Chapter 1 - The Connection between A Peck, Han River, and Kimbab

Outer Space Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“CUT!” The Director’s voice echoed within the walls of the room where Min Hyuk and Krystal just finished their last scene that day. The script told them to capture selcas together, just like other couples always do. In one of those selcas, Min Hyuk was told to kiss Krystal cheek. And that was what he did.

“Soo Jung-ah, mian.” Min Hyuk whispered to her with a flustered face, right after they wrapped up the scene. Krystal, too, felt her face warmed up because she was embarrassed. It was definitely not her first time to be kissed on the cheek by a guy. Her dad did that a lot. But to be kissed in public by a fellow idol, a handsome one in fact, it was a whole different case for Krystal.

“Gwenchana.” She whispered back before turning her back to him and walked to her cordie unnie with her head down. She left Min Hyuk alone who was smiling awkwardly, just like how Chan Young always do. And secretly, she was smiling too. She did not expect that she would enjoy that scene so much.

I was standing alone, checking my bag and making sure that I did not leave anything behind at the location when I felt someone’s presence come towards me. Automatically, I looked up and then I saw Min Hyuk oppa standing there. He already changed his clothes into jeans and knitted sweater. He had a beanie on to cover his messy hair. Extremely handsome for my taste.

“Oppa? You’re going home already?” I tried to ask him casually.

“Uhm. Aren’t you going home too?” He asked me back. His left hand was holding his backpack while his right hand was playing with his car keys.

“Maybe in a minute. My manager hasn’t replied my text. I already asked him where he was and to come to pick me up here. I’ll just wait for him.”

“Oh.. I see..” He stood there in silence for a second. I could see he was hesitating on something before he said, “He could be long, you know? If you’re tired, I.. uhm.. could give you a ride. I’m driving my own car today.” I sensed nervousness in his voice.

He sounded calm but I sensed nervousness in his voice which made me smile a little inside. Now I know that I was not the only one feeling awkward. He did, too. So cute.

“I don’t know. He might be on his way already. And if people saw me getting off your car this late at night, they will….” I did not continue my words for he had already understood what I was about to say. And he agreed.

“Ahrasseo. I didn’t want that to happen either.” He nodded, “Geurae. Naeil bwa, Soo Jung-ah. I’m going first.” He waved his hand goodbye. He did not forget to flash me his killer smile before walking away to the door.

Right at the same time, my phone vibrated. A text message came from my manager telling me that the car was broken and he could not pick me up.

“Eottohke?” I panicked.

I could still see the sight of Min Hyuk oppa right before he closed the door behind him. A crazy idea came across my mind. Should I do this? Should I really do this? I thought a lot about the consequences of doing what I was about to do. Ithought about this feeling that confuses me lately. I thought about my company’s regulation. I thought about what people would say if we ever got caught.

A scandal is definite. But truthfully, being talked about by people was not really a problem for me. Let them talk. One thing that I could learn from living in the US is that people will always have something to say. Nothing would stop them from expressing what they want to say. But the aftermath after a scandal broke out would be worse, especially the haters. I could not imagine what the haters would do to him if things go wrong. God forbid.

But it was not like we were in a secret relationship. It was a mere friendly gesture. He was just being nice to a dongsaeng. I am his dongsaeng. And I happened to need a ride which he offered before.

“What the hell..” I told myself in English and started running for the door.

My eyes sparkled as I smiled a little when I saw her running through the door, calling my name. I sure liked it a lot, especially when she told me that she needed the ride after all. “Come in!” was all I could say to her as I opened the door for the one and only Krystal Jung.

“So why did you change your mind?” I asked her when we were already on the road. I looked at her for a second before concentrating back on my driving.

“The company van broke down and they could not get another car to pick me up. So… you’re my last hope.” She looked down awkwardly when she gave me her answer. Krystal played with her fingers as she felt more nervous now that both of us were alone in my car.

To be honest, I was nervous too. Since my debut, this would be my first time to drive a girl home. And the one sitting next to me was f(x)’s Krystal Jung. If hyungsoonim found out about this, she would be flipped, since this girl is Jessica noona’s baby sister. Meanwhile, I could imagine Yong Hwa hyung’s laugh when he knew about this because apparently, another CNBLUE member had fallen for another SM girl.

Wait, did I say I had fallen for her?

I guess I did. But who wouldn’t fall for Jung Soo Jung? She was obviously pretty. She sang very well. From the past few months that I had known her, I could tell that she was nice and she cares a lot about people around her. One day, Shin Hye noona forgot to bring her scarf and Krystal kindly lent hers. She gave me a cup of hot coffee once before, when we had a very late filming and the temperature was below zero. That was the moment when I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter