Of Girlfriends, Scandals and Breakdowns Part 2

Oretachi no Joy~ // 俺達のJOY~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: was supposed to do this last sat, but went out over the weekend and only had time to write now. Kyuhyun's take on the whole news. ^^

Thank you for reading part 1 and this. There shall be no leaving the kyumin ship forever ^^. this part unbeta-ed. forgive me, feels are again scattered all over

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Jeju-do is famous to Koreans and people all over the world for all types of occasions, indeed, the small island paradise has been witness to them all…business related trips, personal trips...from proposals to weddings to school fields trip and work team buildings. Vacations, of course was the most popular reason to come here, de-stressing from work, and all those excuse just to get away.

 

Cho Kyuhyun told himself that he was also here to have a few days rest from work, as well as some well-earned relaxation time from finishing the 100th day concert, but the more honest part of him knew…he was still trying to mend his broken heart.

 

Not that he’d ever say that out loud. Nope, not even the people he came here with knew the real reason why he suggested the trip (Except Changmin, because that man knew a lot of things, even if he wasn’t talking to Kyuhyun about it. He was grateful for the silence though, he wasn’t sure he was ready to talk about this just yet) but vacation was vacation, and they were all having fun that even Kyuhyun momentarily forgets the constant pain and longing in his chest.

 

Even though, from time to time he catches himself thinking about him again, wondering what he was doing, if he was okay… if he was mad at him for Kyuhyun avoiding him for almost a month now…He missed him, so much…but the thought of him being happy with someone else was too much for him, that he thought it was better to just stay away than dwell in the feeling of heartbreak.

 

I wonder what Sungmin is doing right now…

 

He shook his head, willing his thoughts of Sungmin away. He loved Sungmin, at first he thought it was just the same as he did everyone in Super Junior (because he loved them very much too) but after Sungmin moved out of their shared room, he started to feel like it was more than that—he missed seeing his face when he sleeps, missed the way Sungmin would sing to him, and he would sing to him—he missed the things they shared together…he missed him, his presence, his voice, his everything. Then one morning he woke up and it dawned on him…he was in love with Lee Sungmin.

 

But it wasn’t like he could act on his feelings just like that. These were his real emotions, not some fan service plot to please the fans, he loved Sungmin, because he was Sungmin.

 

He loved the way the two of them were close, he loved the way Sungmin would rely on him whenever the aegyo king was scared or unsure, he loved the way Sungmin would find his eyes in the crowd and they would smile at each other without any words. He loved the way their hands would be intertwined after every bow in every performance; he loved the way he would look in Sungmin’s eyes and almost believe the older man loved him as much as he loved Sungmin.

 

Then everything started the day Sungmin told him he was dating Saeun. He smiled for him of course, what kind of best friend would he be if he didn’t support him with his decision right? He smiled and patted Sungmin on the back, hoping the man was too happy with the girl next to him to ignore the slight breaking of his voice. “Good for you, Sungmin hyung”

 

Kyuhyun was devastated…so all those sweet moments they shared, it meant nothing for Sungmin, then? He didn’t want to think so, not when he knew Sungmin’s eyes were always where his true emotions were, and he believed Sungmin loved him as well…just probably not the kind of love Kyuhyun felt for him.

 

He distanced himself a little after that, he couldn’t bear it… he didn’t want to see Sungmin smiling so happily, call him selfish but it hurt him to know he wasn’t the one causing them for the aegyo king. He tried to be okay with it, telling himself that he should be happy because Sungmin is happy—all those stupid love advices, but he lost his cool every time he heard them fighting over the phone---and Sungmin had to end it up begging for something.

 

---he’d never let Sungmin beg for anything like that.

 

The fight before their scheduled comeback was the last straw for Kyuhyun; he deliberately walked in on Sungmin on the phone trying to beg her once again “Think about it---we won’t be able to go outside anymore if that happens, right? It’s better this way…” his tone was so desperate it had to take all of Kyuhyun not to grab the damn device and tell that off for her own good. Sungmin then noticed his presence and muttered her a quick goodbye, telling her he would call again, but she screamed for even him to hear “Then let the media follow us when we go on dates!” before cutting the line.

 

Kyuhyun saw red, that woman doesn’t even care about Sungmin’s feelings on the matter. She doesn’t even seem to KNOW how much Sungmin is a private person and would want the ing media away from his private life. A low growl escaped his throat, that woman needed to know her place or she was going to hurt Sungmin sooner or later.

 

“Y-Yes Kyu?” he turned to Sungmin, he could probably the sense his anger so he tried to calm himself a bit, the last thing he needed to do right now is scare Sungmin too.

 

“Tell me the truth hyung; is she threatening you so you’d agree to reveal your relationship to the public?”

 

His eyes went three times their normal size. “W-What?! N-No!” he cried out defensively “S-She was only trying to convince me that---”

 

“How much of a nice guy can you be Sungmin?!” he stepped back in shock at Kyuhyun’s outburst. “Can’t you see she’s using you?!” but he frowned at his rude words. He couldn’t help it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter