Pink Nail Polish and Black Hoodies

Her Letters to Jongin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Soojung’s door opened slightly and Sooyeon’s poked her head into the room. I looked up at her and smiled a little at her older sister.

“You okay?” Sooyeon asked, walking a couple steps into the room. Her light brown hair was curled elegantly and her face was made up. She wrapped her pink bathrobe around her tiny body a little tighter and sat down beside me on Soojung’s bed.

“You found that too?” Sooyeon asked softly, reaching into the box and pulling out the polaroid picture of Soojung and Jongin.

“I had always wondered who that boy was,” she trailed off. She stared at the picture a little longer before setting it in the black box. Sighing, Sooyeon stood up and started walking around Soojung’s room.

“You’re really brave,” Sooyeon started, picking up some picture frames Soojung kept on her desk, “After she left, I never came back into her room.”

“Well, I didn’t really have a choice,” I said, setting the black box on the bed beside me, “Nobody was willing to clean up her stuff.”

The older girl picked up some of Soojung’s belongings and slowly started to set them in the box. She smiled and picked up some of the old nail polishes she used to wear with her younger sister.

“I hope she’s happy,” Sooyeon whispers.

 

“Look! My sister did my nails,” Soojung said, showing off her pink manicured fingernails to me. I smiled leaned down to bite her fingers in front of my face.

“I wish I had a sister,” I said, laughing at Soojung who yelped and pulled away. She pouted and pushed me slightly with her shoulder.

“Come over later! I know unnie will be more than happy to do your nails,” Soojung said. She flipped her pink bangs out of her eyes and froze a little when she looked forward.

I looked forward too and smiled. “Luhan!” I said, running into the boy’s arms. He welcomed me with a warm hug and a kiss on my temple.

“Hey there,” he said, squeezing me a little.

Luhan and Minseok were a year older than Soojung, Baekhyun, Jongin and I. Despite them being our seniors, we were all kind of close. Luhan was the president of the student council with Jongin as his vice president. I was historian and Soojung was secretary. We had all met through there, and through them, we met Minseok and Baekhyun. And since the four boys were on the football team and Soojung and I were on the cheerleading squad, it was no doubt that we would know of each other.

School was over, and our group was just walking out of the school, making plans of what to do for the remainder of the day. The boys had decided to go get something to eat before going home, but Soojung had homework to do, resulting in me being the only girl in the group of four boys.

We walked to a small restaurant across the street from the school. Baekhyun’s friend Kyungsoo worked there and he claimed that Kyungsoo would be able to give us a discount.

The restaurant was small and very traditional oriented. Old Korean music played in the background and a large screen T.V. played the news in the corner. When we got there, Baekhyun’s friend had also just arrived from school. He was a cute, shorter boy with big round eyes. Turned out he also knew Jongin.

After ordering, I was left out and had listen to the boys talk about the most random things. They had started off with the just-ended football season to the fight that happened a while ago, and were now talking about Krystal’s sister and Luhan’s classmate, Sooyeon.

“I saw her talking to that one guy…what was his name again? Donghae?” Baekhyun trailed off.

“That’s Donghae-sunbae to you,” Luhan scolded, leaning back in the booth. Luhan and I occupied one side of the booth with Minseok and Jongin across from us while Baekhyun pulled up a chair at the end of the table.

“He’s just depressed because the love of his life is possibly taken,” Jongin rolled his eyes.

“So what? Don’t be depressed because your love of your life with a certain pink head of hair won’t even notice you,” Baekhyun muttered, glaring at the youngest of the four boys.

Interested, I set my chopsticks on my napkin and leaned forward to look at Jongin curiously. Covering half of his face with his hand, Jongin turned away and mumbled something along the lines of, “I don’t know what you’re talking abou

Please log in to read the full chapter