Of Girlfriends, scandals, and Breakdowns

Oretachi no Joy~ // 俺達のJOY~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: seriously nothing can make me go down from my ship. this fic was supposed to be longer and a full one, but I couln't write it so I settled for a drabble. I apologize if this is a bit crappy, I just woke up when I reached out for the laptop to type in. My feels are scattered all over this too so there might be typos and stuff.

 

based on Sungmin revealing his relationship with Saeun, Heechul's instagram update regarding the incident, and a little observation about otp

word count: 1900 words

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Sungmin was inside his room when the call came in, his head snapping up in surprise as he hadn’t heard the phone ringing the first time. He was busy thinking about something. He didn’t even see the number who was calling in his haste “Hello?”

 

He was surprised to hear the voice on the other line. “Lee Sungmin, we need you to confirm something” it said, cool and professional, yet the neutral tone did nothing to aide Sungmin’s sinking feeling about what they were going to ask. No…No…No…Don’t let it be about----“Is it true you’re going out with Kim Saeun? Your fellow musical actor?” he gasped, wanting to throw the device away like it just burned him.

 

He didn’t know what to say…He didn’t know how this could---oh wait, he knew…He damn well knew how it happened… Oh God he was so screwed. “I…”

 

“Kim Saeun and her company already confirmed the news to the media; we only need to know if it’s true from your end as well”

 

He choked, the bedspread around him, he wanted to deny it—God he knew he needed to deny it---but he couldn’t, that would mean lying to the whole world and Lee Sungmin was no liar, and it wouldn’t be fair to Saeun either…he did love her, even if he couldn’t understand why she had pushed through with this even though he already told her before that he didn’t want it.

 

“Y-Yes…” he whispered, small and almost inaudible but he knew the other line heard it.  “I-It’s true”

 

“We understand then…we shall release the statement at once” they ended the call before Sungmin could beg them not to, and all he could do was stare at his phone and let the sinking feeling consume all of him.

 

The whole world was going to know about him dating Kim Saeun.

 

Sungmin shivered, it wasn’t as if he regretted dating her, no of course not…she was sweet and everything he could ever ask for in someone…sure they fought now and then, but she really made him feel that she loved him, even though she would always ask him to reveal their relationship to the public already…Sungmin would always say no of course, because he didn’t want their privacy to be invaded by the media which was inevitable if they would do something as such. It was always the root of their small fights, Saeun was a sweet girl, but he supposed just as everyone, she had her insecurities and thought it would be better if they were a public item.

 

Something Sungmin definitely didn’t want.

 

He felt so helpless…luckily most of the other members were in Jeju do right now, enjoying a small ‘healing’ vacation and weren’t due back until tomorrow and only Changmin and Kyuhyun were scheduled to go back early this afternoon.

 

His heart ached...

 

Kyuhyun…

 

Sungmin eyes felt strangely hot…He knew he was part of the reason why Kyuhyun even suggested the Jeju trip, he even confirmed it before the maknae left…he knew Kyuhyun was mad at him, he knew how much he had hurt the younger male…deep inside his heart he knew what he had with Kyuhyun was something far more than just being real brothers, but they were both afraid to recognize it, and when he first introduced Saeun to Kyuhyun, he saw how the maknae went white in shock and heart break. He knew. He was well aware of it...

 

Then Kyuhyun overheard one of his and Saeun’s argument one time, while he was trying to convince her it was still better that they continue their going out in complete secrecy “Think about it, we won’t be able to go outside anymore if that happens, right…it’s better this way…” he turned and was surprised to see a Kyuhyun frowning at him, he looked angry. He hastily told her goodbye, even as her words of “Then let the media follow us when we go on dates!” echoed before the line was officially cut.

 

“Yes Kyu?” he tried to act normal, but he was trembling a bit under the maknae’s stare.

 

“Tell me the truth hyung; is she threatening you so you’d agree to reveal your relationship to the public?”

 

His eyes went three times their norm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter