Oasis

Calming of the Ice vs Freezing of the Calm

Hello. I'm happy to say that I have returned for the time being since I am on my break. :D I will try to update all of my stories so please do read my other stories if you have time or you don't if you dont want to. I'm cool with either. :D Now...enjoy!!

** may have grammar mistakes. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"How long is she planning on staying here tonight?" Taeyeon asked to herself as she followed Jessica, who was walking ahead of her slowly. Ever since they exited the taxi and arrived, Jessica finally let go of her hold on Taeyeon but asked for Taeyeon to follow her. Taeyeon kept her distance and was thankful for the moon light shining upon the shore. But 20 minutes have passed and Jessica has not spoken at all. What was Jessica planning? Or thinking? Didn't they come here to talk? 

"Jessica!" 

Jessica stopped in her tracks upon hearing her name. She soon felt Taeyeon passing by her and standing in front of her. 

"Hey. Why are you ignoring me?"

"..."

"Jessica." Taeyeon reached forward and held her gently by the shoulders. "Are you alright?"

"..."

"Jessica."

*sigh*

That was all Jessica could do before she slowly looked into Taeyeon's eyes. "Taeyeon."

"Yes?" Taeyeon retreated her hands and folded her arms across her chest. 

"I'm ready to talk."

"Bwhol?" Taeyeon retorted. "So you ignored me for the past 20 minutes because you weren't ready to talk to me?"

Jessica nodded her head in agreement. "I was organizing my thoughts."

"Well. Since you're ready now, speak."

Jessica tensed a bit at the seriousness of Taeyeon's tone and stature, but its now or never. 

"I was wrong. I should have been more rational and let you explain. But instead, I acted and rashly and hurted you. I'm so sorry. It's just that I-I felt so angry when I saw you so happy with Sunny and kissing her."

"I didn't kiss her." Taeyeon corrected. "I was merely wiping off dirt from her face that resulted from our wrestling."

Jessica sighed. "So that's why." She whispered feelign like a complete dummy. She was so embarrassed. 

"Continue." 

"Huh?" Jessica looked up again at Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "Listen Jessica. You wanted to talk to me so I am here, listening to you. So don't space out on me right now unless you have said all you wanted to." 

"NO!" Jessica yelled, but quickly corrected her volume of speech right away. "I mean, I still have more to say." She said in a lower voice. 

"Okay."

"I'll just get to the point because you know that's how I am Taeyeon. I don't want to beat around the bush and waste time." Jessica then reached for Taeyeon's hands as she spoke again. "I can't describe how sorry I am for all the pain and trouble I've caused you. You were so sincere to me and I knew it but I was just scared."

"..."

"You see, I just didn't want to be hurt and betrayed again. I was scared that if love would just cause me heartbreak, tears and pain then I rather not have it at all. But then you came along, and I got confused."

Taeyeon listened intently as Jessica poured out her feelings and thoughts. 

"I was so confused. The walls I built slowly crumbled down and I panic. I tried to push you away but you didn't budge Taeyeon! You just stayed like the stupid fool that you are!" 

Jessica yelled now, her voice quivering a bit as her hold on Taeyeons hands tightened. "Secretly, however, I was so grateful that you didn't run away from me. You stayed by my side like you promised. And when I finally had the courage to confess to you, I saw you with Sunny and I got reminded of what Victoria did to me. And I treated you just the same way as Victoria did to me." Jessica was crying now as she let go of Taeyeon's hands to cover her face. "I'm the stupid one! Oh my god! I'm so stupid!"

Jessica fell to the sand and cried relentlessly while Taeyeon just looked at Jessica in worry. Her heart breaking bit by bit at Jessica's vulnerability. 

"Jessica." Taeyeon crouched down to Jessica's level. "Why are you doing this? Don't cry."

"I'm sorry Tayeon but as I tried to fix things with you, I have come to realize just how much of a b***ch and heartless person I am. I'm always comparing you to Victoria and I never gave you a chance. But then now, it's just too late. How did you fall for a horrible person like me?!" Jessica uncovered her face and asked Taeyeon directly, catching the latter by surprise. 

"Jessica." Taeyeon cooed and reached out to touch Jessica but felt her hand being swatted away. 

"Don't touch me Taeyeon." Jessica then let out a chuckle. "Funny how I tried to get you back but it ends up being a reality check on myself. You deserve better Taeyeon."

Taeyeon was getting impatient and angry at Jessica's actions and behavior. She didn't follow Jessica to be told again that nothing's going to work out between them. If that's the case, Jessica shouldn't have even stop her at the airport. She's had enough of this chasing game.

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon."

"..."

"That's the name of the woman I fell in love with. The strong, hard-headed, stubborn, scary, intelligent, beautiful and kind Jessica Jung Sooyeon who has a heart of gold.  The one who loves her family and would protect all that she loves from harm. The Jessica Jung Sooyeon who loves deeply and is committed to the person she loves. The one and only Jessica Jung Sooyeon."

Jessica listened and found herself crying harder, although she felt her heart warming up to Taeyeon's words of affection. 

"But, you are not the one I love anymore."

Jessica gasped and looked up at Taeyeon. "Wh-what?" She nervously asked. 

Taeyeon closed her eyes and stood up. "You are not Jessica Jung Sooyeon. The one I have fallen in love with and still love with my whole heart. I followed you, taking another risk, and here I am, being thrown away once again...by you."

"Taeyeon."

"You should've just let me go when I had the chance." 

"..."

"You're not the stupid one. I am."

"No, that's not it. Taeyeon I-"

Taeyeon held up her hand to stop Jessica from continuing. "If I don't deserve you, then I will find someone who will."

"No." Just the thought of Taeyeon being with someone else, Jessica could not accept. It was like a knife to her heart at such statement.

"I'm tired of this. I gave you a chance. Do you even love me?" 

Jessica quickly stood up, obviously hurt by such question. "Why do you even ask that?"

Taeyeon merely smiled...but it was not real...and Jessica knew that. But the next words...felt like another bullet.

"You are not the one I love." Taeyeon uttered in defeat. 

"Taeyeon. Listen to me." Jessica pled as she held on to Taeyeon's jacket sleeve. 

"That's what I've been doing Jessica. Lisenting and waiting. What's there for me to look forward to anymore?" Taeyeon then removed Jessica's hold from her. "Maybe you're right. You don't deserve me and I dont' deserve you. So let's start our lives with out each other."

But before Jessica could even answer, a familiar voice interrupted them.

"JESSICA!!!" 

"Oh good. They're here."

Jessica looked at Taeyeon in surprise. "You told them to come here?"

"I called Sunny and Yuri to come fetch us so we have a ride home."

"We're not done talking yet Kim Taeyeon!" Jessica shouted.

"Jessie. What's wrong?" Yuri asked as soon as she reached Jessica. "Why are you yelling at Taeyeon?"

"Taeyeon. I thought everything was fine?" Sunny asked her best friend as she stood next to her. 

"I thought so too." Taeyeon uttered as she looked at Jessica. "But, it's over now. Let's go."

"But-" 

"Sunny." Taeyeon spoke in a firm voice that Sunny knew better than to argue against. "IT. IS. OVER."

"oh.ok." Sunny then glanced at Jessica, whose eyes were glistening with tears and her fists clenched. "I guess, we should go then."

"um. yeah. Let's go Jessie." Yuri softly spoke as she wrapped an arm around Jessica's shoulders. But Jessica would not budge. She just kept staring at Taeyeon, who was walking off already without them.

"Jessie? Let's go. JESSIE!!!" 

And that loud yell from Yuri was all Taeyeon heard until she turned to see what had happened but only felt herself laying down flat against the sand. 

"Ow!" Taeyeon had been tackled down by... "Jessica?"

*Slap*

"Ow! What the hell?!!" Taeyeon yelled and attempted to sit up only to be pushed back down by Jessica, who was now straddling her. 

"You're not going anywhere Kim Taeyeon! Not now, not never!" Jessica said as tears threatened to fall from her eyes.  "Why didn't you let me finish?!"

"What's there to finish?" Taeyeon threw her arms back in complete surrender. "You said you didn't deserve me."

"But that doesn't me I wasn't going to try to be worthy of you!"

"Huh?" 

"I-I was going to tell you that you could only initiate any forms of physical skinship if you were willing to let me prove myself to you, just like you had. But-but I guess I came off a little to harsh and you-you-" Jessica was crying by this point and couldn't find herself finishing her sentence as she held on tightly to Taeyeon's shirt.

"I left?" Taeyeon guessed bluntly. 

"Yes! You left me again!!! Why didn't you let me explain? I tried telling you it was a misunderstanding and that I was willing to give us a chance if you were willing to and that if you wanted me to prove myself than I will. I will do anything for you!!!" 

"Oh? Is that so?" Taeyeon kept a stoicexpression but her heart was beating so fast in happiness that she found it quite amazing she was able to look so composed and calm. 

"YES!" Jessica let out a shrill answer before burying herself into Taeyeon's shirt and laying herself ontop of Taeyeon. "So please, don't leave me again." She sobbed into Taeyeon's shirt. "I won't let you leave me again!!"

Taeyeon took glance behind Jessica to see Sunny looking at her with a 'you're such an ' look while Yuri just smiled at her, as if she already knew what will happen. 

"Why would I leave when I found the one I love again?" Taeyeon asked with a smile as she wrapped her arms around Jessica. Jessica sat up upon hearing that question. 

"What?"

"Well-" Taeyeon then sat up as well, causing Jessica leg's to be securely wrapped around her waist. "-what I mean is that this person right here in front of me is the Jessica Jung Sooyeon that I fell in love with and still love so much. I guess I didn't have to go far to find her because it seems that she has found me again." Taeyeon softly spoke lovingly as she wiped tears from Jessica's cheeks. "And there's no place I would rather be then with you." 

Jessica didn't know if Taeyeon was being serious or not. "Are-Do you forgive me?"

Taeyeon gave her a warm smile. "Yes."

"So, so you're not mad at me anymore right?"

"no."

"And, and you're not going to leave me right?" Jessica's voice cracked a bit from this question. 

Taeyeon leaned forward to kiss her chastely on the lips. "Never. Unless you want me to."

"Never! You, Kim Taeyeon, are not allowed to leave me ever again. Even if I push you away or yell at you, you have to always stay by side. And I will do the same for you."

Taeyeon chuckled. "Really?" 

"Yes. If-we're alright now, let's start over again. Ok?" Jessica looked at Taeyeon with hopeful eyes. 

Taeyeon nodded her head. "Alright." But as soon as that word left her lips, Jessica launched forward to hug her tightly. "Whoa...easy there princess."

Jessica smiled upon hearing that term of endearment again. "I miss you so much."

"Me too." Taeyeon smiled into the hug. 

"I love you Taeyeon."

Taeyeon loosened the hug. She needed to confirm what she had just heard. "What did you say?"

Jessica smiled lovingly and cupped Taeyeon's face within her soft hands. "I Love You Kim Taeyeon."

Taeyeon found herself holding back her tears this time as she leaned forward to kiss Jessica. But as soon as their lips came into contact, Taeyeon's tears fells, along with Jessica's. Their kiss was passionate and full of love. And at the same time, it symbolize one of their many declarations of their love and promises to each other. 

"I love you too Jessica Jung Sooyeon. Always." Taeyeon admitted again as soon as they ended their kiss to catch some breath. 

"Yuck. I'm going to throw up." Sunny's playful, disgusted remark intervened.

"Shut up Sunny." Yuri reprimanded and smacked her girlfriend's arm. "They're so sweet."

Jessica and Taeyeon laughed before standing up and dusting themselves. Taeyeon quickly intertwined her hands with Jessica, causign the latter to smile widely in return. 

"I guess we should go home before your baby their has to go to the hospital Yuri." Taeyeon teased, causing the others to laugh except for Sunny. 

"I'll make sure you go there with a broken arm." Sunny threatened. 

"You do that and I will skin you alive Sunny." Jessica threatened with her own trademark glare. 

"Whatever. Yuri won't allow that. Right babe?" 

Yuri shook her head. "Don't get me involved in this."

Sunny was apalled. "So you will let her skin me alive?" Sunny asked and pointed at Jessica.

"Maybe?" Yuri answered, causing everyone else to laugh. Sunny was tricked. Oh hell naw!

"Fine. Then let's break up."

"What?!" Yuri didn't expect this outcome. "it was just a joke."

"Well, I'm not joking. I'm going to find a new girlfriend. Bye ex-girlfriend." Sunny stated, before turning back to wink at Taeyeon and Jessica, who knew that Sunny was just joking with Yuri. But poor Yuri doesn't know that. "Let's go before it gets any later."

"Sunny! Are you serious? Breaking up over a small, stupid joke?" Yuri asked as she trailed after Sunny, who had walked away first. "I'll tie up Jessica to a chair and torture her before she can lay a finger on you!"

Taeyeon and Jessica laughed at the scene before them and when their laughter died down, it was silence again. 

"Let's go." Jessica said as she took the first step, with Taeyeon right by her side. 

"I'm so happy." Taeyeon commented as she pecked Jessica's cheek and wrapped an arm around Jessica's waist. "It feels nice holding my girlfriend like this."

"That's right. We're lovers now." Jessica then let out a giggle at the realization. It brought a warm feeling in her entire body.

"Yep."

"So then you'll be going to my apartment later."

"Huh? Why?" Taeyeon asked. They were now standing in front of Sunny's car. Sunny and Yuri were just waiting for them. 

"Well-" Jessica then leaned forward until her lips were hovering next to Taeyeon's right ear. "We should have a sleepover." She whispered seductively.

Taeyeon gulped. "Re-really?"

Jessica nodded her head. "Better hurry. The night is still young." Jessica winked at her before entering the car. 

Taeyeon followed in suit. "SUNNY! DRIVE!!!! She wants that sleepover with Jessica as soon as possible. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And that's the end folks! Hope you enjoyed it. :D I was thinking of writing a SunRi special, like how they fell in love for each other. What do you think?