**Sunri Special**: How it Started

Calming of the Ice vs Freezing of the Calm

Part 2. Enjoy!!! :D

Italics= flashbacks

*Do excuse for grammar mistakes or any confusion. I reviewed each time I wrote but if there's still some, ignore it or let me know. :D

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Well, it started like this..."

 

*Flashback 1 year ago*

Sunny was waiting for Taeyeon so as to introduce her to Jessica as the new personal assistant. Just as Sunny was about to call Taeyeon, her phone rang. 

"Where are you Taeyeon?"

"Sorry Sunny. There was an accident on the way here so the traffic was horrible. I'm walking toward the company right now."

"How do you feel?" Sunny asked as she took the elevator to Jessica's office floor. "Excited to see your crush?"

"She's not my crush Sunny. I just met her once and it's a coincidence she's my new boss." 

"Sure. Even after hearing all the things I told you about her, you're still willing to work for her. You must be crazy."

Taeyeon laughed on the other line. "I need a job to pay for my tuition and this job has good pay and benefits."

"Well, that's good because I rather have you not like her more than a boss because she's the total opposite for you."

"Well, opposites attract."

"Fine. We'll continue our talk later. Come to the 15th floor. I'll wait for you there."

"Okay. See you."

Sunny hung up the phone and realized she was just on the 8th floor when she remembered she had to retrieve some document from the PR department on the 10th floor. As soon as she entered the PR department, there was a commotion going on. 

"What's going on here?" Sunny asked as she maneuvered herself through the crowd. 

"Ah. Director Lee." one of the workers bowed. "It's-"

"So you're Director Lee? The one who photoshopped my photos with Choi Minho at the mall and started this dating scandal?!" A tall, tanned, leaned woman wearing black sunglasses yelled. 

Sunny was apalled. Who does this woman think she is? Making such false accusations?

"Ms. Kwon. This isn't-"

Sunny held up her hand to stop the worker from speaking. "Who are you?"

The angry woman scoffed before taking off her sunglasses to look at Sunny. "I'm Kwon Yuri."

"And what gives you the right to barge into this company and start a commotion? Let alone false accusations."Sunny demanded stoically, not scared at all. 

"Excuse me? I'm Kwon Yuri. Famous model of TLY Agency."

"Listen Ms. Kwon Yuri of TLY Agency, before you accuse others, you need to get your facts straight."

"..."

"Where is Director Lee?" Sunny politely asked one of the workers. 

"Um, he's with the VP right now." 

"Perfect. Well, Ms. Kwon Yuri of TLY Agency, follow me and I will take you to the person you're looking for."

------------

"YOU!!" Jessica and Yuri shouted, although at different persons. Jessica was yelling at Taeyeon, who had just shown herself while Yuri was addressing the real Director Lee who caused her problems.

"Hello Ms. Jung."

"Kwon-Kwon Yuri." Director Lee stuttered the moment he saw Yuri glaring at him. "How-how nice to see you." 

Yuri, however, saw through his pretense. "You messed with the wrong person." She warned.

"What's wrong Yuri?" Jessica asked, forgetting about Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, this is the time we take our leave." Sunny advised before grabbing a hold of Taeyeon's arm. "We'll wait for you outside Vice-President."

"What happend Sunny? Who's the girl?" Taeyeon asked as soon as they took a seat on the sofa outside of the room.

Sunny shrugged. "Kwon Yuri of TLY Agency. Apparently, Director Lee of the the PR department did something to piss her off."

"OMG! That's Kwon Yuri!!! That's why she looked so familiar!" Taeyeon squealed in happiness. "I was in the presence of a goddess." She stated dreamily.

Sunny looked at her best friend weirdly. "She's not all that. She accused me of being the person who tarnished her reputation. Something with a Choi Minho."

"Omo! Must be that new dating scandal that was released yesterday." Taeyeon squealed again. "He must have been the one responsible."

"Please. Give me a chance!" Director Lee's pleading voice echoed from within the room. 

"And he's getting punished for it." Sunny remarked nonchalantly. "Now Taeyeon. seems like your life will be a torture from now on."

"She didn't seem that bad."

"Well, save that comment and tell me how you feel after you have a formal meeting with her with no interruptions." 

--------------------------------------------

"And how was your first impression of Jessica the first time you met her Taeyeon?" Sunny asked with peaked excitement although she already knew the answer. "Did you change your mind?"

"..." Taeyeon's silence already gave the answer away.

"Hey. It wasn't my fault alright? Taeyeon was rude that time." Jessica defended herself. 

"No. You were the rude one Jessica. Which was why I told you I'll teach you manners along the way." Taeyeon corrected her girlfriend with a firm stance. "And it's a good thing I did."

"Thank you Taeyeon. You did a good job." Yuri leaned over to pat Taeyeon's hand gently, which was swiftly removed by Jessica.

"Anyways, do continue." Jessica bitterly beckoned wiht her hand, not wanting to hear anything more about her.  "Past is the past. I had every right to react the way I did. I never thought I'll meet Taeyeon again. And she was the one being rude first."

"I only introduced myself. That's all I did Jessica." Taeyeon stated with a chuckle. "You're so defensive."

"Whatever."

Yuri rolled her eyes at Jessica's declaration. "Just continue Sunny."

"Okay. Well, not soon after, I met Yuri again at the company..."

---------------------------------------------

"Director Lee?"

Sunny looked up from her work to see one of her workers looking at her with the phone to her ear. The marketing department had a layout in which all workers were able to see each other and not feel enclosed in cubicles. 

"Yes?"

"You have a call on line 4."

"Arasso. Thank you." Sunny thanked before picking up the desk phone. "Hello?"

"Is this Director Lee of the Marketing Department?" 

Sunny realized that her caller was a woman. "Yes. Who is this?"

"Kwon Yuri."

"Kwon Yuri?"

Sunny then heard a chuckle from the woman. "Yes. I'm the one that started a ruckus few days ago in the PR department."

Oh...now Sunny remembers who. 

"Um yes."

"I would like to meet you to apologize for my rudeness. And so I would like to invite you to lunch today. Is that alright with you?"

"It's alright. You don't have to apologize."

"No. I do. I'll meet you at the Marku Sushi House at 12pm. Have a nice day."

And Sunny had no chance to protest because Yuri had hung up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow Yuri. You were just like Taengoo." Jessica commented. "Honest and demanding."

"I was not like that." Taeyeon defended. "I took a chance everytime I asked you out." She confessed.

"Aww....and it was all worth it." Jessica said and kissed Taeyeon's lips. "I'm so glad you took so many chances on me."

"Look, if you two are going to get all lovey-dovey, please let us know so we can give you privacy." Sunny remarked in annoyance.

"I don't mind." Yuri bluntly answered, earning a look from Sunny. "What? I don't have a problem with it. It's not like we-"

"Anyhow!" Sunny interrupted with an awkward laugh. "-why don't you talk now Yuri?"

"Sure. Even though our second meeting did not go well."

"Wae?" Taeyeon asked but Jessica just stayed quiet. "You know what happened Jessica?"

"Um...just listen to the story Taengoo."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunny arrived 10 minutes early to the designated restaurant and scanned the room for a 'Kwon Yuri.' But saw no Kwon Yuri.

"Hm. There's still a few more minutes before 12pm. I'll just wait for her then."

When Yuri did arrive however, she immediately scanned the place for Sunny. "Hm. It's already 12pm. Where is she?" But as soon as those thoughts flashed in her head, she finally saw Sunny sitting on a table by the window reading the newspaper with a cup of water next to her.

"Lee Sunny."

"Yes?"

"Nice to meet you." Yuri took of her sunglasses and took a seat across from Sunny. She then extended her hand. "I'm Kwon Yuri."

Sunny shook Yuri's hand before introducing herself. "Pleasure is mine. I'm Lee Sunny."

"I know. I heard from Jessica. In case you're wondering, she and I are best friends." Yuri said with a smile.

"Oh. Okay." Sunny answered, not really interested in such fact. And Yuri could sense Sunny's disinterest in her revelation. Yuri would just have to see if this Lee Sunny is really all that Jessica had described her to be.

"Shall we order? I waited for you so I didn't order yet."

Hmm...polite. Yuri mentally noted.

"Ah. Yes. Order anything you like. Lunch is on me today."

After receiving their meal, Yuri didn't hesitate to tell Sunny what she had wanted to say. 

"I'm sorry for accusing you the other day." Yuri sincerely apologized. 

Sunny shook her head. "It's alright. Just make sure you have the right person the next time something happens."

Yuri chuckled. "After what happened a few days ago, I'll make sure to be more attentive and careful."

Sunny merely nodded her head.

"Ah! Before I forget, here." Yuri took out an envelope form her purse and pushed it forward to Sunny. 

Sunny diverted her attention away from her food and toward the white envelope in front of her. "What is this?"

"A thankyou gift from me for helping me find the real perpetrator. I wouldn't have been able to find him without your help."

Sunny laid her chopstick down and opened the envelope, only to see money as its content. Immediately, Sunny's eyes darkened. 

"Take it back. I don't want this." Sunny pushed the envelope back toward Yuri. She then stood up. "I'm full. I'll take my leave now."

"Wait." Yuri stood up as well. Sunny barely touched her food. "I just wanted to reward you for your help. Dont be offended."

Sunny turned around to look at Yuri again. "I don't need your money. I helped you because I wanted to, not because I expected payment from you. Don't do something like this again. Money isn't everything. I'll pay for this meal. Have a nice day." And with those last insightful words, Sunny left, with a dumbfounded and appalled Yuri behind.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"OMG! Yuri, I would have tackled you down if I knew you did that." Taeyeon admitted with a disappointed look. 

"Look. I had no bad intentions. It's what me and Jessica usually do."

"You guys pay off people?"  Sunny asked. "That's just messed up."

"Hey! We only do it if they deserve it!" Jessica defended. "I mean, in the past, all the people we met only cared for the money. Right Yuri?"

"Right." Yuri agreed.

"Yeah well, Sunny and I are not like that." Taeyeon remarked. "No wonder you came home so angry that day. Now I know why."

"You didn't tell Taeyeon?" Yuri asked.

"No. Because if I did, Taeyeon would have tried to hunt you down, which is what I wanted to do when Jessica was being a total biyatch to Taeyeon."

"oh..."

"Anyhow, continue on with the story Yuri." Jessica urged, wanting to avoid any imminent grudges to arise and start problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey. Are you alright?" Yuri's manager asked her when she noticed that Yuri has been daydreaming alot more often for the past week. 

"Uh yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Well, it's just that ever since you talked to that girl, you've been spacing out alot. What are you thinking about?"

Yuri sighed and figured she can tell her manager since she's more of a sister than a manager. And so, Yuri told her what happened during her encounter with Sunny. 

"Hm. You shouldn't have done that."

"Tell me something I dont' know." Yuri sarcastically muttered. 

"Well, at least now you know that giving people money isn't the best solution to express your thanks. She probably thanks you're looking down at her or disrespecting her."

"But I'm not!"

"You and Jessica have the tendency to be selfish. So when you have time, meet her again and apologize."

"Again?"

"Yes. You obviously feel guilty."

"What? No I don't."

"If you don't, then why are you so hung up on it?"

"..."

"Exactly. Meet her again and instead of giving her money or anything, try to be her friend."

"Hm. I don't know. She seems like a difficult person."

"You're friends with Jessica Jung. I'm sure you can handle another one."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"And so what did you do?"

Yuri clapsed her hands together and rested her chin on them. "Well, I apologized again for my actions and told Sunny I would like us to be friends."

"And what did she say?" 

"I told her to think before acting and that's all." Sunny honestly answered for Jessica. "I rather not associate myself with people like Yuri."

"And what's so wrong with that?" Jessica asked, curious again. Taeyeon and Sunny are so different.

"I don't like socializing myself with people like Yuri: the famous social elite."

"True. I feel the same way. You were the only exception Jessica." Taeyeon confessed with a smile, earning one from Jessica as well. 

"Geez. I feel so special." Jessica said as she pinched Taeyeon's cheeks playfully.

"And so I told myself that I won't even bother with such a rude, ungrateful and arrogant person such as Sunny." Yuri chuckled when she recalled that past event. "But for some reason, we just kept colliding."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey I heard that you met with Kwon Yuri. What did she want?"

"Just to apologize again and be friends. But I rejected her offer."

Taeyeon was flabbergasted. "Yah! How can you reject 'the Kwon Yuri'?! Do you know how many people would want to be in your place?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hold up!" Jessica turned to Taeyeon and glared at her, who gave her a nervous smile. "You were that infatuated with Yuri?!!"

"Well, I was a fan. I mean, who doesn't know her?" Taeyeon countered. "And now that I actually know her, she's not one of those conceited and horrible two-face models."

"Thank you Taeyeon." Yuri felt flattered at such compliment.

Sunny, however, could only let out a mocking laugh. "Well, that's not how she behaved toward me. She was like a debt that will never disappear."

"Wow. Such comparison should be expected from you Sunny."

"Of course Taeyeon. Now, back to the story..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taeyeon and Sunny continued to converse with each other until they heard two very similar voices ahead of them. 

"Oh great." Sunny inhaled. "Let's just pretend we never saw them so-"

"GOOD MORNING MS. JUNG AND MS. KWON!!!" Taeyeon enthusiastically shouted before running off to greet the two women, who were quite surprised by such a loud voice in the morning.

"Ugh!" Sunny mentally facepalmed herself before slowly making her way toward Jessica and Yuri as well. "Why did I even bother with Taeyeon?"

"Well, hello. You must be Kim Taeyeon. Jessica's new personal assistant." Yuri shook Taeyeon's hand with a warm smile.

"That I am. You're so much more beautiful in person Ms. Kwon." Taeyeon then gave a dorky smile to Yuri. Yuri let out a giggle while Jessica gagged in disgust.

"Well thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

"Uh-uh. Thank you." Taeyeon could feel her face heating up. She must look like a ripened tomato now. 

"Taeyeon. Let go of her hand." Sunny remarked when she stood next to Taeyeon. Taeyeon gasped and realized that she was still holding onto Yuri's hand. 

"I'm so sorry!" She apologized and was so embarrassed. "I-I didn't even know. I'm so sorry."

"Don't mention it. As long as I have my hand back." Yuri joked but frowned once she made eye contact with Sunny. "Hello to you too."

Sunny merely bowed. "Let's go Taeyeon. Before you get in trouble again." She whispered into her best friend's ear.

"Oh. Right." Taeyeon rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Well, I have to go now and make Ms.Jung's morning coffee. It was nice seeing you."

"Same here. See you around."

And as Sunny and Taeyeon walked away, Jessica and Yuri could hear Taeyeon spazzing again. 

"Sunny! Did you hear what she said?! She said 'see you around' which means we'll meet each other again!!!"

"Jessica. Taeyeon seems like a nice person." Yuri commented as she entered her porshe.

"Yuri. You only met her once. She's not that great of a person."

"You only say that because she talks back to you."

"And no one dares to commit such crime! No one defies me.I hate her!"

"Well, you just might end up falling for her instead."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And I was right." Yuri stated with confidence and pride. "You fell for Taeyeon."

Jessica rolled her eys. "And so did you."

"What does that mean?" Sunny asked, a bit confused. "Did you hate me too?"

"You can say that."

"Wow." Taeyeon and Sunny said together. 

Taeyoen then looked at Sunny. "You only found her judgemental and ignorant right?"

Sunny nodded her head, earning a smack from Yuri. 

"Wae? It's true! You were! Everytime we met, you would start a fight with me!"

"That's because you were so indifferent toward. To everyone, I was the 'Kwon Yuri' and to you, I was non-existent."

"I treated you like a normal person babe." Sunny said with a light chuckle. "But just so you know, since I met you, I started to have an ideal woman."

"Oh? And what's that?" Jessica asked. "I'm so curious now especially when you said you didn't have one until you met Yuri."

------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to take Jessica on a date today for her birthday." Taeyeon divulged to her best friend with a smile. "So help me with some preparations."

"Wow. You've been courting her for almost a year and yet she still hasn't given you an answer." Sunny said as she laid the red tablecloth over the table. 

Taeyeon merely smiled upon hearing Sunny's statement. "She has feelings for me. But she's just hesitant."

"Why?"

"Because of her past relationships."

"Oh." Sunny knew about Jessica and Victoria. "Well, in that case, show her that you're the one for her."

"I've been doing that everyday since I confessed to her." Taeyeon explained with a smile. "But what about you and Yuri?" Taeyeon asked as she wiped two of the champagne glasses.

"What about us?" Sunny asked as she put a vase in the center of the table. 

"What do you think of her?"

Sunny stopped what she was doing so she can think about an answer to Taeyeon's question.

"Well?"

"Taeyeon. Remember how I told you I don't have an ideal type because that's being judgmental in my opinion?"

"Yes."

"Well, I changed my mind."

"You have?"

"Yep. My ideal type is anyone that is NOT Kwon Yuri."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's just mean." Yuri said with a frown and folded her arms across her chest. "Was I that bad?"

"Hey. You have to to think of our relationship up to that point. We were practically frenemies."

"She's right." Jessica inputted. "I mean, that's why Sunny wasn't your type remember?"

"Yeah. But that was before I realized I was falling in love with her." Yuri argued.

"And the same thing goes for me." Sunny calmed down Yuri with a smile. "I'm with you now aren't I?"

"Okayyy. How did you start falling for Sunny?" Now it was Taeyeon's turn to ask questions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri had called Jessica earlier saying that she had something urgent to talk to her about. And so, here was Yuri in Jessica's condo with a soju in hand.

"I have been feeling weird around Sunny lately."

"As in?" Jessica inquired as she took a bite of the stir-fried squid.

"Well, despite how I act toward her, she's always nice. And I know she dislikes me."

"That's Sunny for you. I mean, we're literally always bumping heads with each other but she still respects me and helps me in every way she can."

Yuri sighed. "Yeah. But lately, I've been feeling...how do I say this? Empty."

"Empty?"

"Yeah. Remember two nights ago when you and I went clubbing?"

"The night when you were harassed?"

"Yeah. And how Taeyeon and Sunny just happened to be there as well?"

"uh-huh." Jessica narrowed her eyes. "What's your point?"

Yuri took a shot of her soju before speaking again. "It's just that, Sunny's always there helping me. Even though I've been such a horrible person to her."

"So? Taeyeon does the same for me."

"Yeah. But, that night, she didn't leave me at all."

"You mean?" Jessica's voice raised a bit. Yuri looked at her friend and slowly nodded her head. 

"You two did it?!" Jessica jumped up from her seat, scaring Yuri in the process.

"NO! That's not what I meant!"

"Then what did you mean?"

"She stayed with me the whole night, even though I told her to leave me alone."

"So you were mad?"

Yuri smiled. "No. Honestly, I was glad and grateful she didn't leave me. After what happened at the club, I was scared as hell. I mean, it was the first time something like that has happened to me. I-"

"You?"

"I-I think I like Sunny. Alot."

"As in a crush?"

Yuri shook her head. "If you said that to me a year ago, I would say that's ridiculous. But now, it's more than just a crush. I have fallen for her."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh so you did tell me how you fell for Sunny." Jessica remarked with a thoughtful expression as she put the tip of her finger under her chin. "Now I remember."

"I know. Which is why I don't know why you told me to tell you." Yuri said and smacked Jessica slightly on her head.

"Sorry. I just forgot. I mean you told me so many things about Sunny."

"Wait a minute." Taeyeon intervened the bickering friends and held up her hand. "What exactly did my friend do to make you fall for her? I mean, it can't just be the incident at the club right?"

"Wait. Before I tell you, I want Sunny to tell how she fell for me too." Yuri adamantly demanded. 

"Yeah. What she said." Jessica quickly agreed. 

"Are you serious?" 

"Yes." Yuri, Jessica and Taeyeon answered together. 

"Yah. Taeyeon. You already know." 

"Your point is?" Taeyeon retorted with a smirk. "Hurry. Your girlfriend is waiting."

"Aish...chincha." Sunny remarked with a chuckle before pulling Yuri closer to her. "Well then, I guess it started a couple of months prior to the harassment at the club."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"No way!" Taeyeon said with utmost disbelief. "You got punched for trying to help Yuri?"

"Yeah. So?" Sunny asked without interest as she put a bandaid on the cut on her cheeks. "That crazy woman who hit me was wearing a ring too. I hope this doesn't scar."

Taeyeon scooted closer to Sunny until their faces were inches apart. 

"Wae?" Sunny retreated back a bit to put some distance between them.

"I thought you said you disliked her." 

"Yeah. So?"

"And that she was the standard of someone you would NOT date."

"What's your point?" Sunny tiredly asked as she put the first-aid box away.

Taeyeon sat down on the bed again and stared at Sunny intently. "For someone who doesn't like Yuri, you help her alot."

"Should I have not?"

"That's not what I mean."

"Then what do you mean?"

"Well, you said she's always trying to get you in trouble and purposely gives you a hard time. Didn't she give you a nickname or something that you found really childish and untrue?"

"Yeah. Whenever she sees me, she calls me Ms. Rude-ungrateful." Sunny the paused as she thought about the name. "Now that I think about, that name is hilarious."

Taeyeon stared at the laughing Sunny with a smile. "You like her."

Sunny immediately stopped laughing upon hearing Taeyeon's absurd comment. "Don't get the wrong idea. Even though we may seem like enemies, Yuri does have some good points to her as well. That's why I'm helping her."

"And what has she done exactly to change your mind?"

"Well-" Sunny plopped herself on the bed and stared at the ceiling. "-she helped me with that merger by offering to be my model spokesperson after Lee Sulli got injured. I thought I was screwed." Sunny said with a frown upon remembering that horrible event. 

"Ah. I remember that. Must have taken you a lot of courage to ask Kwon Yuri."

Sunny nodded. "Yeah. It did. I never asked for help from anyone, other than you. Before I met up with her, I really thought she would make me beg her just to save a show that my department had worked so hard on."

"..."
 

"So I prepared myself to lower my pride, even if I was being forced."

"But when I arrived at her apartment, prepared with my speech and act, I was completely wrong."

"Wae?" Taeyeon asked, as she looked at Sunny with gleaming eyes and excitement. 

"Well, she told me she knew of my dilemma, and before I could even muster a degradation of my pride to ask for her help, she offered to help me, with no payment in return." 

Sunny smiled upon recalling that memory with Yuri. "I think that was one of the few times I have seen a side of her that is rarely shown to others.A side that's not haughty, conceited, rude, impatient, demanding, whiny and-"

"So she's just like Jessica."

"Huh?" Now it was Sunny's turn to be confused. 

Taeyeon turned to her side that she and Sunny were now looking at each other. "I repeat: You.like.Yuri."

"What?!" Sunny let out a chuckle and sat up abruptly. "You're crazy!"

"No! I"m serious!! You should see how you're literally spazzing as you think about Yuri!" Taeyeon sat up as well with a firm stance on her discovery.

"Psh! I was not spazzing!" Sunny strongly protested. "I'm not like you and Jessica."

"So when you're around Yuri, you feel nothing???"

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Yes?" Sunny answered a bit unsure now. Taeyeon is really good at making her doubtful...and most of the time...

"Scared that I might be right this time too?" Taeyeon said with a smirk.

Sunny scoffed. "Psh! No. I'll prove to you that I don't like Yuri."

"Fine." Taeyeon consented. "I'll be looking forward to it." Taeyeon was more than ready to accept such challenge from her best friend. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And the outcome? Care to remind me Sunny?" Taeyeon said with a triumphant smile as she leaned back on the sofa.

"No! Don't tell! Just tell us the story as the answer." Jessica suggested. "Right Yuri?"

"Yep."

"Arasso. Then let me continue."

"Ok!" Yuri grinned as she gently squeezed Sunny's hand. "Please do tell."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Sunny walked into the company with a boost of confidence and assurance. All she needs to do is tell Taeyeon that the sight of Yuri does no magic on her. None at all.

"Psh! There's no way I like that spoiled brat of a model." Sunny grumbled to herself. "I would know it myself if I did like someone. I won't need someone else to tell me."

"Good morning Director Lee." 

"Good morning Ms. Yun." Sunny returned the smile before taking a seat on her desk.

"Director Lee. What happened to your cheek?"

"Oh this?" Sunny pointed to her band-aid. "It's nothing. Just a scratch. So did the human relations department send me the invoice?"

"Ah yes. But their fax broke down so Henry went to fetch the documents."

"Alright."

And that's how the rest of the day went. Yuri-free....

"You have a call on line 5 Director." 

"Thanks Henry. Is it Kwon Yuri again?"

Henry shook his head. "No. It's Ms. Seo from Im Corporation."

"Of course." Sunny slightly smiled to hide her disappointment. "Thank you."

What a strange day. No sudden visits from Kwon Yuri and no calls just to annoy Sunny? This is weird. Hm...but why doesn't Sunny feel happy at all.

"What's with the long face?" Taeyeon asked as she sat at the meeting table while waiting for Sunny to pack up her things. It was already 5pm. The end of work.

"Nothing." Sunny lied.

But Taeyeon knew better. "Jessica told me that Yuri was going to pay you a visit today. Did she come?"

Sunny paused a bit from packing before muttering a "No".

"Well, then it must have been nice not having to see her for one whole day."

"It's not even the end of the day yet." Sunny said, raising her voice a bit. "So she can still show up."

"AHA!"

Sunny looked at her blankly.

"So you're looking forward to seeing her. In fact, you've been waiting for her all day huh? Huh??" Taeyeon nudged as they stepped into the elevator. "Admit it. You miss her."

"No. I don't!"

"Denial. Why don't you just accept it like I did with Jessica?" 

"Because I don't miss her. And I will prove to you that I have.no.feelings.for.her." Sunny reiterated each of her words before walking off again toward teh exit, followed by an amused Taeyeon.

"Liar."

Sunny turned around to face Taeyeon. "I'm serious!"

"I believe you are." Taeyeon sarcastically stated, pissing off Sunny even more.

"Just watch. When I see her, I'll tell her that I have no interest in her."

"Ok. Here's your chance." Taeyeon smirked as she gestured toward the back of Sunny with her eyes, causing the latter to stiffen immediately. "Because she's coming toward us right now."

"Sunny!!!"

Sunny gulped upon hearing the voice she once found so annoying. Omg...what is happening to her?

"Sunny. Taeyeon. I'm so glad you're still here." Yuri said with a smile as Taeyeon slowly helped Sunny to turn around to face the beautiful model.

"Now Sunny. Tell Yuri what you just told me." Taeyeon urged with a knowing smile. 

"Tell me what?" Yuri then saw Sunny's cheek. "Oh my god. Is that what happened yesterday? I'm so sorry. I wanted to come earlier in the day to see you but I had so much scheduled for today. Are you alright?"

But as Yuri reached forward to touch Sunny's cheek, the latter began to feel hot and her heart beats skipping exponentially. 

"ANDWAE!!!!!"

Yuri retracted her arm. "Huh?"

"Hahaha." Taeyeon broke out in laughter while Sunny gradually realized what she had just done.

"Are you ok?" Yuri asked, in concern.

"I-I-I'm leaving." And Sunny scurried away,leaving behind a baffled Yuri.

"Hahaha. Don't mind her. She just lost a challenge against me."

"Really? What was the challenge?"

"Just...finally knowing what's real and not."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So that's why you've been acting so good to me afterwards." Yuri finally realized. "You realized your feelings for me first?"

"It was hard accepting it." Sunny confessed.

"Why?" 

"Well Jessica. Just in case you haven' noticed, me and Yuri are total opposites. Falling for her is just...unbelievable."

Yuri was offended. "Yah! Do you know how popular I am? I was everyone's ideal woman."

"Not mine." Sunny pointed to herself. "At that time at least."

"And you were really dense Yuri." Taeyeon commented wiht a sigh as she recalled Sunny's wasteful attempts at hinting her feelings to Yuri.

"I mean,  Sunny tried every way to give you hints that she had feelings for you."

"What did she do?" Jessica wanted to know. "Yah! I'm the only one who doesn't know here!"

"Jessica. I already told you."

Jessica ignored Yuri's truthful statement. "So? I want to hear it again. Just name a few things you did for our Yuri."

"Well, I reserved a vip booth for us at a famous restaurant."

"Which I was highly impressed." Yuri pointed out.

"But Yuri invited Jang Geun Seuk to join us when she saw him with his girlfriend." Sunny bitterly stated.

Yuri smiled apologetically at Sunny. "Yah. I really thought it was just because you were in a nice mood so that's why you took me out to such a fancy restaurant. And Geun Seuk is a good friend of mine."

"Wow...you're really oblivious." 

"Your comments are not welcomed Taeyeon." Yuri hissed and glared at Taeyeon.

"Both of you shut up!" Jessica then smiled at Sunny. "Continue."

"And then there was the time when I took her to the movies."

"Oh my god." Yuri hid her face in her hands from embarrassment.

"What did she do?"

"She fell asleep when I told her the synopsis of the movie, which was similar to our situation."

"And then there was the time when after a long day at the amusement park, Iwas talking to her as we sat down and I told her my feelings but she fell asleep again."

"And then when all my attempts failed, I pulled a k-drama."

"What?" 

"Well, all my hints were going nowhere so I one day, I decided to just confess to her."

"Oh...I remember what happened. Yuri already told me." Jessica felt sorry for Sunny, even though it was in the past. "She felt bad. She really did."

"After saying such harsh words to Sunny, she better had felt bad." Taeyeon reminded wiht a sigh as she remembered how miserable Sunny was after confessing. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"So. How did it go? Did she say yes?" Taeyeon fervently asked the moment Sunny entered their shared apartment. But Sunny was unresponsive. "Sunny?" Taeyeon's excitement gradually died down when she saw how crestfallen Sunny was. "Sunny?"

"I got rejected."

"Oh my god." Taeyeon quickly hugged Sunny before holding her at an arm's length. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I'm fine with the rejection."

"You are?" Taeyeon didn't believe it one bit. 

"Well, I'm not. But I'm just really hurt right now."

"But it's not from the rejection?"

Sunny shook her head. 

"Then what did Yuri do? Or did she say something?"

Sunny let out a bitter chuckle. "Gosh. I was so stupid!!"

"Sunny! That's not true!"

"You want to know what she said to me after I confessed?"

"..."

"She laughed in my face. That's what she did. And she told me that I'm not the first one to have confessed."

Taeyeon was suprised. Kwon Yuri said that? 

"And then she said that as a model, she has a reputation to uphold. What's so bad about me huh? Is it because I'm not rich enough? Not famous? Or because I'm an orphan?!" Sunny cried in demand. 

"Sunny..." Taeyeon didn't know what to do or say to comfort her friend so she just hugged her tightly. "You're Lee Sunny. My bestfriend and my sister."

"..."

"I'm sorry. If only I didn't interfere, none of this would've happened." Taeyeon regretfully stated as she recalled how she was the one who made Sunny realize her feelings and persuaded her to confess. "I'm so sorry."

Sunny loosened the hug so she can look at Taeyeon. "Hey. It's not your fault. If in all, it was my decision. And I don't regret it."

"But-"

"No buts! I'll be fine by tomorrow." Sunny reassured. "So in the meantime, just focus on your love life."

Taeyeon sniffed from crying and smiled at Sunny. "Sisters?" She asked and held out a fist.

"Always." Sunny smiled and fist bumped Taeyeon. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I told you so Yuri."

"Shut up Jessica."

"Jessica. You're not so good yourself you know? You've done some things that weren't so nice." Taeyeon lectured bringing in Jessica closer to her.

"Ugh! Don't even remind me. I almost lost you because of that." Jessica said with a frown.

"But you didn't." Taeyeon reassured and kissed Jessica's lips. 

"I regretted it so much. I felt so horrible." Yuri confessed. "And then you ignoring and avoiding me only made me feel worse."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You really said all that? You could've just said you weren't interested." Jessica asserted her opinion. "Poor Sunny. She must be heartbroken."

"She'll be fine. Besides, its for the best."

"How so?"

"It won't work out between us."

"How do you know?"

"I'm a model. I've dated before and all those relationships were just a waste of my time."

"Well, Sunny doesn't think you're a waste of time."

Yuri looked at Jessica with a 'what does that mean' look. 

Jessica held up her hands in mock defense. "Don't get me wrong. It's your decison and all but, I strongly believe that Sunny is one of those faithful and loving girlfriend."

"That's what I told you about Taeyeon. Why are you using that against me now?"

Jessica rolled her eyes at her friend's defensiveness. "How did you feel after rejecting her?"

"..."

"Nothing?"

"She's not my type Jessica." Yuri said with a chuckle. "We're complete opposites."

"Opposites attract. But it doesn't matter since you really dont' think much about her."

"Yeah. I don't." But those words, for some reason, was more of a persuasion to herself than to Jessica.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks have passed since Sunny's confession and during that time, whenever Sunny and Yuri would meet in the company or at hangouts with Taeyeon and Jessica, Sunny would act coldly toward Yuri.

"She's been avoiding me Jessica." Yuri voiced out her frustrations to her bestfriend when they decided to hangout together over the weekend at Yuri's house. 

"So what?" Jessica asked as she opened the soju bottle. "I thought you hated her. Isn't this a good thing?"

"That's what I thought." Yuri mumbled but Jessica heard it. Jessica stopped pouring the soju in to the shot glasses and joined Yuri on the sofa. 

"What's wrong?"

Yuri sighed. "It's just that, before, we'll always bicker with each other but even so, Sunny was a nice person. She was tolerant of my attitude and would help me even when I didn't ask or she'll just be there when I really needed comforting."

"So you miss spending time with her?"

"I don't know. I mean, I've been thinking to how good she's been treating prior to the confession and realized that she was so...honest."

"Explain."

"She doesn' t change herself to impress me. She accepts me for who I am and tells me when I do something wrong. She's just so damn considerate." Yuri pointed out in exasperation.

"..."

"Jessica."

"Hm?"

"I don't like this feeling of feeling empty."

Jessica smiled. She had an idea of what Yuri was feeling but she'll let Yuri figure that herself. "Well, then, let's drink the emptiness away."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And it wasn't until the club incident that I finally realized my feelings for you. Which I had already told in the beginning." Yuri said with a loving smile before cuddling up to Sunny again. 

"But the events after was worse."

"Wae?" 

Jessica looked at Taeyeon straight in the eyes. "Because of you."

"Me?" Taeyeon pointed to herself then looked at Yuri and Sunny. "What did I do?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri was happy. Why? Because she will get to see Sunny again. After realizing her feelings, she has been trying to meet with Sunny to apologize and explain herself. And maybe, start over as lovers. :D

But her happiness slowly disappeared when she overheard the workers in Sunny's gossiping as she passed by near the break room.

"Taeyeon and Sunny are dating?!" One of the workers asked in disbelief. "No way."

"They're always together and look really happy with eachother. This one time, I even saw them intimately hugging each other."

Taeyeon hugging Sunny??? Intimately? ---Yuri's clenched her fist in anger upon hearing that. No one touches Sunny!

"But they're just friends aren't they?" Another worker asked.  "That's what Taeyeon told me."

"Puhlease. Friends can be lovers in the blink of an eye." A woman worker answered with a snap of her fingers. "Just like this."

"Well, if they are dating, I won't mind. They make a cute couple." Another one interjected with support. "Sunyeon!"

Yuri could withstand no more. So she walked away, determined more than ever, to see Sunny as soon as possible. But when she entered the Marketing department, she saw Taeyeon and Sunny acting rather intimately together. Well, it was more like Sunny sitting on her seat while Taeyeon stood next to her. Both were reviewing some proposals.

"LEE SUNNY!"

Both Taeyeon and Sunny looked up to see a furious Yuri glaring at them. 

"Uh. May I help you?" Sunny asked, a bit taken aback by such rudeness. "Since you made a rather loud entrance."

Instead of answering, Yuri walked over and pushed Taeyeon away from Sunny. 

"What the hell?!!" Taeyeon exclaimed. "what's your problem?"

"Stay away from Sunny you womanizer!"

"Huh?" Taeyeon and Sunny looked at each other in confusion. "Is she on drugs?"

"Maybe." Sunny answered, still looking at Yuri strangely. "I don't want to start off my morning with a spurt of bad blood so can you leave Ms. Kwon."

"Ms. Kwon?" What happened to just Yuri? or Yul?

"We need to talk." Yuri demanded before  looking at Taeyeon. "Without her."

"I know when I'm not needed. I'll see you later Sunny. Don't forget our lunch date."

"Arasso. Better hurry before Jessica skins you alive."

Taeyeon smiled at Sunny but glared at Yuri before leaving the office. 

As soon as Taeyeon left, Yuri went straight to the point. "Why have you been avoiding me for this past month?"

Sunny flipped through the documents in front of her, showing no interest in Yuri's question. "I have?"

"Yes. Can you look at me when you're talking?!"

Sunny sighed before complying. "Listen, Ms. Kwon."

"Yuri."

"I know what I'm saying. Anyhow, listen to what I have to say Ms. Kwon. I am merely doing what I should have been doing from the beginning. You and I are nothing more but acquaintance through Jessica and Taeyeon. If there is anything between us, which I doubt there is, it's strictly business. So please stay professional and don't do this again." Sunny said in a rather angry tone. 

"Is it because of what I said to you?" Yuri asked in a quivering voice as she looked to the side. 

Sunny felt a pang of pain when she automatically reminded of that painful night. "No." She lied. "Can you leave now?"

But Yuri wasn't stupid. She knew it was because of her and her harsh actions that caused such catastrophe. "Are you dating Taeyeon?"

"What?" Now that was not a question that Sunny expected to hear.

"You heard me the first time. Taeyeon is courting Jessica. How can you date her? She doesn't even like you!" 

"Kwon Yuri!" Sunny yelled and stood up. But Yuri remained in her spot, unfazed by Sunny's sudden loud voice. "My personal life is none of your business." Sunny spoke in a controlled and lower voice. "Do you understand?" She growled.

"But-"

But Yuri couldn't say anymore because the rest of the team members have returned from their break. 

"Fine. But this isn't over. We're not over!" And with those last words whispered to Sunny, Yuri left, with even more determination.

"I'm not going to give up." And her next target: Kim Taeyeon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But as you know, we ended up helping and supporting each other." Taeyeon stated with a grin.

"Yeah. But it took us a while before we cleared the misunderstanding and for you to forgive me for what I did to Sunny." Yuri said with a pout as she pointed at Taeyeon.

"Well yeah. If I did the same thing to Jessica, you would've made me your slave for a week too."

"She made you her slave? I didn't know that." Sunny said with an amused smile. "You're crazy."

"Well, I was crazy in love with you and wanted Taeyeon to forgive me too."  

"Aww. You're so adorable and sweet." Sunny playfully pinched her nose. "But now that I know, I should kick your Taeyeon."

"Not if I kick yours first." Taeyeon challenged. 

"Now now kids. Play nice. It was all in the past." Jessica intervened calmly and pulled Taeyeon back. "And we all know that Taeyeon had already forgiven Yuri the first time but just needed to see how far she was willing to go for Sunny."

"Are you serious?"

"Of course. I would know. I felt that fear of losing Taeyeon." 

Sunny couldn't help but let out a smile when she saw the loving Taengsic couple in front of her. "So Yuri, what happened next?"

Yuri raised her head from Sunny's shoulder to look at her girlfriend lovingly with a dorky smile. "Operation SunRi."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Long chapter.  One more and that's it. SunRi lovestory is going to come to a close. Worked hard on this so do comment. I love reading and hearing from all my readers. :D

Enjoy!