Chapter 4 - Midnight Meeting

Outer Space Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already late, a few minutes passed 12 midnight. The snow was falling, not as heavily as before, but still, it was still snowing. But there are perks of having the snow fall at a time like this. The road was steered clear from people, making it easier for him to make a move.

A black sedan was seen parked on the side of a small alley in Gangnam. The machine was humming and its hazard lights were also blinking, true signs that somebody was inside the car. Best guess? That person was also waiting for somebody else.

“Where are you?” He asked the other person who was answering the phone from the other line. He put the phone on speaker while he was busy sneaking around the neighborhood from behind his tinted window.

“I’m in an alley two blocks from my apartment.” A girl, it was. “Where are you, Oppa?”

“I’m just one block away, then.” He started to move his car slowly, “Where are you exactly?”

“Two houses before the convenient store.”

“Okay. Just wait. I’ll be there in a minute.”

As he drove away, he could feel the fast beat of his heart. Maybe this is the effect of being single for too long. Too much time he used by focusing on his music, he put aside his own personal need of having a special person around him. Not that his ‘brothers from another mother’ were not special. It was just.. different. It was different with her. And it better be different with her, wasn’t it?

One more turn, and he could see her standing in the shadow of a dark wall. It was obvious that she did not want to be seen. He dimmed his head light once, to sign her that he had arrived.

“Oppa, annyeong!” She greeted him cheerfully right after she opened the door and stepped inside the car. Her hands were full with bags filled with boxes he could not recognized. He also heard bottles clinging from inside one of those bags. But he had no idea what those were.

“Sorry for waiting too long, Soo Jung-ah.” Min Hyuk let out an apologetic smile to the youngest of Jung Sisters. He could see that her hands trembled a bit from the cold outside. For a second, the need of holding her hands, to transfer the warmth of his hands to hers, was building rapidly. Thankfully he could calm himself down before abruptly doing something that he might regret later.

“Gwenchana.” She replied his smile, “It wasn’t that long.”

Jung Soo Jung looked so pretty that night. Well, to his eyes, she looked pretty all the time. Without too much make up on her face, her glow was still apparent. She left her long brunette hair hanging loosely, with a little bit of messy curls. There was a hint of flower scent which he recognized as hers. The smell was so good it intoxicated him in a way that he did not understand. It was always like that whenever he was near her.

He dared himself to sneak a peek to her side view. Pretty. Too pretty. Even in only jeans and sneakers and simple coat with printed scarf like tonight, she still looked amazingly breathtaking.

Kang Min Hyuk, have you really fallen?

“Still.. I’m sorry. It must be cold outside.” He apologized for the second time right before he drove the car out of the narrow alley.

“Aniya. It wasn’t really cold. The snow was a bit annoying though. They were caught in my hair so it is now a little bit damp.”

“See? Even you were annoyed by the snow. Sorry for that.”

“Oppa, seriously, if you say sorry once again,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter