I said. She pulled back before looking me over.

“Why are you so pretty? Man, you should be the one getting married today,” she said winking before eyeing the diamond on my finger, “congratulations! I’m so happy for you both!”

“No, today is your day. Focus on getting married first before anything,” I said, poking her forehead. Soojung pouted before turning around and looking at herself in the large mirror. I took the moment to admire her beautiful, white dress. It had a long train, probably about three feet. The dress had long, lacy sleeves that covered Soojung modestly. She looked so mature. Her black hair was curled and tossed in an elegant updo. A veil was hanging from a beaded comb that was holding most of her hair up. Her makeup was light, yet it made her look absolutely flawless. Her lips were a pink, glossy tint and couldn’t stop forming a smile on her face.

“Let’s take a picture,” she said, turning to look at me. She held out her hand and I handed her phone to her. Giving one of the workers in the dressing room my camera, I stood next to Soojung for a couple pictures. Pushing away a loose curl from my face, Soojung whispered, “Thank you

Please log in to read the full chapter