Chapter 5 - Late Night Dinner

Outer Space Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the one and only Han River Park.

Due to heavy snow a few hours before, the Park was then covered in white all over the place. Adding the empty atmosphere and the full moon above, it was somehow scary but pretty at the same time.

“Aigoo.. It really feels like we are in Silent Hill.” Min Hyuk sighed, as he looked outside his window.

“Mwo?” She asked, unfamiliar with the things he said.

“Silent Hill.” He said it again, “You know, that horror game.”

“Molla.” She shrugged her shoulders, “But it’s pretty out there, don’t you think?”

“It is.” Both of them stretching their body towards the car’s front windshield so that they could see the view better, especially the enormous full moon.

“Look at the moon, Oppa. I haven’t seen the moon as big as that.”

“Me too. It’s so surreal, isn’t it? Looks like some kind of CGI.”

“Mwoya..” She chuckled, “I bet it’s prettier if we can get out of this car and see the view for ourselves. Touch the snow with our own hands. Capturing the moments with our own eyes.”

Soo Jung always had this kind of side within her, the sensitive part of hers that she rarely showed in front of people. They were her own unique quirks that were not easily given out to people who were not close to her. And somehow, this chic drummer just waltzed his way into her life, with no difficulties at all. She felt a sudden comfort whenever she was with him. In front of him, she did not have to hide anything. She could reveal even her weirdest trait and he would be OK with it.

What are you doing to me, Oppa? Spare me my own heart please. I don’t think I’m brave enough to face whatever it is that we’re facing.

“But we can’t do that, can we?” Soo Jung turned her head to his direction, smiling. At that close distance, both of them are looking at each other’s eyes. Min Hyuk could see the sparkle in her eyes. He could tell that she really wanted to go out there and just play with the thick snow under the moon light. As if both of them were not idols. As if they were just common people having a common midnight date.

Min Hyuk sighed. If only she knew how much he wanted to make it happen for her, that common date that both of them longed for. But that was only in his mere imagination. They did not have a choice but to be satisfied by having dinner inside a car with tinted windows.

“I guess we can’t.” Min Hyuk smiled away his dissatisfaction. “But it’s okay. It’s still pretty from here.”

Soo Jung chuckled, laughed at her own stupid wish, “You’re right. Besides, it must be freezing out there. I don’t think I’ll survive for five minutes. Let’s just have our dinner here, shall we?”

She, then, took out the food that she brought and started to prepare dinner. It was a little bit difficult for her because she was used to prepare dinner from a big kitchen in her parents’ house. Now, they only had the car dashboard to put everything on.

Soo Jung opened the box one by one and was being extremely careful because she did not want to spill any of the food in the car. It would be a disaster. She managed to open them smoothly, put them on the dashboard, and lined them together: japchae, kimchi, white rice, kimbab, and seafood pancakes. Until she had to open the last box: dakjjim. It was a dish full of ingredients. It had chicken, glass noodles, vegetables, and a very thick broth that would definitely made you drool. Unfortunately, she poured a little bit too much dakjjim inside the food container so when she opened it, the broth spilled to the car seat.

“Omo!” Soo Jung immediately closed the lid and put the container away, “Oppa, ottohke?”

“Did it spill?” Min Hyuk was looking at his phone for a while when Soo Jung prepared dinner. So it surprised him when she heard her shouted.

“Ne.” She panicked, “Do you have any tissue, Oppa?”

“Let me see…” Min H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter