Stay

Calming of the Ice vs Freezing of the Calm

Another update. Okay...just so you guys know. I decided to prolong this story by one chapter. lol...it just happened. Now, enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jessica woke up extra early to make up for lost time with Taeyeon over the weekend. She has not seen or heard from Taeyeon since their last encounter on last Friday.   Every since she found out that Taeyeon was ‘kidnapped’ by her ‘fiance’, she hasn’t been able to get proper sleep let alone focus on anything else. Krystal reassured her that Taeyeon was safe and sound, but Jessica could not be relieved of any anxiety until she received solid proof. Fortunately, on Sunday night, she received a call from Yuri, telling her that Sunny was with Taeyeon and the latter was safe. But that was all.

Taeyeon has been absent from work for 3 days now. It’s already Wednesday but it was not any ordinary Wednesday. Today was the day Taeyeon will come back to work. Sunny had personally told her so the day before.

Jessica can finally see Taeyeon and apologize for her mistake and actions. 4 days was long enough for her. She missed Taeyeon so much. She only hopes that Taeyeon can forgive her….

“Oh. Good morning Ms. Jung.”

Jessica smiled at the receptionist working in the lobby. “Good morning Sunye. Has Ms. Kim arrived yet?”

Sunye shook her head. “Not yet. But she should be coming any time soon since she usually gets to work at 8am.”

Jessica checked her wristwatch. It was 7:50am. “Thank you.” Jessica bowed to which Sunye gladly returned.

Once Jessica entered her office, she hung up her jacket on the stand along with her Louis Vuitton purse. She then began to pace around, trying to ease her nervousness of meeting Taeyeon. She knows what she wants to say to Taeyeon. She regretted her actions and wants to start over with Taeyeon. The person who has stayed by her side and loved her unconditionally. She only hopes she can be given another chance.

Around 8:15am, Jessica finally heard a knock on the door. Jessica quickly ran to sit in her seat and fixed her clothes as soon as she sat down. She then took some deep breathes before uttering a ‘come in.’

Taeyeon entered her office with a bow before walking over to place the cup of coffee on Jessica’s desk. “Good morning Ms.Jung. Sorry for being late. There was a long line at the café.”

Jessica grimaced at the formality in Taeyeon’s tone and language. “It’s okay.” Jessica retorted with a fake smile. “So, I heard what happened. Is everything alright?” Jessica carefully initiated the conversation.

Taeyeon ignored Jessica’s question and just opened up the agenda notebook.  “Today you have a meeting with the board of directors at 11am and then you have a meeting with the marketing and PR department at 3pm. And your father has requested your presence before you leave.”

“Taengoo.”

“And that should be all for today Ms. Jung.” Taeyeon finished and closed the agenda. “Is there anything else you need me to do?” Taeyeon continued to speak in a stoic and professional voice of formality. She kept an expression of seriousness.

“Taengoo.” Jessica called in a more gentle and shaken voice. “Don’t ignore me. Please.” Jessica pled as she stood up and tried to reach for Taeyeon’s hands. But Taeyeon swiftly backed away to put some documents on Jessica’s desk.

Jessica frowned and was hurt at Taeyeon’s indifference.

“Excuse me Ms. Jung. But I have some work that I must complete.” And with that, Taeyeon left the office, without allowing Jessica to say anything.

--------------------------

“Hm. I knew this would happen.” Yuri commented as she joined Jessica for lunch in a nearby ramyun restaurant. “I mean, Taeyeon would want to avoid you after all that has happened.”

Jessica sighed. “I know.” She replied dejectedly.  “Why are you here anyways?”

“Thought you’ll never ask. I’m done early today and wanted to pay a surprise visit to Sunny.” Yuri said with a smile, which quickly disappeared once she saw a frowning Jessica. “Sorry.”

“Its okay.  I’m happy for the both of you.”

“Thanks. Oh! Sunny!!” Yuri waved at Sunny, who had just entered the restaurant with Taeyeon. It seemed like they were talking about something serious. Sunny and Taeyeon stopped conversing upon hearing Yuri’s voice.

“Yuri?” Sunny hugged Yuri who met her halfway. “What are you doing here? Don’t you have a photoshoot?”

“My photoshoot was finished early so I wanted to come visit you. And since you’r e on lunch break too, let’s eat together.” Yuri suggested with a smile.

“Sure.”

“You two go ahead. I’m going to eat somewhere else.”

“Why?”Sunny asked but knew the answer to Taeyeon’s sudden declination when she saw Jessica looking at them from the distance. “Oh. Come on Taeyeon. You can’t avoid her forever you know.”

Taeyeon let out a sigh. “Fine. Let’s go.”

“Great! Let’s go.” Yuri enthusiastically exclaimed as she linked her arms with Sunny.

“Hi Jessica.” Sunny greeted as she took a seat next to Yuri.

“Hi Sunny.” Jessica then looked at Taeyeon. “Hi. Taengoo.”

“My name’s Taeyeon. Not Taengoo.” Taeyeon coldly retorted as she looked through the menu.

Sunny and Yuri looked at each other with a ‘better stay out of their business’ look while Jessica felt a stunned at Taeyeon’s cold treatment.

“Oh. Sorry.” Jessica weakly apologized, gazing down at her menu as well.  

Throughout lunch, there were idle chats among the four, but most between Sunny and Yuri. Taeyeon and Jessica stayed quiet, although Jessica would occasionally steal glances at Taeyeon.

“Yuri. Want to go watch a movie with me tonight?” Sunny asked as they walked back to the company with intertwined hands.

“Sure.” Yuri replied with a smile. “I can’t wait.”

“Great. I’ll pick you up at 7?”

“Sounds like a date.” Yuri teased.

“It is a date.” Sunny bluntly answered. “Why else would I want to see a movie with you?”

“Well, that’s because anyone can go see a movie with each other.” Taeyeon answered.

“That’s true.” Jessica agreed. “I’ve been to the movies with friends. And they’re not dates.”

“Exactly!” Yuri exclaimed in indignation.

Sunny rolled her eyes. “Yuri. In case you haven’t notice, I don’t just go ‘out’ with anyone, let alone other people. Except for Taeyeon.  So when I want to go out with you, do I have to say it’s a date, even when we’re dating?”

“Yes.” Yuri and Jessica answered together.

Taeyeon laughed at Jessica and Yuri’s answer. “You heard them. Jessica is Yuri’s loyal supporter and best friend for a reason.”

Jessica smiled upon seeing Taeyeon laughing. She’s glad that she was able to make Taeyeon happy, even for a brief moment.

“Whatever. Fine. I’ll keep that in mind. It’s good that I know that now.” Sunny said in defeat, although she was smiling the entire time.

“Your first date?” Jessica asked as she looked at Yuri and Sunny.

“Yes. I’m excited already.” Yuri spazzed.

Taeyeon smiled. “Trust me Yuri. Everyday you spend with the person you love is better than a date. Precious moments that should be treasure and valued.” Taeyeon then walked ahead, not waiting for Sunny or Yuri’s response.

Jessica felt so awful upon hearing Taeyeon’s statement. Why does she feel like that was directed at her?

---------------------

The next day…

“Come in.” Jessica replied as she picked put on her jacket and retrieved her purse. “Taeyeon? You haven’t left yet?”

Taeyeon shook her head. But it seemed like Taeyeon had also readied herself to leave. “I had some more work to finish.”

“Did you finish?”

Taeyeon nodded her head.

“Good. Well, then, let’s go shall we?” Jessica said with a smile but stopped in her tracks once she was blocked by Taeyeon.

Jessica looked at Taeyeon in silence as the latter reached in to her purse to retrieve something. After a few seconds, Taeyeon held out a white envelope toward Jessica.

Letter of Resignation

Jessica was shocked. “What-what’s the meaning of this?”

“I’m quitting.”

“I know. But why?”

“I think you and I both know why I’m quitting.”

“…”

“I believe that you and I should not see each other again. It’s for the best. Everything that has happened, good or bad, I will never forget. Thank you for putting up with me.”

“Here.” Taeyeon placed the envelope in Jessica’s hand. She then bowed. “Thank you for everything. Goodbye.”

It was too much for Jessica. Leave? Best? Not see each other again? No! That can’t be. But Taeyeon was already gone by the time she understood what had just happened.

“No.” She muttered to herself before running off to chase after Taeyeon. “I’m not letting you go Kim Taeyeon.”

By the time Jessica was outside of the company, Taeyeon had entered an unfamiliar car with a few men.

“That must be her fiancé and his lackeys.”Jessica uttered spitefully as she started her own Mercedes.

Jessica then called Yuri. “Yuri. Is Sunny with you?”

“Yes. Why do-“

“I need to talk to Sunny. Now!”

“Hello?” Sunny answered the phone.

“Sunny! Where does Taeyeon’s family live?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“I-She’s leaving. She quit her job. I can’t let her leave.” Jessica exasperately explained. “Please tell me.”

Sunny sighed. “Look Jessica. Even if I were to tell you, there’s no point of going there now.”

Jessica’s heart sank. “Why-why not? Do they hate me for what I’ve done? I can explain to them and ask for forgiveness. Just tell me.”

Meanwhile, Sunny sighed over the phone and then looked at Yuri. “Just tell her Sunny.”

“Tell me what?” Jessica asked over the phone.

“Jessica. Taeyeon’s leaving for Japan tonight.”

“…”

“Didn’t Yuri tell you? The wedding is this weekend. So just wait for-“

“No! What time is her flight?”

“7:30pm. Why-“

“Bye!”

“What the?” Sunny returned Yuri’s phone to her. “Jessica just hung up on me. Didn’t she know about the wedding?”

Yuri could only smile and whistle blissfully. But Sunny knew better.

“Kwon Yuri. What did you do?”

But Yuri kept mum but now with a devishlish smirk on.

“Never mind. Tell me later when you’re not all crazy.” Sunny commented before continuing to cook again.

“Yah!”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Incheon Airport, 6:55pm*

“Taeyeon-ah. You feeling alright?”

Taeyeon looked at the man next to her and smiled. “I’m fine Hyunjoong-oppa. Just a bit tired.”

“Are you sure about that?” The other man sitting to her right questioned. “You’ve been silent ever since we left the company. Is it because of Jessica?” He asked, his voice raised a bit.

“…”

“Ha! I knew it!”

“Jonghyun. Calm down. It’s a difficult time for her.” Another tall man with newly dyed black hair answered as he handed Taeyeon a cup of water.  “Drink this.”

“Thank you Heechul-oppa.”

“No problem. Want to talk about it?”

Taeyeon shook her head.

“We already know what happened.” Another tall man with a sturdy and muscular figure intervened. “Stop pestering her.”

“Jaejoong. We’re just worried.” Jonhyun answered.

Before any fight, Taeyeon finally spoke. “Listen. I’m alright. I’m just a bit heartbroken but I’ll get over it.”

Hyungjoong, Jaejoong, Jonghyun and Heechul gathered around Taeyeon and gave her a group hug.

“Are you sure you can go through with the wedding?” Heechul asked as he wiped a tear from Taeyeon’s face.

“Yeah.”

“You want me to teach Jessica Jung a lesson?” Jonghyun asked, as he cracked his knuckles. Taeyeon laughed at the suggestion.

“Why do you always resort to violence Jonghyun?” Hyunjoong asked and flicked Jonghyun’s forehead.

“Yeah.” Jaejoong added and punched Jonhyun’s arms. “Be mature.”

Jonghyun shrugged. “Hey. It’s one thing I’m really good at. Right Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon shook her head and chuckled. “If necessary, I can do that myself.”

“Flight 298 will leave in 25 minutes.”

“Well, at least you’re laughing again.” Heechul lovingingly patted Taeyeon’s head. “Ready to go?”

“Yep. Let’s go.” Taeyeon took a deep breath and stood up. “Have a wedding to attend.”

But Taeyeon took less than 10 steps when she heard someone calling her name.

“Hm. Do you hear that?”

“Wae?” Jaejoong asked, looking at Taeyeon. “Hear what?”

“I heard my name.”

“I don’t hear anything.” Jonghyun said as he scanned the crowds of people. “There’s so many people here. It could be anyone.”

“Yeah. You’re right.”

Kim Taeyeon!!!!!!

Taeyeon stopped again, and this time, so did Hyungjoong, Jaejoong, Jonghyun and Heechul.

“That voice…”

The others looked at her in confusion. “Sounds familiar?”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon continued to scan the crowds of people. “Sounds a lot like-“

“KIM TAEYEON!!!”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened when she saw a very familiar blonde woman running toward her at full speed. As the woman got closer, Taeyeon finally knew who it was.

“Jessica?”

Taeyeon was confused. Why was Jessica here?

“Jessica. What are you doing here?”

Jessica, who was panting from all her running, slowly walked toward Taeyeon. “You.”

“Me?” The four men pointed to themselves upon hearing what the beautiful woman in front of them had just said.

“Well, if you say so.” Jaejoong then stepped forward, followed by the other three. “What is it?”

Jessica glared at the four men standing beside Taeyeon. “Not you monkeys. I’m talking to her!” Jessica then pointed at Taeyeon.

“Oh. Should’ve said that then.” Hyunjoong cooly answered. “When you said ‘you’, that could be anyone.”

“Monkey? Did she just call this-“ Jaejoong pointed to his handsome face with a pout. “-a monkey face?”

“Oh shut up Jaejoong.” Jonghyun answered before addressing Jessica. “And who are you?”

“I’m her girlfriend!” Jessica pointed at Taeyeon, who was surprised at what she had just heard.

“You’re Jessica?” Heechul asked. He then smiled. “Oh. It’s nice to finally meet you. Right guys?” The other three nodded their head and all four extended their hands, although Jonghyun hesitated. “Be nice.”

“Oh you have? Then you must also know that I won’t let her marry you!” Jessica pointed at Heechul and pulled Taeyeon to stand behind her.

“Uh….what are you doing?” Taeyeon asked, confused.

“Marry me?” Heechul pointed at to himself.

“Yeah you! You must be her fiancée considering how you had your hands all over her earlier when she left the company with you and your monkey boys.”

“Okay. Just to make this clear. We are not monkeys.” Jaejoong will not let anyone call him a monkey or any kind of animal.

“Yeah. Stop with the insults.” Hyunjoong added with a smirk. “But I guess I can tolerate it since you’re such a beautiful woman.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes upon hearing Hyunjoong’s comment. “Hyunjoong.”

“Oops. Sorry.” Hyunjoong apologized with a nervous smile. “Won’t do that again.”

“If you’re Jessica, then you’re dead.” Jonghyun proclaimed and advanced toward Jessica but was held back by Hyunjoong and Jonghyun. “Yah! Let me go!” But one deadly look from Taeyeon and the others and he knew he had better refrain himself. “Fine. Geez.”

Jessica could care less though. Her target was this man in front of her. “You-“

“My name’s Heechul.”

“Whatever. I won’t let you marry Taeyeon. You understand?” Jessica declared and spread out her arms to prevent him from going near her.

1…2…3….

Hyunjoong, Jaejoong, Jonghyun and Heechul broke out in laughters. Taeyeon could only facepalm herself while Jessica was confused.  This isn’t funny at all!

Attention. Flight 298! 15 minutes until departure!

After calming down, Heechul finally spoke, although still have little laughing fits.

“Jessica. Stop this shenanigan.” Taeyeon pushed down Jessica’s arms that was blocking her and walked toward the four men. “Let’s go.”

“No!” Jessica tightly grasped Taeyeon’s hand. “You can’t!!”

“Let me go Jessica!” Taeyeon yelled and pulled her hand away. “Leave!”

Jessica’s tears couldn’t be held in anymore and she began to cry at how harsh Taeyeon was treating her. “Please! I’m sorry!”

“Too late!” Taeyeon screamed back, making Jessica flinch. “Didn’t you want me to leave?! HUH?!!”

“I-I..I misunderstood.”

Taeyeon scoffed. “You didn’t even let me explain. So why should I give you that privilege?”

Jessica extended a shaking hand and held Taeyeon’s arm in fear from losing the woman she loved forever. “I-please I regret my actions. I was just too angry.” Jessica was sobbing now, attracting attention from passerbys.

Taeyeon was resilient in her decision. She wasn’t going to allow Jessica to hurt her again. She gently removed Jessica’s hand from her arm. “I’m leaving. And there’s nothing you can do about it.”

“But we can.”

Taeyeon turned around to see Jaejoong, Hyunjoong, Jonghyun and Heechul looking at her with disdain and disapproval.

“You are going to stay and work this out with Jessica.” Jaejoong told Taeyeon sternly. “I don’t want you to regret your decision.”

“But-“

“No Taeyeon. As much as I dislike Jessica for what she has done to you, don’t you think she deserves a chance to explain herself?” Jonghyun adviced. “Remember how you felt when she didn’t allow you to?”

“Wow. I’m impressed Jonghyun.” Hyunjoong teased.

“Touch me and you die Hyunjoong.” Jonghyun warned with his arms crossed.

“Okay.” Hyunjoong answered in mock defeat with a chuckle before adding his input as well. “Both of you need to talk this out. It’s so obvious that you two still love each other.” He said with a smile.

“Don’t you agree Taeyeon?” Jaejoong asked as he looked at Taeyeon affectionately.

Taeyeon just turned her head away, to avoid looking at any one of them. She was angry…angry, hurt, confused, and scared. Why are they doing this?

“Taeyeon. You’re staying here to work things out with Jessica.”

“But Heechul-oppa-“

“No buts.” Heechul was firm in his decision. “This is the best thing for the both of you.”

Taeyeon knew there was no point in arguing. This is for the best. Regrets are one thing she hates the most.

“I hate having brothers.” Taeyeon muttered with a playful glare. “Where’s Hayeon when you need her?”

Jessica couldn’t believe it. Brothers???? What?!!! “Brothers?” Jessica looked at the four men who had gathered around Taeyeon in astonishment. “They’re all your brothers?”

Taeyeon nodded her head. “Of course. Who did you think they were?”

“I-I- thought- Stupid Yuri lied to me!” Jessica felt so embarrassed at accusing Heechul and being so rude to Taeyeon’s brothers. She just made a horrible first impression for Taeyeon’s brothers! She’s going to kill Yuri for this!

“Like I said, both of you need to talk and sort out this problem.” Heechul said with a laugh, upon remembering what Jessica had accused him of being.

“Um, yeah. I’m so sorry for what I’ve done to all of you. Please forgive me.” Jessica then bowed multiple times.

“Hey. It’s fine. It was fun.” Jaejoong said. “Right guys?”

“Yes.”

“No.”

Hyunjoong pushed Jonghyun away. “Don’t mind Jonghyun. He’s on his period.”

“Yah!”

Everyone, except for Jessica, who didn’t dare to laugh in fear of making another bad impression, laughed at Hyunjoong’s joke.

“Okay. Well we better board the plane before we get left behind.” Jaejoong suggested before grabbing his luggages, followed by his brothers.

“Bye oppas.  I’ll be at the family dinner on Saturday.” Taeyeon yelled as she waved bye.

“Got it kiddo. Bye Jessica!” Jaejoong and the others waved bye to Jessica as well, who responded with a wave and smile too.

As soon as her brothers disappeared from her view, Taeyeon turned to Jessica. “What’s with the fiasco of Heechul-oppa being my fiancée?”

“Well, Yuri told me that you were forced into an arranged marriage. And um, yeah. I saw Heechul helping you to the car when you left the company and thought he was your fiancée.”

“You followed me?”

Jessica finally looked at Taeyeon and nodded. “I won’t let you leave.”

“Aigoo.” Taeyeon said with a sigh, although she felt happy knowing that Jessica was willing to chase her all the way to the airport just to stop her from leaving. “Let’s go.”

“Wh-where?” Jessica asked as she followed Taeyeon.

“Somewhere to talk. Wasn’t that what you wanted?”

Jessica shook her head.

“Then what?” Taeyeon looked at her as they stood outside of the airport and under the night sky.

“You.”

Taeyeon felt her heart beating much faster upon hearing Jessica’s sincere and blunt answer.

Jessica then decided to take a risk. Jessica quickly intertwined her hands with Taeyeon.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked, blushing at the sudden skin contact, but held her emotions under control by putting up a stoic expression.

Jessica sensed that Taeyeon must have been angered by her initiation of physical contact. “Sorry.” But just as Jessica loosened her hold, Taeyeon tightened it again.

“Just so your hands stay warm.” Taeyeon reasoned as they now waited at the traffic light to cross.  “That’s it. It’s not because I miss you or anything. So don’t get the wrong idea.” Taeyeon quickly reasoned but Jessica knew better.

Jessica smiled and loosened the distance so she can hold Taeyeon’s arm as well. “Thank you. And I missed you too.”

Taeyeon let out a fake cough to relieve her off the immense emotions that was coursing through her body. She was beginning to feel giddy.

“Where did you park?” Taeyeon asked as both of them crossed the street.

“In the red zone. It probably got towed away by now.”

“You shouldn’t have parked in the red zone.” Taeyeon lectured, not liking how irresponsible Jessica was. “That’s something new.”

“Well, it’s either my car gets towed and I pay a fine or I lose you. And I chose you.” Jessica answered honestly as she tightened her hold on Taeyeon.

Taeyeon didn’t know how to respond to that so she didn’t. “Then let’s just take a taxi.”

It didn’t take long until they finally got a taxi.

“By the way, my younger sister, Hayeon, is the one getting married.”

Jessica let out a chuckle. “I’m glad.”

“Where do you want to go?” Taeyeon asked, giving up when Jessica refused to let go of the hold she had on Taeyeon. Instead, she held Taeyeon’s hand the whole time in the taxi.

Jessica knew exactly where she would want to go. “The beach. Let’s go to the beach.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One more chapter left. :D 

-anighangel